Airborne Qualification (Right section I think?) update

Ground Week, Tower Week, Jump Week.
SupplyRanger
Ranger

Re: Airborne Qualification (Right section I think?)

Post by SupplyRanger »

andok wrote:I'm not sure if these qualifications are for everyone but we have to run 5 miles and do a hang, I'm not sure exactly how long.
-Patrick
What the hell is a hang and what does that have to do with going to Airborne school? Dude your going to Airborne school not SFAS or some type of SMU selection. I suggest you find out what the requirements are for you to attend and concentrate on maxing each event to get yourself a slot. Running 5 miles is a joke in Airborne school. It is so slow that no shit my 9yr old boy can run it and not have issues. If your not use to running long distances, don't over do it. Run 3 to 5 miles every other day until you get use running. Practice pull ups and dips so your able to pull a slip with no issues. To help you get a feel for what its like to land, go outside your house and backoff from it about 8ft and then run as fast as you can into the wall.
You atleast need to be able to lift your own body weight. If you cant score 70% on the Army's APFT dont even bother trying to go to Airborne school because your just going to embarrass yourself Day 1 at the PT test. Good luck dude.
Ranger School CL# 04-05
SupplyRanger
Ranger

Post by SupplyRanger »

Continue to work on that run time. Run the same pace you did today again in about 1 day to get your body back use to running. Slowly increase the distance and focus on keeping the same pace. Don't worry about running fast just maintain pace. Once your body gets use to running again, you'll crush that 5 miler. Long distances, slow/medium pace.
With you coming in the military as an Officer, it should be rather easy for you to get Abn if you dont get it while in ROTC. Don't sweat it if you dont get it. Go for your bull winkle badge worst case.
Good luck,
SR
Ranger School CL# 04-05
SupplyRanger
Ranger

Post by SupplyRanger »

andok wrote:
SupplyRanger wrote:Continue to work on that run time. Run the same pace you did today again in about 1 day to get your body back use to running.
Ranger SupplyRanger, in 1 day are you saying tomorrow night or take tomorrow off and do it again? Thanks
instead of running on Wed hit the gym and get on the elliptical. Your next run day is Thursday. Google some cardio work outs and try some of them out an see how they work for you.
Ranger School CL# 04-05
SupplyRanger
Ranger

Post by SupplyRanger »

JLTW!!! wrote:Awwwwwww.....posting drunk is STUPID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You ducking alcoholic :lol: :lol:
Ranger School CL# 04-05
SupplyRanger
Ranger

Post by SupplyRanger »

take tomorrow off and pick back up on saturday. did you find some other cardio workouts online?
Ranger School CL# 04-05

Return to “About Airborne School”