im not sure you can answer this ;)

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
LetGo
Embryo

im not sure you can answer this ;)

Post by LetGo »

my contract is an option 26 13F which means i only serve for 2 years after my training..

its almost common sense to me that they wouldnt waste the time training me to be a Ranger if I'm only 2 years and 16 weeks

yes i want to be bad ass and move up in rank... but at the same time i want to finish my duty and do my own thing...

well.. how long do i need to enlist for?

im sure ill max out my PT tests at least by the end of boot camp.. i dont see why i wouldnt be at least a squad leader in there also if they look at that... my asvab scores were pretty high... GT was just decent

any comments? ;)

much appreciated
Fort Sill OSUT June 29th
Bell

Post by Bell »

OOoooOooo...your so hard.

If ya wanna be something sign up for 4 years and get an Option 40. If you complete the training we might be able to call ya Ranger. FO's are Rangers too.

RLTW
Bell
LetGo
Embryo

Post by LetGo »

*refer below please 8)
Last edited by LetGo on June 11th, 2004, 6:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Fort Sill OSUT June 29th
LetGo
Embryo

Post by LetGo »

ok. ill probably renegotiate my contract..

they wont give me an option 40.. but i can earn it

will doing this help me move up in rank in the years to come? based on probability i mean
Fort Sill OSUT June 29th
Bell

Post by Bell »

Slow down youngster.

You can't earn an Option 40. You have to ask for it and qualify for it then sign it.

You have taken off like a shotgun and yer shit is scattered around all over the place. Read these boards, use the search button at the top of the page and you can find your answer.

If you're serious about the Option 40, then renogotiate right now. Don't wait. Did ya already sign anything? It might be too late. Hell, I don't know what you got going on. Baby steps. One at a time.

RLTW
Bell
LetGo
Embryo

Post by LetGo »

^^~understood Ranger Bell

yes i signed 13F option 26 2 years plus training.. OSUT 13 weeks+processing.

ive been in touch with MSG Dupont from the 13F website.. he informed me to let him know at OSUT if Id like to volunteer for a Ranger assignment

what i meant by earn it was just that i would volunteer for it after BCT instead of having it in my contract.. but yes you are right

ill talk to my recruiter tomorrow.. maybe he'll help me out; to renegotiate seems very tricky to me.. but if in fact i cant get ranger going for only 2 years plus training... i had better get on it :shock:

sorry about posting my questions in two different forum sections

8)
Fort Sill OSUT June 29th
Bell

Post by Bell »

You really need to get an Option 40 contract going into the service if Ranger is what ya want. Anything after that is a roll of the dice and it don't always work.

RLTW
Bell
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

damn, Ranger.

wanna take my job and let me go back to combat? :D
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
Bell

Post by Bell »

Just covering. The kids all fucked up and probably late. Your turn.

RLTW
Bell
LetGo
Embryo

Post by LetGo »

i noticed 13F is of shortage

check it out if ya like:
https://www.perscom.army.mil/epinf/rang ... enings.htm
Fort Sill OSUT June 29th
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

Your turn.

Code: Select all

you answered everything. i hve nothing to say that would benefit the post.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
LetGo
Embryo

Post by LetGo »

I takled to my recruiter.. I can extend my contract at any time without the benefits.. and he sure as hell aint gonna help me renegotiate my contract before i ship but, Oh well. I'll just wait till OSUT to see wats up;

~keepin ya posted
Fort Sill OSUT June 29th
Parabellum
Ranger

Post by Parabellum »

Get a real contract. If they do let you come to regiment with just 2 years left you are going to piss alot of people off. They are not going to invest shit into you.
"We spoke to them in the only language they understood - the machine gun."

HHC 1/75 Oct 98-Mar 99
B co 1/75 Mar 99-Apr 04
ROC RSTB RIP/PRC Cadre Apr 04-May 06
A co 1/75 May 06-Jul 08
HHC 1/75 Jul 08-Mar 09

RS 3-99

Return to “Recruitment Process”