Volunteering for R.I.P.

Eight weeks of smoke, training & evaluation.
Solidarius
Embryo

Volunteering for R.I.P.

Post by Solidarius »

Hello, everyone.

I'm about to start BAC (it starts tomorrow actually, after a nice 96 hour weekend) and would like to volunteer for R.I.P. I was just wondering how likely I would be to get it (my PMOS is 68W1O, I'm an E-2, and have a GT of 129). Also, I was wondering where the Ranger Liason was located?

PV2 deleted
Sleepy Doc
Ranger

Post by Sleepy Doc »

The Regiment is always short of certain critical MOS, medic being one. Suffice it to say, they will jump through hoops of flaming ass-crack to get you. The trick is, YOU are the one who has to make it there... and don't tell me " Roger Dodger, Ranger Sleepy Doc, Sir!.. They couldn't make my dead and rotting corps Quit...yada yada yada..." Just do it, OK?..

Since I've been a member I've personally mentored about 5 medic types.As far as I know, Not one has made it to Battalion, so I am skeptical..

Oh well sucks for them, they have no Idea how good medics have it in Battalion..
Last edited by Sleepy Doc on January 22nd, 2008, 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
B Co 3/75 '95-'99
4th RTB '00-'01

"ahh, Daniel-san.. When balance good, Karate good...everything good!.." K. Miyagi
Solidarius
Embryo

Post by Solidarius »

Yeah, I hear there's only a 52% pass rate for medics who attend rip, but I've thought about it for a while and I'm going to give it a go. Any idea who I have to talk to about volunteering?

Oh, and how hard is SOCM? I hear it's college level... is that about an accurate estimate?

PV2 deleted
Sleepy Doc
Ranger

Post by Sleepy Doc »

I would say a more accurate statement is 52% of the medics who attend RIP decide not to voluntarily withdraw.

Look, RIP is a gut check. That's all. Yes, it's a 3 week kick in the ass gut check, but they just want to know if you can keep up with everybody when you get to Battalion. Once you are in Batt you will do shit that makes RIP look like boy scout camp and think it was the easiest 3 weeks you ever had. If you want to succeed in RIP and Batt in general you have to be an absolute, fucking PT stud. If you score 280 on your test, you will just be scraping by.

As far as SOCM? I never went so you will have to ask someone who did. I do know this however; Some really dumb motherfuckers have graduated. All medical training in the Army is sequential and meant to be built on itself. They won't expect you to be a neuro-surgeon on arrival. If you go there expecting to party and try and nail jump qualified chicks, chances are you will fail. Go, concentrate on your studies and keep the parting to a minimum and I'll bet my next paycheck that you finish. The training is designed to take a non-medical MOS and make him a Trauma God, so if you are already a medic you have a leg up.

To volunteer in Airborne, usually you will have a briefing with the Ranger Rep for those on OPT 40 and those like yourself. It should be like in the 2nd or 3rd week. Seriously, if you are marginal at PT, you had better get religion quick fast. Push comes to shove, on your weekend off just mosey on down to the RIP barracks and ask to talk to the Senior Medic. Tell him you want to volunteer and the they cant stop you from trying anyway. That should get your push ups ready...
B Co 3/75 '95-'99
4th RTB '00-'01

"ahh, Daniel-san.. When balance good, Karate good...everything good!.." K. Miyagi
Sleepy Doc
Ranger

Post by Sleepy Doc »

Oh yeah, almost forgot......

Go post a fucking intro and MIND PERSEC!..
B Co 3/75 '95-'99
4th RTB '00-'01

Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Solidarius

Post by Steadfast »

Solidarius,

Would you be so kind and post an introduction as is SOP (Standard Operating Procedure) on this site. In the proper Intro area & please do read all FAQ's & sticky's of each forum you visit. Failure to follow my instuction can be detrimental to you. You are already treading on thin ice.

This topic is locked until you make an intro . Oh and Solidarius
- PM (private Message) me the new name you want.

