Veteran Job Fairs

Turning warriors into productive civilian leaders: Employment & Education, Dealing with Veteran's Administration, etc.

Moderator: Site Admin

PxRanger
Ranger

Veteran Job Fairs

Post by PxRanger »

Veteran Job Fairs are a great way for Vets to meet "Veteran Friendly Employers".

There are a handful of "for profit" companies running them (they typically charge the employer not the veteran). There are also fairs that are being hosted by AmVets and other non-profits. To find them, go to your states website and find their "employment type" agency and search on "job fairs". The two bigger "for profit" ones that I have found are www.military.com and www.recruitmilitary.com

We are at a point in our job market where most Vietnam era veterans are retiring and employers are finding that the "college grad" workforce do not have the same work ethic as previous generations. The company I work for and many others have come to realize that the BEST source of quality workers are veterans. The challege is finding veterans who are looking for work (which is sad since many vets are pounding the streets seeking jobs). This is why I have steered my organization to attend 2-3 Veteran job fairs each month (nationwide) this year.

Once I am verified, I will share my contact information with the Ranger community here.
81-84 NYARNG
84-85 C 2/75 2nd Plt Weapons Squad
85 Pre-Ranger North Fort Lewis
85-86 C 2/75 Supply
86 - Medical Reclassification to leg land
86-87 9th AFSC

"Sometimes you're the bug and sometimes you're the windshield. You just happen to like being the bug, Ranger." ~SSG Paniagua
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

Bump.
PocketKings
Ranger

Post by PocketKings »

I'd be very interested. I'm at this point with my company (I'm VP of OPs) where we NEED to bring in a higher quality individual from the beginning to avoid the nut roll at the end.

Without airing dirty laundry, we've cut loose some pretty shitty folks and have a few more jumper's about to get kicked out the door. I'd rather spend 20 hours finding a good dude than 100 cumulative hours firing a dipshit.

We're trying to establish a line of communication to Fort Campbell (only 60 minutes up the road) to get access to young E-5/6 IN types looking to pick up a good paying job with the chance to enter our apprenticeship program and become a foreman. I'm convinced that this is in our best interest long term.
RS 01-00
82d (1-325 AIR) 99-00
101st (2-502d IN) 00-03

Return to “Post Service Issues”