RIP knowledge

Eight weeks of smoke, training & evaluation.
IRNMIKE
Paratrooper

RIP knowledge

Post by IRNMIKE »

Rangers,
A lot of the stuff that is taught at RIP, such as advanced land nav , advanced first aid, sewing, etc., I have never done before. Do they teach you from scratch? Or should I be greatly worried about this?
Ship date: 23 July 2008, Fort Benning
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

You shouldn't be worried. RIP is oriented for the average bozo who has superior drive, willpower and can learn fast. AND is already in superior physical condition.
The vast majority of us here who succeded at RIP, SFQC etc did so with little or no idea of what we were getting into. We just took it as it came at us.
You just have to want it badly.
Prior knowledge just smooths it out a little, very little. If you need comfort zones like this site in order to carry on, to find little short cuts or tips here & there, then you will, sooner or later, fail.
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

You will be taught everything you need to know, but it is up to you to learn it.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
abnhawk
Ranger

Post by abnhawk »

K.Ingraham wrote:If you need comfort zones like this site in order to carry on, to find little short cuts or tips here & there, then you will, sooner or later, fail.
That's good shit right there! Take that to heart, and conduct yourself accordingly.

I fit the "average bozo" label, and didn't know shit going into RIP except what I learnt in basic. Listen to what's taught, apply it correctly, and you'll be ok. If not, you're in the wrong business anyway.
C 3/75 89 -91
RLTW!
Earthpig
Ranger

Re: RIP knowledge

Post by Earthpig »

IRNMIKE wrote:Rangers,
A lot of the stuff that is taught at RIP, such as advanced land nav , advanced first aid, sewing, etc., I have never done before. Do they teach you from scratch? Or should I be greatly worried about this?
I remember we got to make these really adorable curtains in the sewing class.

Sewing? :? Don't worry, as stated by others, they'll explain everything so you can pick it up.

RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Invictus
Ranger

Post by Invictus »

The greatest advantage you can give yourself is to prepare yourself physically. That alone will relieve a great deal of stress and allow you to focus on other things, giving you a significant advantage over a number of your peers. Everything else is gravy.

Keep this in mind, the vast majority of the men on this board had zero preparation, at least in the sense your talking about, for RIP.

Use your time wisely, now and once you begin. If you do that, the only thing left to do is never quit.

Many are called...few are chosen.
Parabellum
Ranger

Post by Parabellum »

You get taught basic land nav not advanced.
"We spoke to them in the only language they understood - the machine gun."

HHC 1/75 Oct 98-Mar 99
B co 1/75 Mar 99-Apr 04
ROC RSTB RIP/PRC Cadre Apr 04-May 06
A co 1/75 May 06-Jul 08
HHC 1/75 Jul 08-Mar 09

RS 3-99
Sleepy Doc
Ranger

Post by Sleepy Doc »

Y'all motherfuckers can laugh, but I made a good amount of my drinking money sewing patches on. ($35 to $50 a week. Cheaper than Ranger Joe's and just as good as K&W..)

back before this velcro shit..even the uniforms were hard
B Co 3/75 '95-'99
4th RTB '00-'01

"ahh, Daniel-san.. When balance good, Karate good...everything good!.." K. Miyagi
IRNMIKE
Paratrooper

Post by IRNMIKE »

Rangers,

I will continue to work on the physical aspect. Thanks for the advice.

mike
Ship date: 23 July 2008, Fort Benning

Return to “About RASP”