Introduction

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

HellOrHighWater
Embryo

Introduction

Post by HellOrHighWater »

Hello Rangers, my name is Drew and I'm a 23 year old 'Ranger wanna be'. And I want to be a Ranger so bad it keeps me up for sometimes hours every night just thinking about it. I have a massive amount of respect for what you guys do, as well as anyone who voluntarily serves our country. But you guys take it to a whole different level, and either keep it there or keep it goin' on up. The level of exellence, the intensity, the dedication, loyalty, accountability and seemingly limit-less ability Rangers provide to the countries defenses, and one another, is something I feel naturally attracted to. This is something I want for myself, to be a part of, in the worst way, more than anything I've ever wanted for myself so far in my crummy, meaningless, 23 years of almost alienated exhistence.
I live with my grandparents and brother and feel it is time for me to go my own way. When it comes to family, mine specifically, I love them all very much but always felt very different than them. Sometimes even wondering if I was adopted and lied to about it, although I know better. I'm constantly surrounded by mostly self-serving, money-oriented, and highly stressed people who project these same feelings on me. For my whole life, even before my father got sick of his parental responsibilities, I've been fighting off these feelings regularly until I am exhaust both mentally and physically, till I am 'blue in the face'. It has been hard to stay level headed, to keep my head above water, but I've managed and taught myself mostly everything I know and follow, morally, spiritually, and even my day-to-day living, the little things.
I want to be a part of something real, something way bigger than myself, something honest, respectable, and meaningful. As a kid I was always in awe of Navy Seals, Army Rangers, Delta Force, and any elite group of soldiers who put their lives on the lines to defend the U.S. and our way of life, our freedom. Those were my heroes, some have Superman, Batman, Wolverine or the A-Team, I had Seals and Rangers, and I want nothing more than to join their ranks. Even if I never do make it to be with the greatest of them all, I will gladly bust my ass trying, and bust my ass some more. I follow the 'shoot for the stars' theory.
Right now the path I am on has led me here, I have been talking with my recruiter for weeks and have just taken my ASVAB 2 weeks ago. I want to enlist 11Bravo and am working my recruiter for the Option40 in my contract. Thanks for making the site and allowing DEPS/potential DEPS to post(however little I plan on doing so). I have read all forum rules and regulations, for all forums, not just the introduction forum as I have been browsing for a little over 2 weeks. Thanks in advance for reading and replying.
rgrking
Ranger

Post by rgrking »

Welcome to the site and I hope you make some good decisions in getting ahead in life. I'm sure one of the other guys will send you a welcome pm and get you rolling to a career in the military. Remember you won't get that option 40 unless you keep on asking and don't take anything less.
rgrking

RS2 1995 -1996

Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!" Isaiah 6:8
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

ROE PM inbound.

Welcome to ArmyRanger.com
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

Welcome and thank you for your desire to serve as an Army Ranger. Make it happen. What are your current PT scores please? Post your results here.
GSXRanger
Ranger

Post by GSXRanger »

Welcome Youngster. You have found the right place for information. There are some very squared away Rangers on this site.

Now, how about your PT results?

Oh, and there is a thing called PARAGRAPHS... it makes reading long introductions a bit easier on the eyes.

Good intro though.

Again, Welcome. Someone will be along shortly to square you away.
RS 08-91
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Charlie 51
Ranger

Post by Charlie 51 »

Many of us here were in your shoes at one point. There are no Supermen, Batmen or Wolverines in this place. We had the same heros as you and wanted the same things.

There is a long road ahead, but if YOU want it bad enough, and given a little luck, you will get what you want.

Train hard, PT your ass off, stay out of trouble and you may realize your dreams one day. It's up to you...

Good Luck
C Co 2/75 Weapons
Classes 4-5/93

"Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there" - Will Rogers
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

Welcome and thanks for your desire to enlist and become an Army Ranger. You can get all the help you need to reach your goals from the members of this site, but you must adhere to the rules and put forth the effort required of you.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
Ranger Ron
Ranger/LRRP/Admin

Post by Ranger Ron »

Welcome and thanks for your desire to serve as an Army Ranger. If you will look, listen and pay attention to details, you can gain a great deal from this site. Just never quit!
SUA SPONTE - "We few, we happy few, we BAND OF BROTHERS;
for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother!"
- Shakespeare

RLTW! - Land of the Free BECAUSE of the Brave

RS 3-70
SSG VN 69-70
I Co., 75th. Inf.
4/9 Inf., 25th ID

Mentored Ranger kozzman555
http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 183
http://www.ranger.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 3537
HellOrHighWater
Embryo

Post by HellOrHighWater »

Roger that Rangers, and Rangers GSXRanger, had I realized it looked like one big paragraph I would've made more of an effort to put spaces between the different paragraphs. Hitting the 'Return' button once was not enough, thanks for getting thru that mess and reading it all.

PT Scores: 2 minute times
Push-Ups = 58 (I get to muscle failure before I get to two minutes)
Sit-ups = 64
Two-Mile = 14:50 (I have not run 2 miles yet to test my PT, I came to this figure because my mile time is about 7:15, I added an extra 20 seconds to the second mile for fatigue)

Im not a great runner, but Im decent, I think my times will improve drastically as I ran this mile a few days ago, the first day I had quit smoking cigarettes. I do push-ups on the regular, and found a nice routine on this website that includes diamonds, regs, and wides.
I don't normally do sit-ups as exercise, I have other routines for my core training, but will be doing them more now.
rgrking
Ranger

Post by rgrking »

You need to RUN RUN RUN. 14:5 isn't going to cut it. Especially if you haven't ran the full 2 miles.
rgrking

RS2 1995 -1996

Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!" Isaiah 6:8
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

HellOrHighWater wrote:Roger that Rangers, and Rangers GSXRanger, had I realized it looked like one big paragraph I would've made more of an effort to put spaces between the different paragraphs. Hitting the 'Return' button once was not enough, thanks for getting thru that mess and reading it all.

Sit-ups = 64
Two-Mile = 14:50 (I have not run 2 miles yet to test my PT, I came to this figure because my mile time is about 7:15, I added an extra 20 seconds to the second mile for fatigue)

Im not a great runner, but Im decent, I think my times will improve drastically as I ran this mile a few days ago, the first day I had quit smoking cigarettes. I do push-ups on the regular, and found a nice routine on this website that includes diamonds, regs, and wides.
I don't normally do sit-ups as exercise, I have other routines for my core training, but will be doing them more now.
You display all the tell-tale characteristics of a complete fucking wanker.
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
H Co.121(ABN)(LRS)04-PRESENT
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

"The lapdance is always better when the stripper is crying"

The trouble with Scotland is it's full of Scots!
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

Why didn't you just stop at 25 push-ups and guess how many you would've done too?
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
GSXRanger
Ranger

Post by GSXRanger »

HellOrHighWater wrote:Roger that Rangers, and Rangers GSXRanger, had I realized it looked like one big paragraph I would've made more of an effort to put spaces between the different paragraphs. Hitting the 'Return' button once was not enough, thanks for getting thru that mess and reading it all.

Sit-ups = 64

Did I ask you for a fucking excuse? I just mentioned the paragraph thing to make reading your dribble more easy on the eyes.
RS 08-91
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
GSXRanger
Ranger

Post by GSXRanger »

JLTW!!! wrote:Give the guy a break, he probably has a 128 GT score :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Perfect for "Delta Force"... fucking Mall Ninjas. They are EVERYWHERE!!!! 8)
RS 08-91
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Return to “Introduction Archive”