Daily workout post

No Snivel Zone. PT - Pushups, Flutterkicks, Running, Roadmarching.
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

Good work on the SF 2.0 guys.

NWrestler and Inter06, it would be beneficial for both of you to stay on track with these WO's. I understand Football is a good time, but I don't think couch surfing will get you in shape to become an Airborne Ranger. Skip the "Dirty 30" and fall back in on the next WO tomorrow. I have something in mind for all four of us this weekend.

DUG, the Pull Ups put a hurt on me too. I think it took me right around ninety seconds to knock out mine. But the worst out of the bunch for me were the Medicine Ball slams.

Wade, thanks for the comment. You going to join in?
Nomad
Ranger

Whenever you two are done, we'll get back on track

Post by Nomad »

Which brings me to todays workout....

"The Burp and Barf"

5 rounds of the following exercises:

10 Burpees

20 Lunges

25 BW Squats

25 Yard Sprint

Then you will run a three quarter (0.75 miles) mile.

Do this back to back. Your total count at the end should be 100 Burpees, 200 Lunges, 250 BW Squats, 250 yds of Sprints and 1.5 mile run.

Break if you have to, but you are going for time on this. Remember good form. Don't cheat. You'll only hurt yourself.

My time was 33:03. Let's see some results!
DUG
Tadpole

Post by DUG »

Ranger Nomad,

43:03. Exactly ten minutes slower than you. I have to admit that looking at it on paper my goal was to compete with your time, but this one definately snuck up on me. That .75 mile run killed my time. I measured and ran it around my neighborhood and was going hard, but was still slow as hell. That's a damn good workout though.
Mentee to Ranger Kilted Heathen
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

I was waiting to see your scores. Good on you for leading the way.

The run did suck. I ran it as fast as I could, which the second time around wasn't anywhere near as fast as I wanted it to be. Good job!
inter06
Tadpole

Post by inter06 »

Ranger Nomad,

I am coming in a little late because I had to complete this WO after my overnight job.
I must be confused because I ran 3.75 miles total and I did not complete near as many burpees, lunges, and squats as you listed.
It appears I did 1 round of 10 burpees, 20 lunges, 25 squats, a 25 yard sprint, and .75 mile run; and then I repeated until I did 5 rounds.
My time was 48:11.
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

I will try to make myself clearer next time. Good effort on your WO though. Maybe you can introduce that one for the DEP's when you become a Ranger!
RangerJurena
Ranger/Moderator

Post by RangerJurena »

inter06..there are times when you might want to risk a few push ups to prove your point. In fact, its what makes life in the military fun.

So..if your right and you know your right, and here is the key..if you know your audience / leader, and you have a vaild point relevant to the situation then perhaps you make it known.

If presented professionally, you might have to do 25 and one for the Airborne Ranger in the Sky and there could be some laughs and some rapport building. If you fuck it up, or if the leader just does not feel like putting up with your crap, then well deal with it and you know that there are no bad examples only good examples of what not to do and keep your mouth shut.

Good leaders are human, make mistakes and don't mind on the spot corrections if presented correctly.

Here is how PFC Jurena would have approached this...

"Ranger Nomad..its not really about how clear you said it, I mean your enunciation was fine and I'm not the sharpest tack in the box, but I think maybe your calculator was off..

And I'm also thinking you might owe us some mileage because 5 x .75 sure looks like it equals 3.75 miles to me and if you did 5 sets of 10 burpess, were you multiplying buy 2? Because that sure seems to be 50 and not 100."

Now, the odds are I never finish that mouthful before my feet are elevated...but hey, they are only push ups.

Humor which is real, perceived or created is what will get you through the day in your upcoming journey because the entire process kind of sucks..

The rest of you DEPS should talk to your Mentors about their feelings on this, some may not agree. It's my style and it worked for me, talking to inter06 over these months, this is nothing he has not heard before, I finally have an almost real world example.

Unless my Texas and his Oklahoma math are both off, then Nomad can smoke both of us...
C.Co 1/75 '87-'93
6-89
http://www.75thrra.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - are you a member?

Post by Nomad »

Now if presented with such flawed logic, especially after showing the amount of performed repetitions necessary to complete the aforementioned workout, I would logically have to smoke you for not paying attention to detail.

Hence, in the good natured sense of this dialogue, perform ten more Burpees. Go.
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

Nwrestler wrote:Ranger Nomad,
Time was 37:29, I was confused as to when to do the run and did one .75 mile run after the first set and did the other after the last set.
Tyler
Good time on your part. You did the WO correctly.
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

Today's WO is.....

THE ONE MINUTE MAN

You will complete the following exercises for one minute each, then take a one minute break at the end. Do three complete circuits.

One circuit will consist of:

Push Ups

Flutter Kicks

Jumping Jacks

Medicine Ball Slams

Crunches

Calf Raises

45 lbs standing overhead press (DB, KB, Brick, 45lbs plate etc will do the trick)

Sit Ups

High Knees (Run in place)

After you are done with all three circuits, run one mile at about 85% Max HR. Probably between a 7:30 to 8:00 min/mile for most of you.

Total WO time for the circuits is: 27 mins, with an additional 3 mins of rest.

Your run time will depend on you.

My total WO time was 27 mins and an 8 min /mile.

Let's hear some feedback!
289sotherhalf
Supreme Goddess of Drive On/Moderator

Post by 289sotherhalf »

Ranger Nomad, I made an attempt at your One Minute Man WO. Here goes:

My time for the circuits was 21 min.s, but I omitted the Medicine ball slams and the overhead press.

My time for the 1 mi. was 17.5 min. -- I didn't run, I jogged and walked...gotta start somewhere!

I pushed myself, and I was actually surprised at how well I did! If I had balls, they woulda been smoked! The flutterkicks kicked my ass! I cussed you a little about the half mile point when my knee started bitching, but it's all good...Now, if I can get my butt outta the bed tomorrow I'll be great! :lol: :lol:

Anyways, thanks and great thread! 8)
~Ranger Wife~

"Love your enemies...it pisses them off!"

"Be careful whose toes you step on today because they might be connected to the foot that kicks your ass tomorrow."

"Behind every damsel is a fire breathing dragon."
DUG
Tadpole

Post by DUG »

Ranger Nomad,

Completed everything in the allotted time. Seems like this one hit a lot of different parts. My run time was 7:56, I'm guessing that's around the correct HR for me. These are alot better than the regular Crossfit workouts. Thanks.
Mentee to Ranger Kilted Heathen
inter06
Tadpole

Post by inter06 »

Ranger Nomad,

I came to a stop at 31:02. After the mile my time was 38:09
I am going to beat you next time DUG.

Return to “About Army Physical Training”