ADMIN NOTE: Topic re-opened, intro made.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Solidarius
Embryo

Post by Solidarius »

So, I wasn't able to get a RIP slot due to being misinformed about a Ranger brief that I would have had to go do (I was told it was a day after it actually was).... So I'm off to the 82d...

Does anyone know how long I have to be at my unit before I can request a transfer... or what I have to do to get to RIP/Ranger Regiment from a unit?

Thank you much,
Solidarius.
MORTARWILD
Inprocessing

Post by MORTARWILD »

Solidarius,

Are you in Bravo Co. You missed the the brief down there in the dayroom/classroom the other day?

What makes you think you had to go to the brief to get the slot, did you go see the Ranger at the Liaison Office, or are you just going off of what some guy told you?
EvilCouch
Ranger

Post by EvilCouch »

Infantry_Soldier wrote:Solidarius,

Are you in Bravo Co. You missed the the brief down there in the dayroom/classroom the other day?

What makes you think you had to go to the brief to get the slot, did you go see the Ranger at the Liaison Office, or are you just going off of what some guy told you?
If a private ever begins a sentence with, "They said," odds are they're wrong. Get the info straight from the liaison.
Clueless Joe(Sand hill): May 98 - May 99
Tabless Bitch (Bco 3/75): May 99 - May 01
REMF (11th Regt): May 01 - Feb 04
Leg Team/Squad leader (HHC 1-503, 2ID, OIF): Feb 04 - Dec 05
World's worst webcomic
Sleepy Doc
Ranger

Post by Sleepy Doc »

Dude, If you really wanna go, show up on the day of graduation and tell the NCO from Regiment the your orders are fucked up and you are supposed to be going to RIP..

They can cut you orders the same day. Try it. You got nothing to loose.

You don't have hair one on your ass if you don't... :wink:

(just make sure you are zen with the push-ups first.. )
B Co 3/75 '95-'99
4th RTB '00-'01

MORTARWILD
Inprocessing

Post by MORTARWILD »

EvilCouch wrote:
Infantry_Soldier wrote:Solidarius,

If a private ever begins a sentence with, "They said," odds are they're wrong. Get the info straight from the liaison.
Ranger EvilCouch,

This is why I want Solidarius to get his ass on these boards, and check this topic. I will go to the Office with him and talk to the Ranger in person with him. So many rumors are flying around this Batalion, it is crazy. The day we got down here at Airborne, the Ranger came out and said, "Anybody who wants to do great things, come and see me, except 11bravo, I don't want to see any 11bravo over here."

Then the Black Hats come out every other day and say, "Any 88 series, 92 series, and some other MOS (can't remember right now) that want to go to RIP, go see the Liaison this week.

I am sure if he goes down there before Friday he can get RIP. I mean they want 88 series and 92 series, they should want to take 68 series as well.

Or he can do what Ranger The Sleepy Doc suggested. I was out and about earlier today and saw them picking up Charlie company for RIP. They were yelling and screaming at the Privates to fix the formation. I got fired up and wished I was over there.

edit: spelling
Solidarius
Embryo

Post by Solidarius »

Hello, everyone.

My main problem is that the Ranger liaison is at Fort Gordon on TDY (I've had an email conversation with him), so I don't think there is anyone at the patches building to talk to...

Soldarius.
Solidarius
Embryo

Post by Solidarius »

We completed our last jump yesturday, and had our graduation. And then I tried the whole " I'm really supposed to be going to RIP " thing... It didn't work so well, and i ended up on a bus to Ft. Bragg. Suprisingly I didn't have to do any push ups, or squat jumpers, and my boots didn't even get a beating. Nine hours later I'm here and eating at a really fancy DeFac, but I'm quite disappointed I didn't get RIP.

Does anyone know about getting to regiment -after- airborne?

Solidarius.
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

Put in a change of duty assignment request. A '4187' I think they call it. Or try to pick it up as a re-enlistment option next time around.

Or..... if you have big brass balls, you can chain yourself to the fence outside one of the Ranger compounds and tell them you are not leaving until they let you in...... :twisted: :lol:

Return to “About RASP”