Enilstment question

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
Narrow Gauge RR
Tadpole

Enilstment question

Post by Narrow Gauge RR »

I am a 28 year old man who is going to be enlisting in the Army by the first of the year...I will be 29 in October. I have a couple hurdles to jump first...need to get in shape and try to get a medical waiver because of my vision but I'm told that won't be a problem. I have 59 college credits and I want to be a Ranger and fight for my country. Is this a dream fessible or should I lower my sights? I realize that my vision could be a hindrance and my age could hurt me but my heart and patritism will push me to be the best enlisted man I can be. I really just was wondering if I stand any chance at all of becoming a Ranger.
God has already blessed me by letting my vision improve enough that I even stand a chance for a waiver, when I finished highschool the recruiters had no hope of a waiver because I was -11 diopter but my eyesight has imporved to -9.

Thank you.
Narrow Gauge RR
Tadpole

Sorry for posting dumbass questions. I did a little more searching and found answers to all my concerns. Wish me luck in becoming a ranger. :D
...I turned down their dope. And I turned down their stupid trends. And the hippies always hated me, because they were preaching peace and love and I was loading a .44 magnum.
Ted Nugent

What's a fart? A turd honking for right of way.
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

eyesight waiver should not be an issue. usually comes back with 72 hours anyway.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
Narrow Gauge RR
Tadpole

ABN/Moderator Hit_it, thanks for the reply, however now that I've read a bit more on here I see that you cannot get an 11x/option 40 if you have a medical waiver. Is a waiver for eyesight considered a medical waiver and if so how do I become a ranger if I can't get 11X/option 40?
...I turned down their dope. And I turned down their stupid trends. And the hippies always hated me, because they were preaching peace and love and I was loading a .44 magnum.
Ted Nugent

hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

it may be an issue for an OP40. not for infantry with airborne. see where i'm going.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
Narrow Gauge RR
Tadpole

Roger that ABN/Moderator Hit_it.....go Airborne Infantry and apply to Ranger School. Am I correct or is there a better way to acheive my goal? In my contract I assume I should demand 11X but is that all I should be concerned with or should I tell everyone I run into that I want to be a Ranger.
Ted Nugent

Return to “Recruitment Process”