Arizona bracing for toughest anti-illegal legislation in USA

News posted by members of this site. If you want to publish your own article or have something of value for the front page please indicate it as such.
Before posting make sure it hasn't already been posted. Write a concise and pertinent intro if you are going to post here.

Moderator: Site Admin

Forum rules
Check for duplicates before posting, otherwise post it in the original thread. If you want to post an article of your own or find it significant for the front page please let us know. Rangers Lead the Way
RTO
BANNED

Arizona bracing for toughest anti-illegal legislation in USA

Post by RTO »

PHOENIX, Arizona (AFP) - New laws targeting employers who hire illegal immigrants take effect here on January 1, with experts predicting the move may cost the state's economy billions of dollars in lost income and taxes.

The new laws are described as the toughest local anti-illegal immigration legislation in the United States, and will sanction businesses who knowingly hire undocumented workers.

Any employer who falls foul of the law will see their business license suspended for 10 days for a first offense; a second infraction will see the license permanently revoked.

Full Story Here....
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Not a very well researched article.

There are many states with laws on their books that are never enforced. It will be interesting to see if Arizona has the political will to begin aggressive enforcement of this new law.

The main thing is that if they do begin aggressive enforcement - and although the article did mention that state officials were the ones who created the law as opposed to an initiative by voters - they will create a playing field that is not level where businesses in states without such laws will enjoy lower labor costs than Arizona. Another issue not covered by the article is no mention on who is responsible for enforcing this new law.

Given the size of Arizona relative to other states, it would be more meaningful if this law was created in California instead.
Rett
US Army

Post by Rett »

I think the laws should start further north. Illegal immigrants that actually make it dont stick around the border states long, it should start somewhere else.
"Excellence is a habit, which develops through discipline."

25th ID (Stryker) - HHC 3/21 IN
Horned Toad
Ranger

Post by Horned Toad »

Rett wrote:I think the laws should start further north. Illegal immigrants that actually make it dont stick around the border states long, it should start somewhere else.
Well being that this is a state law becuase the Fed wont hold up thier end, them northern states will have to pass thier own laws.
75th RGR RGT 91-94
RS 03-92
BruteForce
US Army Veteran

Post by BruteForce »

monsterhunter wrote:
Rett wrote:I think the laws should start further north. Illegal immigrants that actually make it dont stick around the border states long, it should start somewhere else.
I'm not sure about that. Here in the People's Republic of Kalifornia, we're up to our eyeballs in them.
That was the predominant reason we only survived in CA for 1 year (Monterrey (central/coastal CA) area. Just going to Target was proving to be a linguistic challenge. Additionally, the only restaurants in my immediate area were all Mexican, save for one Sushi place and a high-end place in Watsonville.

My youngest son went to a private Elementary school, and my oldest to the public Elementary. We were suprised when we attended the first school event and with 500 families present, they had to bring a Spanish to English translator just for us! :evil: WTF!
:evil: :evil:

Few subjects get me fired-up more than the subject of illegal's living in the US, sloughing away on our taxes, diluting the American way-of-life, and not returning anything back to our country save for cheap low-end labor! Meanwhile, Johny US Citizen enlists for his (or her) country, pays taxes, develops culture and participates in things American, while these illegals just leach off us! :evil:
US Army 1986 - 1994
InfoSec/InfraGard/NetGuard (1994 - Present)
Random world and Adventures of BruteForce

Return to “The News Dump”