Marines at Berkley

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

lonergr77
Ranger

Marines at Berkley

Post by lonergr77 »

Check out this link of the crap taking place at Berkley right now.
Great piece of reporting from The Daily Show.

http://www.thedailyshow.com/video/index ... in-berkley
lonergr77

3rd Plt, Cco, 2/75 - Nov '96 to Dec '99
RRD - Dec '99 to Dec '03
TSE Inc - Dec '03 to May '10
RRC Civilian - May '10 -
RC - 3-98
LeoM
Ranger

Post by LeoM »

That was some good shit, I think Berkeley would be a good place for some Urban live fire exercises. :D
A co 3/75 2nd plt '94-'97
RS 10-95
Rangerguru
Ranger

Post by Rangerguru »

First of all, there some turdburglar in a Captian Steubing outfit badmouthing the military, then you have another hippie jackass saying that he feels like Berkley has been occupied by the Marines, just like they occupied Iraq. Maybe it's just me, but just how many Marines are in that recruiting station anyway. And to top it off is the smelly hippie chick saying that they have the right to free speach and Riegle comes up with an outstanding line saying, wouldn't it be great if there was an organization that was sworn to protect that right for you, and that idiot agrees with him, but she's probably got about a $250,000 education, obviously in hemp rope uses or art appreciation, definately not U.S. history.
In the past on more than one occaision I said the following "I do solemnly swear to support and defend the Constitution of the United States agains all enemies both foreign and domestic" It's my opinion as I'm sure the opinion of probably everybody on this board, that anyone that protests the organizations that provide them the right to protest, should be labeled as traitors and treated accordingly. A great solution would be to send them to some of the shitholes around the world that many of us have spent a lot of time in and let them see first hand just how good they really have it. The only problem with this solution is that most of them wouldn't get it.
Ranger Class 3/96
25th ID 93-96
10th Motown 96-99
C Co. 4th RTB 99-04
Gubment Contractor OCONUS 07-present

Gun Safety Tip #6. When unholstering your weapon it's customary to say "Excuse me while I whip this out "
Black 6
Ranger

Post by Black 6 »

That was fucking funny.
2/75 Blacksheep 92-93, 1/9 93-94
1759 society member

"You will know me by the scars I bear.
You will know me by the hate I swear."-OTEP

01010011 01110000 01100001 01110010 01110100 01100001 01101110 00101111 01001000 01100101 01110010 01101111 00101110
ANGRYCivilian
Tadpole

Post by ANGRYCivilian »

You know, why don't we just force all the like-minded people to move to Berkley, CA, and live in peace and harmonyfuckingwhatever? That would leave the rest of our beautiful and great country to us.
St Barbara's Bastards
82C1P

"Parole officer says I gotta upgrade, or he won't give me back my stabbin' knife!"~Roberto
swagger
Ranger

Post by swagger »

My wife (who has takin to grumbling "f'in hippie") recieved this reply on a board she frequents.

Is it any surprise which side she's rooting for?
"I dont really care about the silliness of what they did, but to comment on the socio political framework of what that did in derisive manner is analogous to saying that the freedom riders should have gone into politics to stop segregated waiting rooms, that the students who sat a lunch counters should have been in politics instead, that MLK should have marched into Selma against police orders. Civil Disobedience has played a vital role in serving as a catalyst to political change, and whether you think a particular protest is silly, misinformed or whatever, is not grounds to say the societal role of political civil disobedience is. By that rationale we would still have segregated schools, a poll tax, a British India, and an apartheid South Africa.
To say that people choose the military is to ignore the entire demographical reality of who joins. Some people have more choices than others.
Military recruiters target poor areas and immigrant populations, they feed off the economic and racial inequality of america.
The military does not believe in free in speech, they discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation. In 2004 the law schools sued to keep them off campus because Law Schools have a non discrimination policy that doesnt allow employers who discriminate against race, religion, gender or sexual orientation recruit on campus. The Feds said they would remove all access to federal loans if they were not allowed to recruit. With out that campuses cant operate, so we have to accommodate discrimination. The military was one of the last places to to desegregate.
Civil Disobedience has made america a healthier society, especially for those that are politically disenfranchised.
but you knew this was coming..."
1st BN: Bco 98-02, HHC 02-04
RS 5-99

If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan it properly.
EvilCouch
Ranger

Post by EvilCouch »

swagger wrote:My wife (who has takin to grumbling "f'in hippie") recieved this reply on a board she frequents.

