Custer SD In January

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

The Old Guy
Ranger

Custer SD In January

Post by The Old Guy »

We are moving across country, the middle of January 2008. We are leaving the Seattle, WA area and riding down I-90 towards the South Bend, IN. area. We wish to stop in Custer, S.D. and visit Mt. Rushmore and the Crazy Horse monuments; but finding it difficult to locate a hotel open in the area. It appears as though most hotels close during the winter and our options slim, either the "Super 8" and "Days Inn" in Custer.

Wherever we go, it must be LARGE truck friendly, have diesel fuel (I will be driving my truck and it is 22’ long), pulling my wife’s car on a 20' trailer and pet friendly.

Does anyone have experience with this area, the mentioned hotels, or sights to see in town? My wife believes that Custer, SD is a “hole in the wallâ€
The way in which a man accepts his fate and all the suffering it entails, the way in which he takes up his cross, gives him ample opportunity – even under the most difficult circumstances – to add a deeper meaning to his life.

Viktor E. Frankl
Vee
Ranger

Post by Vee »

PM inbound.
RSD 96-99
Bravo57
Ranger

Post by Bravo57 »

No, but when you get close to Chicago, you better give me a call. There are a couple of us out this way who would love to feed you and tell you lies and listen to you lie!!!!

I'm on the roster, If you need info, PM me.

Looking forward to meeting you.
B Co. FIST 3/75 Rgr Rgt.
1991-2000
RS 9-92
Task Force Ranger 1993

For those who fight for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

If you make a wrong turn during the night and somehow end up in Las Vegas, ( hint, hint, hint )
I'll leave the light on for ya....

Return to “The Mosh Pit”