Introduction

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

inter06
Tadpole

Introduction

Post by inter06 »

Hello, my name is Kyle, I am 24 years old and I will be earning my BA in criminology in May 08. As of yesterday I am a DEP with 11x/option 40.
The members of this site have provided tons of information for me over the past few months and I look forward to learning more. Thank you.
42L5V
Ranger

Post by 42L5V »

Welcome.

Post your PT scores, and what you expect to gain from this board. Then post what you expect to be your part in giving back, instead of freeloading.
MSG, U.S. Army, 1987-2007
RSClass 10-92
Invictus
Ranger

Post by Invictus »

First, congrats on securing an Opt 40 contract. Don't let it go to waste.

Read the stickies.
Post your PT scores
What's your ship date?
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

Welcome and congratulations for enlisting to become an Army Ranger.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
inter06
Tadpole

Post by inter06 »

Thank you all for your replies.
I don't know why I did not post my PT.

PU: 65
SU: 54
2 mile: 13:40
I expect these scores right before I ship.
PU: 95
SU: 80
2 mile: 11:00

Ranger 42L5V,
If I would of went to MEPS without utilizing this site then I would of probably just signed for 11b not knowing that getting a bid to airborne and RIP would be very improbable later on. The motivation and the wealth of knowledge that you Rangers provide is the number one thing I expect from this board. I hope I can use this as a starting place and continue everyday to progress and then someday I will be able to pass on what has been passed on to me.
Thank you.
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

inter06

Post by Steadfast »

Welcome
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

Welcome and thanks for your desire to serve our great country as an Army Ranger. Congratulations on securing your option40.
Invictus
Ranger

Post by Invictus »

inter06 wrote:Thank you all for your replies.
I don't know why I did not post my PT.

PU: 65
SU: 54
2 mile: 13:40
I expect these scores right before I ship.
PU: 95
SU: 80
2 mile: 11:00

Ranger 42L5V,
If I would of went to MEPS without utilizing this site then I would of probably just signed for 11b not knowing that getting a bid to airborne and RIP would be very improbable later on. The motivation and the wealth of knowledge that you Rangers provide is the number one thing I expect from this board. I hope I can use this as a starting place and continue everyday to progress and then someday I will be able to pass on what has been passed on to me.
Thank you.
How long have you been working out to achieve your current PT scores? How do you intend to hit your target numbers?
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Welcome, and good luck to you.

RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Kyle, A man has only one opportunity to make a favorable initial impression. You are mediocre at best. Please tell us where you are attending school, and why you want to join us? If you truly want to serve in the 75th Ranger Regiment, you are at the right site. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
inter06
Tadpole

Post by inter06 »

Ranger Invictus,

I have always been sort of a gym rat, but I mostly started to gain and grow more muscle and strength just this year. Starting in March I regularly lifted 4 times a week and probably gained 15-20lbs. in 2 months which put me at 205-210. Around this time I did cardio, but not as much as I needed. I noticed when I did a good 2 or 3 miles I was alot slower then years back when I could run a 12:00-30 2 mile. So over much of the summer I focused a bit more on cardio, pushups, situps, pullups, chinups, and less on growing bulk muscle. Also, for some reason I enjoy a good tree climb. My pushups progressed tremendously and if I would of stuck with my summer workouts during the start of the school year I know I could do around 75-85 perfect pushups in 2 minutes today. My running and situps are my main issue at the moment, but time is on my side. I primarily do chinups(16 the most) and those I have found are the toughest to gain improvement on.
To reach my target numbers I am still going to mix in a 3 day a week lifting schedule. I found that the bench press and doing barbell military presses made doing alot of pushups easier.
Every week I try to mix in bike riding and some calisthenics with my runs. I ordered a large Alice pack the other day to get familiar with rucking long distances.
Overall, I need to get alot better with situps and cardio. My running is okay, but I get too fatigued after.
inter06
Tadpole

Post by inter06 »

Ranger Jim,

I have been attending the University of Oklahoma since spring 2005. When I graduated high school I had no knowledge of the military let alone Army Rangers or any other Special Operations stuff. My first semester in college is when 9-11 occurred. Oddly, I starting taking a interest in the military when Rumsfeld and Gen. Myers were delivering there daily reports in late 2001. Early on I knew the Army was the branch that offered the best and most opportunities. And ever since I have been set on joining after college. I was an inch away from doing ROTC and that abruptly changed when I read up on SOF. While educating myself on the military I instantly took a liking to Special Operations. I always tried to imagine what SOF dudes were like and what popped in my head was smart, athletic, tough as hell, and always up for a challenge. These attributes I tend to associate with myself. Everyday, that goes by I see that these attributes tend to be a rarity in civilian life. Now that I have signed my family with the exception of my father does not understand what I am trying to do. No matter how I explain it they don't follow. A majority belong in the civilian world and few belong in military training and combat so to speak.
From what I have learned thus far, the Rangers are a place I need to be.

Return to “Introduction Archive”