Not the greatest of subjects; VW (QUITTING)

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
barne2d2
Embryo

Not the greatest of subjects; VW (QUITTING)

Post by barne2d2 »

I ended up VWing during SFAS early this year. Believe me, I've been regretting it since.

Puddlejumping aside, I would appreciate any information on getting a waiver for that fatal mistake so I can get to RIP. I am currently in the NG and after losing my 18X contract due to an immature decision, I want to be a better soldier and one day a Ranger on active duty. I am man enough to know when to ask for help so that's what I'm doing. Any recruiters, RIP grads, or Rangers with any advice on how to get a waiver and attend RIP, I am truly grateful for any suggestions.

Thanks
rgrokelley
Triple Canopy

Re: Not the greatest of subjects; VW

Post by rgrokelley »

barne2d2 wrote:I ended up VWing during SFAS early this year. Believe me, I've been regretting it since.

Puddlejumping aside, I would appreciate any information on getting a waiver for that fatal mistake so I can get to RIP. I am currently in the NG and after losing my 18X contract due to an immature decision, I want to be a better soldier and one day a Ranger on active duty. I am man enough to know when to ask for help so that's what I'm doing. Any recruiters, RIP grads, or Rangers with any advice on how to get a waiver and attend RIP, I am truly grateful for any suggestions.

Thanks
OK, I'll play. What the hell is a V wing?

Gee, all you youngsters and your new fangled slang!
A & C Company, 3rd Ranger Battalion 1984-1986
2/325, 82nd Airborne 1979-1984
F Company, 51st LRSU 1986-1988
5th Special Forces Group 1989-1995
3rd Special Forces Group 1997-1999
RS - DHG 5-85
Invictus
Ranger

Post by Invictus »

I believe he is referring to a voluntary withdrawal (VW)...
rgrpuck
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rgrpuck »

rgrokelley wrote:
barne2d2 wrote:I ended up VWing during SFAS early this year. Believe me, I've been regretting it since.

Thanks

He comitted the most hienous of sins ........He quit.
CSM RGRPUCK
CL 3-88

Operation Just Cause (Dec- Jan 89)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan-aug '03)
Operation Iraqi Freedom (Jan- July "04)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan 07- Jan 08 )
Operation Enduring Freedom (Aug 09- Jan 10 )
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

dude, you are going to have to attempt to get a release from the NG in order to attempt to go to RIP.

You sure you want to go to RIP? I mean they don't have an easy button there, you know.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
Rangerguru
Ranger

Post by Rangerguru »

I think the German dude in the comercials calls it a V Dub.
Ranger Class 3/96
25th ID 93-96
10th Motown 96-99
C Co. 4th RTB 99-04
Gubment Contractor OCONUS 07-present

Gun Safety Tip #6. When unholstering your weapon it's customary to say "Excuse me while I whip this out "
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

JLTW!!! wrote:I am a firm believer in the theory that "if you quit once, you'll quit again!" My dad taught me that....take it for what it is worth.
He's still practicing being a quitter, notice in his sigline

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
rgrokelley
Triple Canopy

Post by rgrokelley »

Tenn-RGR wrote:
rgrokelley wrote:

Thanks

:lol: V wing.... :lol:

VW is new fangle slang for Voluntary Withdrawal, or, he quit.
I still don't understand... what is this "quitting" ya'll keep talking about?
A & C Company, 3rd Ranger Battalion 1984-1986
2/325, 82nd Airborne 1979-1984
F Company, 51st LRSU 1986-1988
5th Special Forces Group 1989-1995
3rd Special Forces Group 1997-1999
RS - DHG 5-85
rgrpuck
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rgrpuck »

rgrokelley wrote:
Tenn-RGR wrote:
rgrokelley wrote: OK, I'll play. What the hell is a V wing?

:lol: V wing.... :lol:

exactly
CSM RGRPUCK
CL 3-88

Operation Just Cause (Dec- Jan 89)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan-aug '03)
Operation Iraqi Freedom (Jan- July "04)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan 07- Jan 08 )
Operation Enduring Freedom (Aug 09- Jan 10 )
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

I thought V Wing was a new motorcycle by Honda.

RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

rgrpuck wrote:
rgrokelley wrote:
Tenn-RGR wrote: :lol: V wing.... :lol:

exactly
"I quit" is one of the most liberating phrases in our lexicon. It removes a Soldiers need to be concerned with standards. "I quit" allows Soldiers to embrace their unique abilities as an individual. "I quit" removes the specter of being placed in a difficult situational and having other Soldiers look to you for guidance.

"I quit" affords other (less individual) Soldiers to placed in the forefront. "I quit" leaves room for the "less than imaginative" Soldiers to fill the gaps and press the fight forward to the enemy. "I quit" should be shouted from the roof tops by every Soldier who feels as though their full potential is not being realized by the Draconian training practices of the war-fighter mentality.

Be Proud, Be Strong and let everyone know that you had the courage to declare you individuality.....Let's shout it together....."I QUIT"
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
SupplyRanger
Ranger

Post by SupplyRanger »

Silverback wrote:
rgrpuck wrote:
rgrokelley wrote: I still don't understand... what is this "quitting" ya'll keep talking about?
exactly
"I quit" is one of the most liberating phrases in our lexicon. It removes a Soldiers need to be concerned with standards. "I quit" allows Soldiers to embrace their unique abilities as an individual. "I quit" removes the specter of being placed in a difficult situational and having other Soldiers look to you for guidance.

"I quit" affords other (less individual) Soldiers to placed in the forefront. "I quit" leaves room for the "less than imaginative" Soldiers to fill the gaps and press the fight forward to the enemy. "I quit" should be shouted from the roof tops by every Soldier who feels as though their full potential is not being realized by the Draconian training practices of the war-fighter mentality.

Be Proud, Be Strong and let everyone know that you had the courage to declare you individuality.....Let's shout it together....."I QUIT"
You really do hate your job SB. :)
Ranger School CL# 04-05
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

SupplyRanger wrote:You really do hate your job SB. :)
Nah...I just think that allowing the use of the phrase "Voluntary withdrawal" has weakened Soldier's understanding of what it is that they are doing. It almost makes quitting sound reasonable.

BTW....It took 24-years for me to VW from the Army!
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"

Return to “Recruitment Process”