Daily workout post

No Snivel Zone. PT - Pushups, Flutterkicks, Running, Roadmarching.
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

Today's workout will be comprised of three exercises, for ten sets, no breaks.

You will need a Kettlebell (KB) or Dumbell (DB) which weighs about half of your bodyweight (BW). About 15 yds of space to do lunges and a place to do Push Ups.

Here it is:

15 KB Swings
Lunges for 15 yds
25 Pushups

Ten times in sequence. No breaks.

My time was 21:19. Let's see what you guys got!
inter06
Tadpole

Post by inter06 »

Ranger Nomad,

I came in at 25:17. My heartrate stayed very high throughout. I felt strong with the lunges. My legs have strengthened so much since I started these workouts.
Looking forward to the next one.
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

NWrestler and INTER06, you are both doing good. Most everything you will do here will get you very close to the point of physical exhaustion. The intensity of these workouts will also continue to keep your metabolism firing on all cylinders. Make sure you guys are eating well, supplementing with whey protein and stretching when you are done.

And since you guys are eager to bring some smoke on yourselves.....You asked for it, so I shall deliver! :twisted:

Today is the start of us taking this to the next level of conditioning. We are going to move the intensity up and work at about 90% of your max HR. There will be times where you will be flat our exhausted. As I type this, I have the AC set on "Arctic" and am slamming my second bottle of ice cold water/gatorade mix.

As you push yourself from here on out, realize that we will become stronger and faster. This is well worth your time. None of this is easy. But it will make your life a lot easier when you face the challenges ahead.

So without further talk, may I present "Suckfest 2.0"....

You will complete this entire circuit three times, without any scheduled rest. If you need to catch your breath between sessions, do so for a few seconds, drink a sip of water and continue.

In sequence you will do the following exercises and repetitions:

1. 100 yds sprint (100% effort)

2. 50 BW Squats

3. 25 Push Ups

4. 10 Pull Ups

5. 10 Side Squats (10 L, 10 R)

6. 10 Medicine Ball Slams

7. 10 Chin Ups

8. 10 Burpees

9. 10 KB Swings (25% of your BW)

10. Ab Circuit comprised of:

a) 20 Sit Ups
b) 20 Toe Touchers (flat on back, legs up 90 degrees, crunch to touch toes)
c) 20 four count Supine Bicycle
d) 20 four count flutter kicks
e) 20 side crunches (10L/10R)

My times was 30:19 mins. POST EM UP, MEN!
DUG
Tadpole

Post by DUG »

Ranger Nomad,

This kicked my ass. My time was 45:10 +/- a minute, I stopped my watch by accident doing flutterkicks. Didn't have the weight for BW squats (I weigh 160 did 135). 50 BW squats was the worst exercise I've done so far. Suckfest 2.0 is the perfect name for this. I'll work on catching up on the other ones this week. Thanks for posting these for us.
Mentee to Ranger Kilted Heathen
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

DUG wrote:Ranger Nomad,

This kicked my ass. My time was 45:10 +/- a minute, I stopped my watch by accident doing flutterkicks. Didn't have the weight for BW squats (I weigh 160 did 135). 50 BW squats was the worst exercise I've done so far. Suckfest 2.0 is the perfect name for this. I'll work on catching up on the other ones this week. Thanks for posting these for us.
My bad for not clarifying. I was still smoked when I wrote this out. Bodyweight squats were supposed to be done without additional weight. :lol:

Drive on with your bad self if you did those with 135lbs. Glad to have you back in the mix!
DUG
Tadpole

Post by DUG »

Ranger Nomad,

Hell, that's my fault. I must be the biggest dumbass on earth. I just wasn't using my head, in retrospect it's perfectly clear what your were talking about because that's the way we always do them. I wrote everything down on a piece of paper and got to work and just copied it down wrong. Part of me is laughing at myself for that, but I have to admit I feel pretty fucking stupid for not following directions. That's embarrassing. Have a good weekend.
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

DUG, PM inbound.
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

On a personal note, I went for a slow two mile run this afternoon. Stuck to somewhere between 8:00 to 8:30min/mile. Crunched out a quick hundred ab reps and stretched.

Tomorrow's WO will be good. Rest up and drink water!
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

Thanks, Zonk!

I just figured this would give the guys a new outlet and maybe even get a small team together here. Sort of a lead from the front type deal. I do the WO's, post em up and they follow up on the exercises. Since I'm a little ahead in the timezones, it's fresh every other day.

Going to keep working with NWrestler, Inter06 and DUG until they leave. I think they'll be better off for it and will smoke their PT tests when the time comes.

You should jump in. Beating the shit out of something with a sledge hammer does wonders for me.
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

So today is going to be a little bit of a gutcheck. You will complete the entire workout in one go. Integrity is the key here, yet again. Do each exercise to standard, then move to the next station. Finish up with a one mile run after you catch your breath.

Welcome to "The Dirty Thirty"

30 reps each in sequence of the following exercises:

Pull Ups
Push Ups
Crunches
45lbs Overhead press (standing)
Medicine Ball Slams
Jumping Chin Ups
4-count Flutterkicks
Lunges (15R, 15L)
Hammer/Tire drill (15L/15R)

My WO time: 8:54min
My run time: 7:20min (outside, sand and pavement)

POST EM UP, MEN!
inter06
Tadpole

Post by inter06 »

Ranger Nomad,

Just finished Saturday's Suckfest at 42:03. Once again I let college football take priority. Besides rucking that was the hardest workout I have done.
DUG
Tadpole

Post by DUG »

Ranger Nomad,

"Dirty Thirty" workout= 11:51. I felt strong doing the pull ups, but that was the slowest exercise for me by far (if that makes any sense).
1 mile run in my neighborhood =7:30

Return to “About Army Physical Training”