Marc McFann

Hand to Hand, Combative Skills, etc...
SRR2R
Tadpole

Marc McFann

Post by SRR2R »

I recently spent roughly a year training in Unified Fighting Arts under a gentleman named Marc McFann. Sifu McFann is a certified instructor in Filipino and Jun Fan/JKD under Guro Dan Inosanto as well as a full instructor under Sifu Larry Hartsell. He spends much of his time abroad giving seminars, and his website can be found here.

Now that I got that out of the way...I am curious if anyone here is familar with Sifu McFann. I greatly enjoyed the time I spent training under Sifu McFann and quickly came to believe that he is nothing short of an absolute expert. Everyone thinks their instructor is the baddest man around, though, and now it seems MMA (and its "experts") is more abundant than ever, so I guess I am looking for some verification from other, objective sources.

While training, I befriended an 82nd Airborne veteran and current LEO who I am came to know quite well; this individual had his own school an hour away, but drove weekly to train under Sifu McFann. He has trained in MMA since he was young, including several years on the West coast in competitions while he was in the Army. He swears up and down about how lucky we were to have the oppurtunity to train under Sifu McFann, and I have no doubt in my mind.

I'd be appreciative to hear from anyone who is experienced/knowledgeable in MMA and has any comment or opinion to offer about Sifu Marc McFann.

Thanks.
"Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier..." - Samuel Johnson

From the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffers violence, and violent men take it by force.
-Matthew 11:12

Return to “Close Combat”