MRE how to's

Racks, Helmets, Cold Weather Gear
Ndog275
Ranger

MRE how to's

Post by Ndog275 »

I had an afternoon and evening of regression on my little hippie island. I rodent fortinicated the MRE's.

Mash up that granola bar dump it into the peaches with some sugar and a little water. Heat and you got a peach cobbler 8)
Last edited by Ndog275 on August 25th, 2007, 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A 1/75 93-97
B&HHC 2/75 97-99
RS 3,4&5-95

This mighty soldier on the eve of the war he waged
Told his troops of lessons learned from battles fought.
"May your heart grow bolder like an iron-clad brigade"
Said this leader to his outnumbered lot.

www.75thrra.com
www.tacticaltailor.com
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

I used to love eating the old pork patties dry with cheese spread and tabasco sauce! 8)
Hoover
Ranger

Post by Hoover »

little hippie island.....I used to live on one of em' too..
2/75 C Co. 81-84
Ranger Class 14-82
"Cry Havoc Let Slip The Dogs of War"
1st SPWAR Tng Bn (Abn) USAJFKSWCS 87'
RLTW !
Mentor to J.P. Deepwater
RIP Class 02-07
Ranger Class 09-07
screescrambler
USMC Veteran

MRE how-to: questions ...

Post by screescrambler »

been awhile since i had MREs on a regular basis ... 20 yrs plus, i was in when they first came out. we were very suspicious at first and called them 'mister Es' [ie mysteries].
i scrounged a couple in the bazaar, on a [civilian] visit to afghanistan last year ... but not enough to satisfy my curiosity.
is there still a packet of very potent instant coffee in EVERY meal's condiment pouch? how about hot chocolate powder? everyone used to mix the coffee, creamer & chocolate powder for breakfast 'mocha.' i assume they probably still do.
i recall the dried pork patties RTO mentioned ... do they no longer make 'em? his serving suggestion is about the best i've heard, but can't say they'd be missed much.
are the fruits still freeze dried? i LOVED those, never bothered to reconstitute 'em, just munched like candy. melted in yer mouth ...
and what are the most popular entrees these days?
"What the f*** is wrong with you, Private? Do you have a sucking head wound?" - Senior drill instructor, Platoon 1036, MCRD Parris Island, June 1979

USMC reserve 1979-82
USMC 1982-85
Oto-Man
Ranger

Post by Oto-Man »

RTO wrote:I used to love eating the old pork patties dry with cheese spread and tabasco sauce! 8)
You are a sick little fuck...no really....The pork patty was the WORST MRE ever invented....I wish I'd a known back then that you loved 'em so much...we would have traded a lot of chow...I used to trade those out 2 for 1...."I'll give you the pork shit and any other meal I have for...your cookie bar."

Meatballs with bar b que sauce, creamer packet, sugar, crackers and tobasco....yumbo...I could still eat that up.....once or maybe twice a year...
B Co 2/75 (WEBCO)
1988-1990
RS Class 1-90
Hoover
Ranger

Post by Hoover »

Back in the day; all we had were C-Rats; which I personally liked....no really !....then LRRPS...they were ok, but wasted too much water.....then MRE's came out....never really liked those.....but, I suppose anything tastes good when you're hungry enough, and besides, we all carried "hot sauce"......that was a must have. :wink:
2/75 C Co. 81-84
Ranger Class 14-82
"Cry Havoc Let Slip The Dogs of War"
1st SPWAR Tng Bn (Abn) USAJFKSWCS 87'
RLTW !
Mentor to J.P. Deepwater
RIP Class 02-07
Ranger Class 09-07
Charlie 51
Ranger

Post by Charlie 51 »

Tenn-RGR wrote:Step away from the MRE............ :shock: :lol: :P
X2

At the end of my service I started carrying Mountain House Freeze dried meals. The Spaghetti is amazing. I still eat it on camping trips.
C Co 2/75 Weapons
Classes 4-5/93

"Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there" - Will Rogers

Return to “Personal Gear”