BruteForce
US Army Veteran

Don't drown, GSXRanger

Post by BruteForce »

Looks like it's going to be fun.

I just love a stormy night.

Stay safe!

US Army 1986 - 1994
InfoSec/InfraGard/NetGuard (1994 - Present)
Random world and Adventures of BruteForce
GSXRanger
Ranger

Post by GSXRanger »

ha... you jest.

I was up at Camp Blanding just yesterday, to put on our Tactical Drug Operations Course... I had 31 students show up... and today, Camp Blanding Range Control shut down the base. I had to send all the students home.

I got recalled because I am on the State ERT, with my secondary mission... a Sattelite Uplink Truck.

I could be trading paint rounds with some fucking squared away SWAT guys... but, no... I get to ride into the big bad Category .75 and set up a news conference.

Maybe some of the reporters will be hot???

:P
RS 08-91
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
BruteForce
US Army Veteran

Post by BruteForce »

Damned! Sounds like some POG duty. When is all that training @ DLI going to pay off? :D

If/when that shit hits the ground, do provide us an AAR!
US Army 1986 - 1994
GSXRanger
Ranger

Post by GSXRanger »

BruteForce wrote:Damned! Sounds like some POG duty. When is all that training @ DLI going to pay off? :D

If/when that shit hits the ground, do provide us an AAR!
You know it... with PICTURES!
RS 08-91
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
GSXRanger
Ranger

Post by GSXRanger »

Well, so far... a bit of wind, no rain.

They canceled my training for this?
RS 08-91
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
BruteForce
US Army Veteran

Post by BruteForce »

Heard on the news this morning that it's maintaining at 60mph. Hell, I get 60mph winds up here every other day.

The only impact of 60mph winds for us is to replace my flag cord with nylon coated steel braided cable, and periodically replace the flag when it gets tattered.

:D
US Army 1986 - 1994
ANGRYCivilian
Tadpole

Post by ANGRYCivilian »

It should hit me at around 0800 Wednesday. The county has already shut down schools, and I think county employees will also be off this afternoon. By the time it gets done destroying Tampa/St Pete, it should just be a regular storm for me.
St Barbara's Bastards
82C1P

"Parole officer says I gotta upgrade, or he won't give me back my stabbin' knife!"~Roberto
GSXRanger
Ranger

Post by GSXRanger »

ANGRYCivilian wrote:It should hit me at around 0800 Wednesday. The county has already shut down schools, and I think county employees will also be off this afternoon. By the time it gets done destroying Tampa/St Pete, it should just be a regular storm for me.
Brother... I am sitting at my office, at St. Pete College, on 34th Street South... and it's very calm. Wind gusts up to about 15-20... hell, jumps have been made in worse weather than this.

I have to sort through the class roster and try to reschedule to get all of these students back in.

If the storm was gonna hit, I have a nice bottle of Bacardi Anejo that would go right well with it. But, it looks like it will be no more than a little fart.
RS 08-91
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
ANGRYCivilian
Tadpole

Post by ANGRYCivilian »

Here's the latest NOAA projection:

I'm surprised you're not getting any rain, though. I still think we'll get some good rain as is skirts around the south and east sides of Marion.
St Barbara's Bastards
82C1P

"Parole officer says I gotta upgrade, or he won't give me back my stabbin' knife!"~Roberto
GSXRanger
Ranger

Post by GSXRanger »

Nope... still no rain. 1139 hours, but it's windy as FUCK!

RS 08-91
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Ardent Lady
Tadpole

Post by Ardent Lady »

BruteForce, AngryCitizen and Ranger GSXRanger, here on the east coast we've had a bit of rain and wind. It just so happens that we're not home right now so we're missing all the fun while watching from a distance.

19 August 2008

Rainfall from Tropical Storm Fay

Rainfall for Today 5.93 in :shock:
Last 24Hrs Rain 5.93 in

As reported by the personal weather site of my neighbor at this link:

http://pbwx.com/
Reverend Mother of the Church of The Yellow River

The ultimate effect of shielding men from the effects of folly, is to fill the world with fools.
--Herbert Spencer
Jenny Lynn
Tadpole

Post by Jenny Lynn »

GSXRanger wrote:Nope... still no rain. 1139 hours, but it's windy as fuck!

Ranger GSXRanger,
As this picture was loading I was expecting to see you holding on to the palm tree for dear life with your feet off the ground..... LOL Jenny

Seriously BruteForce, AngryCitizen, Aredent Lady and Ranger GSXRanger, you all stay safe down there I should hook you all up with my sister in Naples, her and some friends called in to work since they are having a tropical storm bash and of course figured they could not drive in to work since they've been partaking in the liquid refreshments that they packed on ice in the bathtub, crazy young kids :roll:
Jenny
"All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered; the point is to discover them.” Galileo Galilei

"If our lives are endangered by plots or violence or armed robbers or enemies, any and every method of protecting ourselves is morally right” Marcus Tullius Cicero

"By special Pastoral appointment."
RRDTm3
Ranger

Post by RRDTm3 »

GSXRanger wrote: Image

SWM seeks heavy set top for Adult encounters. I am a big fan of Barbara Streisand and Nathan Lane movies. I am very butch yet I have a soft side as well!

WTF?
A co 3/75
RRD
RIP/PRC
Ranger Instructor 4th RTB
H co LRS
WTC
MUTC
#8-91

"I will never out rank stupid people"

Mentor to Myself
BruteForce
US Army Veteran

Post by BruteForce »

Jenny Lynn wrote: Seriously BruteForce, AngryCitizen, Aredent Lady and Ranger GSXRanger, you all stay safe down there
I appreciate the thoughts, but I'm quite some distance away - in Utah, at a perfect 4600' in elevation. We haven't seen rain in 3 months, but routinely get bursts of wind +60mph.

Just watching the news and knowing that GSX went from my previous locale of Monterrey, CA to Tampa. I understand Spartan may have some neighbors with burned down homes too.
US Army 1986 - 1994
PocketKings
Ranger

Post by PocketKings »

RRDTm3 wrote:
GSXRanger wrote: Image

SWM seeks heavy set top for Adult encounters. I am a big fan of Barbara Streisand and Nathan Lane movies. I am very butch yet I have a soft side as well!

WTF?
With his steely eyes and come hither stare, he should find someone in no time.

GSX - How's the kitesailing?
RS 01-00
82d (1-325 AIR) 99-00
101st (2-502d IN) 00-03

Return to “The Mosh Pit”