Shopping at the Fort Benning PX

Racks, Helmets, Cold Weather Gear
just plain Mike
Embryo

Shopping at the Fort Benning PX

Post by just plain Mike »

Rangers,
I have a very limited understanding about the PX. Will I be able to purchase a good watch, multi-tool and other high quality equipment there, or should I bring my own? Thanks.
Mike

Ship date: 20080522
Invictus
Ranger

Re: Shopping at the Fort Benning PX

Post by Invictus »

just plain Mike wrote:Rangers,
I have a very limited understanding about the PX. Will I be able to purchase a good watch, multi-tool and other high quality equipment there, or should I bring my own? Thanks.
I thought you said you were going in as a medic?

Most PX's have all that stuff, or there are places off post that sell them. Your need for a quality anything will be minimal until you hit your unit.
If you want to be the "gray man", I suggest leaving all high speed cool guy gear at the house.

A private wearing a TAG or a Rolex is a good way to quickly increase your PT score...
just plain Mike
Embryo

Ranger Invictus,
I am going in as a medic, I do not understand your question? Could you please clarify for me, I am Alaskan, we don't read between the lines very well.
Mike

just plain Mike
Embryo

Ranger Invictus,
I was not trying to be a smart aleck just now, just wanted to better understand your question. Thanks.
Mike

Sleepy Doc
Ranger

Re: Shopping at the Fort Benning PX

Post by Sleepy Doc »

Invictus wrote:
just plain Mike wrote:Rangers,
I thought you said you were going in as a medic?

Most PX's have all that stuff, or there are places off post that sell them. Your need for a quality anything will be minimal until you hit your unit.
If you want to be the "gray man", I suggest leaving all high speed cool guy gear at the house.

A private wearing a TAG or a Rolex is a good way to quickly increase your PT score...
Tell you what, sport. Why don't you go and get a big fucking TAG or Breitling divers watch, the more dials the better and at least a half inch thick. For knives, get a big-ass pig sticker.. the bigger, the better (think "Crocodile Dundee") Nothing can be too big, like a "Cold Steel" Master Hunter or Gurkha Kukri. That way they will know you mean business. You are gonna be a medic, huh? Well in that case you might as well throw in your own aid bag.. definitely Advanced Life Support level or better. You can find a good selection at Galls.com. While you are there you might as well get your own ballistic protection, Level II or better...

Are you getting my point yet? The only thing you will need is YOU your self! The rest ofthe cool guy shit you can get after you finish RIP (If you make it that far..)...
B Co 3/75 '95-'99
4th RTB '00-'01

"ahh, Daniel-san.. When balance good, Karate good...everything good!.." K. Miyagi
Invictus
Ranger

Post by Invictus »

Fort Benning is an Infantry post. I thought Medics went to Basic somewhere else. Could be wrong though...
just plain Mike
Embryo

Ranger Sleepy Doc,
Thanks for the reply, I was talking about timex, casio and leatherman. Can't afford the expensive watches, so I wasn't trying to make a point about all the cool gear I could bring.
I am glad you replied however, because you're a medic, so not to be annoying asking this question on every post, but what is the waiver for color-blindness on the Ranger Medic Application all about? Thanks again for the reply, I am glad I got the connection.
Mike

Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

just plain Mike wrote:Ranger Sleepy Doc,
Thanks for the reply, I was talking about timex, casio and leatherman. Can't afford the expensive watches, so I wasn't trying to make a point about all the cool gear I could bring.
I am glad you replied however, because you're a medic, so not to be annoying asking this question on every post, but what is the waiver for color-blindness on the Ranger Medic Application all about? Thanks again for the reply, I am glad I got the connection.
Shut the fuck up.

Just...shut the fuck up.
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
H Co.121(ABN)(LRS)04-PRESENT
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

"The lapdance is always better when the stripper is crying"

The trouble with Scotland is it's full of Scots!
just plain Mike
Embryo

Ranger Invictus,
Yes, I am going to Fort Benning, which excites me because originally they talked about sending me to Fort Jackson, but I told the MEPS counselor that I didn't wear pink underwear, so my counselor got me into Fort Benning. Very excited about that.
Mike

Gordo173
Ranger

Post by Gordo173 »

just plain Mike wrote:Ranger Invictus,
Yes, I am going to Fort Benning, which excites me because originally they talked about sending me to Fort Jackson, but I told the MEPS counselor that I didn't wear pink underwear, so my counselor got me into Fort Benning. Very excited about that.
Son what part of Ranger Kilted Heathen's SHUT THE FUCK UP are you not understanding!
Wpns/C/2-75(INF)(RGR)(ABN)
1/1/C/2-75(INF)(RGR)(ABN)
C,HHC,D/3-6(INF)(Mech)
HHC/2-504 PIR
A/1-504 PIR
HHC/1-82(ABN)
Oopps almost forgot Class 4-84

"Always with the negative waves Moriarity!"
The Old Guy
Ranger

Post by The Old Guy »

Is the boy on station?

Who cares, he has to complete BCT, then BAC before he shadows the ground at RIP.

Forget the first question.
The way in which a man accepts his fate and all the suffering it entails, the way in which he takes up his cross, gives him ample opportunity – even under the most difficult circumstances – to add a deeper meaning to his life.

Viktor E. Frankl
abnhawk
Ranger

Post by abnhawk »

The Old Guy wrote:
Is the boy on station?

Who cares, he has to complete BCT, then BAC before he shadows the ground at RIP.

Forget the first question.
He doesn't seem to take advise very well, so my guess is that he is either already being processed out, or he has grown very very strong :twisted:
C 3/75 89 -91
RLTW!

Return to “Personal Gear”