A Respectfull Intro with Info for the Masses.....

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Zenken13

Post by Steadfast »

Welcome "Old Man".

Someone will be along shortly to aid your transition on this site. Some will even tell you joining at your age has been done before.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

Welcome to the site. I would venture to say unless you are in 'world class athlete' shape, I'm not sure a spot in the 75th Ranger Regiment would be the best place for you. I got there when I was 30 years old, 39 seems a bit of a streach.

Certainly Ranger school and Airborne school are do-able at your age, assuming you are in top shape both physically & mentally.

Good luck.
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

Zenken13 wrote:39 seems a bit of a streach.
Roger that good sir and thank you for the direct and honest info. I am advised with vigor and intensity.

I Hear You.

(the more I read, the more I fear....and then I eventually get pissed off and say (in my mellon):

"Screw them guys. I can do this."

Not sure what that means, or why I think it, but there it is....

Either way, cordial regards from the new guy...

Old Man Ken

Spare us the whimsical responses and read the rules.
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
H Co.121(ABN)(LRS)04-PRESENT
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

"The lapdance is always better when the stripper is crying"

The trouble with Scotland is it's full of Scots!
DRM
Paratrooper

Post by DRM »

Welcome to the site. PM inbound.

-DRM
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

Welcome and thanks for your interest in Army Rangers. Be sure to read and heed the ROE PM I have sent you. If your interest is more than symptomatic of a mid-life crisis, you must take measure of yourself to see if you have what it takes to meet Ranger standards. That should start with an honest assessment of your current physical condition. Administer yourself an Army PT test and additionally perform as many chin-ups as you can. Do your two mile run with a stop watch. Do as many sit-ups and push-ups as you can in two minutes and use perfect form. Do the chin-ups all the way up and all the way down. Post your results or not. Just bear in mind that good Ranger standards are 80-plus push-ups and sit-ups, a dozen chin-ups and a run at around 12 minutes. With the results, you will know where you stand and what you have to do, and whether you will do it or not.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
RANGER513
Ranger

Re: A Respectfull Intro with Info for the Masses.....

Post by RANGER513 »

Zenken13 wrote:Hey there Rangers...nice to meet ya...here is my gig:

I'm a 39 year old man with a career that might seem interesting, but is actually boring me to death. (Commercial Photography) Been there done that for 15 years.

To be blunt, I've had a ton of fun, and a ton of heartbreak, but I'm done with the petty nonsense. I'm tired of chasing clients and placating talent that didn't know which 'other left' I meant.

I'm also a guy who was one sig away from joining the Navy Nukes injin' school way back in 86'.

I didn't for various reasons; went to college instead and became a photographer.

It's been a wild ride, but I've always had a tinge of regret for not serving when I was young and dumb enough to go into the navy....;-)

Flash forward to now, the Army lets oldsters in, and I'm seriously considering signing up for 4.

To be blunt: I am a superbored 39 year old man with a career behind him who wants Airborne Ranger and then Sniper school.

Call me crazy but that's what I want.

I don't know why.

I just do.

(respect and input from Those Who Have Served is welcome and hoped for....)

Cheers on all accounts though...

Ken

Ken,

This is NOT something you do on a whim, or just because you are bored. I was 19 and Ranger School smoked my ass.

Sniper School would take you years to obtain. And from Battalion, you must first graduate Ranger School, excell above your peers, and get selected for Sniper School.

Do you want a freshly tabbed out Spec. 4 who is 19 or 20 years old in your face, smoking the living piss out of you ? Could you handle that ?

Not saying that it COULD'NT be done, but 39 ? Perhaps another field of of " excitement " might be better.

Just my .02
C Co 2/75
1986 - 1992
RS Class 9-87

RLTW

" The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena............ "
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

If you're serious and you don't mind pain...Just do it! Only you know what you are capable of and the only limits you'll have are the ones you will create. So short of getting out the pom poms and cheering you on there isn't much we can do but provide information.
Last edited by Silverback on March 1st, 2008, 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

Silverback wrote:If you're serious and you don't mind pain...Just do it! Only you know what you are capable of and the only limits you'll hava are the ones you will create. So short of getting out the pom poms and cheering you on there isn't much we can do but provide information.
This reminds me of something a good friend of mine once said....
''Life is like a NASCAR race, it's only memorable and really interesting if there are a few spectacular wrecks somewhere along the way....'' :twisted:
Copperhead
Tadpole

Post by Copperhead »

Welcome to the site Ken.

PM inbound regarding avatar SOP.

-Caleb
"Desire is the key to motivation, but it's determination and commitment to an unrelenting pursuit of your goal - a commitment to excellence - that will enable you to attain the success you seek."
-Mario Andretti
Cobrahood
US Army

Post by Cobrahood »

Zenken welcome to the site,

So your considering joining the army? Thats a great thing to hear these days especially with all the Iraq/Bush bashing thats been going around on the media. Anyway, its never too early to start a solid PT regiment. Increasing your PT score will make TRADOC (Basic, Ait, etc...) that much easier. If you dont already do PT at minimum 5 days a week its never too late to start, even if your just thinking about joining. If you need help conjuring up a solid PT schedule I will be more than happy to help you out. My PT score was absolute garbage when I came in, but a little determination will go a long way. Now im in the 280, 290's which isnt that great still since most of these Rangers are probably 300+ on the extended scale. Anyway if you need help with a PT schedule let me know I'll be more than happy to help! Other then that Good luck Zenken and welcome again!
Airborne Date: 2008-04-25 --- 2008-05-16
RIP Date: 2008-05-27 --- 2008-06-27

Return to “Introduction Archive”