This may be a odd request.

No Snivel Zone. PT - Pushups, Flutterkicks, Running, Roadmarching.
Want to be
US Army

This may be a odd request.

Post by Want to be »

Are there any rangers in the Southern California /Inland Empire area that may have time to smoke the shit out of me in January before I leave for OSUT January 30th? I am putting in my 2 week notice at my job a few weeks early (last day of work will be January 10th) so I can train as hard as possible before I ship. I don't mind working around your schedule or driving to your location if you don't mind yelling at me and smoking the shit out of me with exercises I am going to be doing in training. I am a little short on cash these days but I will supply you with a 12 pack of your choice per session. If this post is out of line I apologize.
RRDTm3
Ranger

Post by RRDTm3 »

there is a God in heaven!
A co 3/75
RRD
RIP/PRC
Ranger Instructor 4th RTB
H co LRS
WTC
MUTC
#8-91

"I will never out rank stupid people"

Mentor to Myself
GSXRanger
Ranger

Post by GSXRanger »

I admire your motivation... very much.

Please keep us posted on your progress... along with your run times, push ups, sit ups, etc...

Your weakest point will always be your own mind. If you keep your mindset strong, your body will surprise you.

Again, I admire your motivation.
RS 08-91
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
BadMuther
BANNED

Re: This may be a odd request.

Post by BadMuther »

Want to be wrote:Are there any rangers in the Southern California /Inland Empire area that may have time to smoke the shit out of me in January before I leave for OSUT January 30th? I am putting in my 2 week notice at my job a few weeks early (last day of work will be January 10th) so I can train as hard as possible before I ship. I don't mind working around your schedule or driving to your location if you don't mind yelling at me and smoking the shit out of me with exercises I am going to be doing in training. I am a little short on cash these days but I will supply you with a 12 pack of your choice per session. If this post is out of line I apologize.

Where in Riverside?

Your choice....

Run down the 15 to Railroad Canyon exit.....or crosscountry to Tuscany Hills/Canyon Lake area......

either one guaranteed to smoke your balls!!!
rgrking
Ranger

Post by rgrking »

Want to be wrote:Are there any rangers in the Southern California /Inland Empire area that may have time to smoke the shit out of me in January before I leave for OSUT January 30th? I am putting in my 2 week notice at my job a few weeks early (last day of work will be January 10th) so I can train as hard as possible before I ship. I don't mind working around your schedule or driving to your location if you don't mind yelling at me and smoking the shit out of me with exercises I am going to be doing in training. I am a little short on cash these days but I will supply you with a 12 pack of your choice per session. If this post is out of line I apologize.

There is a God!!!!
rgrking

RS2 1995 -1996

Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!" Isaiah 6:8
Want to be
US Army

Post by Want to be »

Ranger Copperhead I am doing corrective push-ups right this second!! Rangers I sincerely apologize for not capitalizing your Profession and this lapse in detail will never happen again.

Ranger JLTW!!!
45 correct push-ups
45 sit-ups (without someone holding my feet)
15:12 2-mile run
[/b]
Want to be
US Army

Post by Want to be »

Ranger BadMuther I live in Canyon Crest near UCR.
Copperhead
Tadpole

Post by Copperhead »

Want to be wrote:Ranger Copperhead I am doing corrective push-ups right this second!! Rangers I sincerely apologize for not capitalizing your Profession and this lapse in detail will never happen again.
Richard,

I am not a Ranger, just a DEP. My PM was a reminder to always capitalize "Ranger", I wasn't claiming to be one. Good luck with your PT.

-Caleb
"Desire is the key to motivation, but it's determination and commitment to an unrelenting pursuit of your goal - a commitment to excellence - that will enable you to attain the success you seek."
-Mario Andretti
Want to be
US Army

Post by Want to be »

Roger that Copperhead. I will be sure to click on the user from now on after reading a PM to be clear on who is MSGing me.
Black 6
Ranger

Post by Black 6 »

This sounds right up Dis's alley..... Speaking of which, what ever became of his sugar daddy?
2/75 Blacksheep 92-93, 1/9 93-94
1759 society member

"You will know me by the scars I bear.
You will know me by the hate I swear."-OTEP

01010011 01110000 01100001 01110010 01110100 01100001 01101110 00101111 01001000 01100101 01110010 01101111 00101110
Ranger Ron
Ranger/LRRP/Admin

Post by Ranger Ron »

I sure appreciate you desire to be successful. Can't do too much PT and remember, NEVER QUIT!

Good Luck.
SUA SPONTE - "We few, we happy few, we BAND OF BROTHERS;
for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother!"
- Shakespeare

RLTW! - Land of the Free BECAUSE of the Brave

RS 3-70
SSG VN 69-70
I Co., 75th. Inf.
4/9 Inf., 25th ID

Mentored Ranger kozzman555
http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 183
http://www.ranger.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 3537
GoldCoast
Ranger/Matchmaker

Post by GoldCoast »

:shock: Too good to be true. I sense an ambush. This must be like one of those Craigslist ads where you respond in person and get gang raped by a group of x-cons. (True story - this happened recently in my area)
HHC 2/75 (1998- 2000)

Duty a mountain; Death a feather.

One of these days I'll start off slow...
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

A huge percent of getting smoked is not simply physical, it's in the brain.

Let me give you an example. You may be in the pit of dispair lying on your back doing 4 count flutter kicks. Maybe normally you are used to doing 50. 1,2,3 ONE. 1,2,3, TWO. 1,2,3, THREE. 1,2,3, FOUR etc....

One day the instructor goes beyond 50. So your brain starts calculating. ok..... you say to yourself, we are going to 100.

But then what happens when you hear 1,2,3 one hundred..... 1,2,3 hundred &one, 1,2,3 hundred &two, 1,2,3 hundred &three, 1,2,3, hundred& four etc...... ?

You will look all around and hear groans and feet collapsing and hitting the dirt. Why? They picked a number. They were all saying to themselves 'I can make it to 100'

Trust me, the number of pushups, flutter kicks etc... you do and miles you run may be far greater than you can imagine right now. Don't think to yourself (for example) a scheduled 5mile run they will stop at a certain number. Maybe it will, maybe it won't. Who cares? Keep yourself in the game even if the tasks, conditions and standards change on the fly.

Open your mind now to the possibility that you may be running (or pushing) forever :twisted: and you will be waaaaaaay ahead of your peers who simply stop when it gets too uncomfortable.

Your mind is an amazing machine that can take your body far, far beyond what your body can do of it's own accord.

Tell yourself now that you can handle anything they can throw at you and never, never quit and in a few months you will be back here with your shit.

Make your own luck and make it happen.
beckj
Embryo

Thank you

Post by beckj »

Thank you for that insight Ranger RTO. I don't I have ever thought of it in those terms. Great drive-on motivation.

Return to “About Army Physical Training”