intro

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

RICAMIC
Embryo

intro

Post by RICAMIC »

hello all my names Richard, im 21 years old from florida and have been interested in the military for quite sometime. heres my delima i tryed to get into the marines when i was 17/18 and i have a cleft lip and pallet and for some reason even with notes from my doctors and so on they would not let me join. then they told me i had to wait a few years before i could try again. well i want to again took my asvab again got a 74. just gotta take my physical again and im scared cause last time i did they told me no. which leads me to my first question have any of you rangers ever seen or heard of anyone getting into the 75th with a birth defect. i dont really see why i got turned down the first time i can do anything anyone else can do i just got a scar on my lip whipdy doo. Anyways enough rambling thanks for having me much respect to all.
scubask
Tadpole

Post by scubask »

1. Read the rules for posting. You, as well as I, are guests on this forum, so follow the rules. If you want to be any sort of an elite soldier, you must display some form of discipline and attention to detail.

2. Write in legible English. It's fucking painful to read and understand. Again, if you want to be a part of any elite team, start displaying that you have what it takes to do it and that you want it. Start by showing that you have graduated high school or have gotten a GED, and that your physical defect is not mental as well, then maybe one of the kind Rangers here will help show you the way.

3. Rangers are more elite than your typical Marines. If you can't get even enlist with the Marines because of your physical condition, I would bet that the Rangers will say no. Special operations forces physicals are a lot more thorough than the basic military physicals. I have never been assigned to 75th Ranger Regiment; someone else more qualified would have to answer this one.
USMA 1996-2000
3/2 ID 2001-2003, 2005
3/1 SFG(A) 2003-2004
OIF 2004
Copperhead
Tadpole

Post by Copperhead »

Welcome to the site Richard.

PM inbound.

-Caleb
"Desire is the key to motivation, but it's determination and commitment to an unrelenting pursuit of your goal - a commitment to excellence - that will enable you to attain the success you seek."
-Mario Andretti
RICAMIC
Embryo

Post by RICAMIC »

I apologize for the sloppy grammar. I guess i should have told you i have a high school diploma. My defect is not mental nor physical its if you ask me a visual. Like i said i can do any and everything anyone else can do. I played baseball for 12 years, football for 6, played basketball and ran track for 3 years. I live at the gym. I'm physically and mentally tough. Everything i do or have ever done i have been or tried to be the best, or in RANGER terms Elite.
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

Welcome. Your interest in becominmg an Army Ranger is appreciated. I believe that with a cleft pallet you will require a medical waiver in order to enlist. Others here may be able to provide more authoritative and complete advice. Be sure to read the ROE PM I have sent you.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

Ranger Bill wrote:Welcome. Your interest in becominmg an Army Ranger is appreciated. I believe that with a cleft pallet you will require a medical waiver in order to enlist. Others here may be able to provide more authoritative and complete advice. Be sure to read the ROE PM I have sent you.
ROE= Rules Of Engagement
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Welcome to the site. You might post your question again in the Recruiting Forum. We have some Rangers who are well versed in recruiting who mederate that forum. Good luck to you.

RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
RICAMIC
Embryo

Post by RICAMIC »

Yes sir RANGER EARTHPIG
RICAMIC
Embryo

Post by RICAMIC »

Apologize for the "sir" Ranger Earthpig
rgrking
Ranger

Post by rgrking »

Welcome to the site!
rgrking

RS2 1995 -1996

Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!" Isaiah 6:8
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

RICAMIC

Post by Steadfast »

Welcome young man.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4