Elbow problem, getting worried

Caring for the warriors: How medics contribute to mission accomplishment.
tehwooty
Embryo

Elbow problem, getting worried

Post by tehwooty »

Rangers,

Doing pushups about 10 days ago, my left elbow popped and then started hurting. It was louder than the usual popping I get when I wake up and stretch (crack my back, feet, sometimes my elbows pop too).

Since then, I've had an odd pain in it when I'm lowering myself on the downward part of the pushup. It feels like if I keep going my elbow's gonna give and I'll fall on my face. It feels like there's a lot of pressure building up in it.

It's gotten better in the time since it's happened, I just managed to squeeze out one and a half pushups, with a mild amount of pain. No popping.

It just felt like my elbow was straining very hard to support my weight.

I saw a doctor three days ago and he told me to RICE, since from what he could tell, it was just a soft tissue injury.

I'm asking here because I figured a group of soldiers would be able to give a second opinion regarding healing an elbow injury what with all the PT you guys have done, and since you may have experienced the same type of injury.

The doctor said it would take 7-10 days from time of injury to heal completely but it's been 10 days and it's not completely fine, so that's why I'm worried.

Thinking back, I could have reinjured it slightly in my auto technology class since we do brake jobs and engine swaps and those require pushing in kind of the same way as a pushup.

Do I just keep taking advil and resting it or should I be pushing past the pain and doing more pushups?

Respectfully,

-Jon
Baseplate
Ranger

Post by Baseplate »

beat off with your right hand for a change
HHC 1/75 mtrs Apr 2000- dec 2003
hang it, FIRE!!!!

"I feel sorry for anyone who is not an alcoholic---How would you like to wake up every moring & know that is the best you will feel all day?" W.C. Fields

1st Ranger Bn...We may not go down in history but we will go down on your sister
gRavepc
Ranger

Post by gRavepc »

Listen to the doc, RICE.
Use the advil or motrin, motrin is a miracle drug, but you only get its true effects when it builds up in your body. Make sure to not miss a dosage and take the recommended amount each day and you should start feeling alot better in a few days. Don't push through the pain, you'll just injure yourself even more.
Oto-Man
Ranger

Post by Oto-Man »

Baseplate wrote:beat off with your right hand for a change
X2
B Co 2/75 (WEBCO)
1988-1990
RS Class 1-90
tehwooty
Embryo

Post by tehwooty »

Roger Ranger Fish.
Sleepy Doc
Ranger

Post by Sleepy Doc »

Fish wrote:You have seen a physician and have a diagnosis. But yet you come here looking for advise from non medical people and EMTs who have not even seen you. Listen to your provider and SHUT THE fuck UP. IF you do not like what your provider has told you, go see a new one. Stop soliciting advise from non-medical people.
I totally concur, Doctor. 8)
B Co 3/75 '95-'99
4th RTB '00-'01

"ahh, Daniel-san.. When balance good, Karate good...everything good!.." K. Miyagi

Return to “Medical Issues”