Is it any surprise which side she's rooting for?
"I dont really care about the silliness of what they did, but to comment on the socio political framework of what that did in derisive manner is analogous to saying that the freedom riders should have gone into politics to stop segregated waiting rooms, that the students who sat a lunch counters should have been in politics instead, that MLK should have marched into Selma against police orders. Civil Disobedience has played a vital role in serving as a catalyst to political change, and whether you think a particular protest is silly, misinformed or whatever, is not grounds to say the societal role of political civil disobedience is. By that rationale we would still have segregated schools, a poll tax, a British India, and an apartheid South Africa.
To say that people choose the military is to ignore the entire demographical reality of who joins. Some people have more choices than others.
Military recruiters target poor areas and immigrant populations, they feed off the economic and racial inequality of america.
The military does not believe in free in speech, they discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation. In 2004 the law schools sued to keep them off campus because Law Schools have a non discrimination policy that doesnt allow employers who discriminate against race, religion, gender or sexual orientation recruit on campus. The Feds said they would remove all access to federal loans if they were not allowed to recruit. With out that campuses cant operate, so we have to accommodate discrimination. The military was one of the last places to to desegregate.
Civil Disobedience has made america a healthier society, especially for those that are politically disenfranchised.
but you knew this was coming..."
What the fuck?!
On July 26, 1948, President Harry S. Truman signed Executive Order 9981, ending segregation in the United States Armed Forces.
The U.S. Supreme Court issued its historic Brown v. Board of Education, 347 U.S. 483, on May 17, 1954
The Army desegregated almost seven years BEFORE American colleges did. Have your wife bitchslap the shit out of whoever posted that drivel!
Clueless Joe(Sand hill): May 98 - May 99
Tabless Bitch (Bco 3/75): May 99 - May 01
REMF (11th Regt): May 01 - Feb 04
Leg Team/Squad leader (HHC 1-503, 2ID, OIF): Feb 04 - Dec 05
World's worst webcomic
wade_the_duck
Tadpole

Post by wade_the_duck »

"Military recruiters target poor areas and immigrant populations"

Maybe its because whenever they try to set foot in rich, College areas dozens of pink wearing idiots tell them to leave!
swagger
Ranger

Post by swagger »

exactly the post couldn't be more fuckin hypocritical.

What you don't want us to recruit from the lower bracket of the population, we'll come find the educated people with some money.
Wait, you don't want us to target you either. Oh but you still want our money thru grants though.

Yes, yes, please continue as I have nothing better to do than listen to sheltered, spoiled 18 yr old shitbags that don't have the work ethics to keep a cashier job at PACSUN. These are the people that grow up to populate Code Pink......
1st BN: Bco 98-02, HHC 02-04
RS 5-99

If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan it properly.
Lanista
Embryo

Simple Solution

Post by Lanista »

No Uncle Sam in your hood recruiting, no federal funding. That's what backed off the city leaders of Berkley. Code Pink(o) foiled again!
Proud Father of a Ranger
TF 51, F Co 51st INF
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Simple Solution

Post by Steadfast »

Lanista wrote:No Uncle Sam in your hood recruiting, no federal funding. That's what backed off the city leaders of Berkley. Code Pink(o) foiled again!
Make the next post not in the intro area (& you better select the correct intro area) you shall be history. Your tempoary title will be permanent.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4

Return to “The Mosh Pit”