Officer Process

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
phoenix

Officer Process

Post by phoenix »

alright I think someone may have asked this question already but you told him to search for the answer...I'VE SEARCHED THE WHOLE FORUM! and couldnt find anything on the officer process. Anyway my question is this, is there an officer equivalent to the option 40 contract. In my intro you can find my situation but its pretty much that I will be coming out of ROTC and hope to go the path of Rangers and want to know the best method to doing this. I would like as much guidance on this as possible. thanks and i'm sorry if this is somewhere else but honestly i couldnt find it.
phoenix

Post by phoenix »

Ranger Sobersides,
I came to this forum because I wanted information on how to become a Ranger. So far I've posted twice and both times you have come down on me as if you were talking to someone who claimed he was a Ranger and never was or someone trying to deface the regiment. I spent all morning searching through this forum trying to find information on what will happen to me from the time I grab my diploma to the time I hopefully become a Ranger. It seems that if you are going through the enlisted path there are certain steps to ensure Ranger School such as the option 40 contract. I am hoping to go infantry, what steps inside of the infantry MOS should I take to try to get a slot at Ranger School. From some of your posts I have read it seems that you were an officer and so I would appreciate any help you can give me. Like I said I have read a vast majority of the posts on this forum including the FAQ's so don't tell me to read them again. Obviously I still have not figured everything out but I figured I would try again and ask men that have been in the Regiment rather than ask my PMS (Prof of Military Science) because I do not believe he has been with the regiment. So I'm sorry if I was asking questions in a question forum and I am not trying to piss anybody off, I just wanted to clarify some information and I don't see it as that big of a deal. Thanks for your input and time,

B. Foley
Aggie Battalion
Last edited by phoenix on June 16th, 2004, 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
psxdns

Post by psxdns »

phoenix wrote:sobersides,
I came to this forum because I wanted information on how to become a Ranger. So far I've posted twice and both times you have come down on me as if you were talking to someone who claimed he was a Ranger and never was or someone trying to deface the regiment. I spent all morning searching through this forum trying to find information on what will happen to me from the time I grab my diploma to the time I hopefully become a Ranger. It seems that if you are going through the enlisted path there are certain steps to ensure Ranger School such as the option 40 contract. I am hoping to go infantry, what steps inside of the infantry MOS should I take to try to get a slot at Ranger School. From some of your posts I have read it seems that you were an officer and so I would appreciate any help you can give me. Like I said I have read a vast majority of the posts on this forum including the FAQ's so don't tell me to read them again. Obviously I still have not figured everything out but I figured I would try again and ask men that have been in the Regiment rather than ask my PMS (Prof of Military Science) because I do not believe he has been with the regiment. So I'm sorry if I was asking questions in a question forum and I am not trying to piss anybody off, I just wanted to clarify some information and I don't see it as that big of a deal. Thanks for your input and time,

B. Foley
Aggie Battalion
phoenix though I am not a Ranger, Soldier, Veteran or Moderator of this community, we all have the duty to enforce 100% respect for those who made this forum possible, and our freedom possible, which includes Ranger sobersides who has been nothing but helpful to you. You have shown no respect, so don't expect respect yourself.

You were told to read http://www.armyranger.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=1837 before you signed up for this community, you clearly did not. This time read them, don't just view them.

You enter another mans house, you follow his rules. Simple as that, "You are a guest of the Rangers for whom this board was created. Remember that, and act accordingly."

Memorize that post, revise your posts, and show some respect. God knows everyone who wears such a title deserves it.

Eric
phoenix

Post by phoenix »

Ranger Sobersides,
Sorry about the whole mess and confusion we had earlier. Thanks again for the input and I'll definitely keep my focus on the 50m. I think I've got it figured out now.
phoenix

Post by phoenix »

psxdns,
I have nothing but respect for Ranger Sobersides and his fellow Rangers who you are right we owe the utmost respect to, Ranger Sobersides and I had a simple miscommunication which is solved now and like I said it was between Ranger Sobersides and myself. I appreciate your input but I don' think its necessary. Ranger Sobersides just incase you took any disrespect from me I am sorry and it was not intended.
psxdns

Post by psxdns »

Don't call me an idiot - maybe it's just a coincidence that you edit your posts and change your avatar after my post? Yeah I guess. I'm not trying to suck anyones dick here, but I'm not going to allow myself to be lowered because I did you a favor.

Eric
SRR2R
Tadpole

Post by SRR2R »

Keep it to the PMs, kids. No one's impressed. :roll:
"Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier..." - Samuel Johnson

From the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffers violence, and violent men take it by force.
-Matthew 11:12
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

who put this bullshit in my AO? :roll:
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg

Return to “Recruitment Process”