Off to OSUT

Basic & AIT
Oto-Man
Ranger

Post by Oto-Man »

Keep it goin' stud...
1 down, 3 to go...and then a really cool wake up for you!

Don't quit.....
B Co 2/75 (WEBCO)
1988-1990
RS Class 1-90
BruteForce
US Army Veteran

Post by BruteForce »

Wow! Has it been that long already?

Outstanding post, Savage...

Basic Training..man, does that seem like a LOOONG time ago.

Stick to it, and like the Rangers have stated, NEVER EVER QUIT!

I'm trying to instill that attitude in my two boys (ages 9 and 12).
US Army 1986 - 1994
InfoSec/InfraGard/NetGuard (1994 - Present)
Random world and Adventures of BruteForce
SAVAGE^
Infantryman

Post by SAVAGE^ »

Well Rangers, I'm one step closer to wearing that tan beret, which I might add is the sexiest thing alive! Wednesday I turned blue. That was one of my proudest moments of my life. Yesterday, 20SEP07, I graduated Infantry AIT. Our company marked the centennial graduation of Infantry training on Ft. Benning. The graduation was held at Main Post in front of building #4 on York Field. It also marked the 144 anniversary of the Battle of the Chickamauga. The graduation was really for the parents and from what I know they loved it. The guest speaker spoke of when he graduated he wanted to be just like his Drill Sergeant. It's so crazy how right on he was. It doesn't matter how much they smoke us or how they say we're worthless flesh, we still want to be just like them. I can't express how much I appreciate everything they have done for the Army and our country. After graduation I went and found every one of them and shook their hand and thanked them. I found out about two weeks ago I was picked to go to Javelin school. So I got on a bus after grad and went straight to Airborne hold. They put me on a pass for the weekend and I'm guessing I start this Monday. I still have to go to Airborne school and RIP after though. From how it's looking I'm going to get stuck in RIP right in the dead of winter. That kind of sucks because I'm not good with the cold. Well I think I’ve taken up enough of your time here so I’m moving out. I’m going to go enjoy the next few days with my parents and get a little R&R. Again thank you all for everything and I look forward to one day being just like you.

Respectfully,

SAVAGE
Karahalios, Nik
RRDTm3's bitch
In Airborne hold

"It Only Sucks While Your Doing It"

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

You've come a long way. But the fun is just beginning. Never, never quit!!!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Charlie 51
Ranger

Post by Charlie 51 »

If you think Drill Seargents are cool, wait until you meet the RIP instructors :D

I remember being in awe of the Panama vets, now you will be training under guys that have multiple tours of combat and a mustard stain or two.

Good luck kid.
C Co 2/75 Weapons
Classes 4-5/93

"Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there" - Will Rogers
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

SAVAGE^ wrote: From how it's looking I'm going to get stuck in RIP right in the dead of winter. That kind of sucks because I'm not good with the cold.
Wrong answer.
Learn to embrace the suck.
Learn to thrive and flourish and actually enjoy the suck.
Remember, everyone in your class will be in the same situation as you.

Some will quit because it sucks.

YOU be the one that not only survives the misery, but laughs at it. Change your perspective and attitude and forget about comfort.

Try this, when you are crawling thru a puddle of 33degree freezing water for the third straight hour and your buddy on your left and right both just quit, stand up, shake your fist at God and scream at him, ""IS THAT ALL YOU GOT?""

See the difference?

Congratulations on your progress.
I'm very proud of you.
:D
Glenn, MSG Ret.
US Army Veteran - Ranger Parent

Post by Glenn, MSG Ret. »

Mountain Phase in winter- my son loved it. Couldn't even climb much because of the ice. Suck it up & drive on. You might be there winter '08.

Good luck & keep us posted.

Glenn
Former 2nd squad 3rd platoon A Co. 3/75 Dad
USNavy 1960-1966
USArmy 1980-2001
Retired MSG
SAVAGE^
Infantryman

Post by SAVAGE^ »

Rangers, I will embrace the weather as nothing more than a small challenge to make me a more superior soldier in todays battlefield. I will drive though all obstacles and never quit. I still have not had one regret. The Army life from what I've experienced is pretty bad ass. I need to find a way to get a POV. This taxi shit gets expensive. The best buy I've made this weekend has to be my poncho liner (woobie). that thing is sweet love :D

SAVAGE
RRDTm3's bitch
In Airborne hold

"It Only Sucks While Your Doing It"

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Congrats on becoming an Infantryman. As Ranger Jim said, you've come a long way. Keep driving on.....it only gets better.

RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Joseph PrettyDeepWater
Ranger

Post by Joseph PrettyDeepWater »

Congrats.

Your gonna love Cole Range in the winter :twisted:
Just remember, that it wont last forever.
I also attended the Javelin course. Honestly its pretty boring and slow. Its all classroom crap and computer simulators..Still its good to know and the weapon is pretty bad ass.

~Joseph
RIP Class 02-07
RS Class 09-07
C co. 2/75 Jan 07- Sept 07
D co 2/75 Oct 07- Aug 10
OIF/OEF
Mentored by Ranger Hoover
Mentor to stoicism
Ain't nothin to it but TO DO IT!!!
Sleepy Doc
Ranger

Post by Sleepy Doc »

I've said before that I kept motivated by thinking of what others had do go through before me. A little bit of Benning in the winter isn't that cold. The cats that survived the Chosin Resevoir.. I hear tell that was fookin' cold. Or the siege of Bastogne?. After reading the book "Band of Brothers" I was like, "Fuck Me!.. I've done NOTHING to earn the right to snivel.. These dudes have a lifetime pass on that .."

Now you can add Afghanistan and Iraqi vets to that list. Me? I just learned how to splint an ankle or two and hand out some Motrin.

Keep your head in the game and don't fuck up. You are almost there. Don't worry about the POV.. Unfortunately, you won't be allowed to get one anyway till your first permanent party assignment... This is actually good because you have no way of getting a DUI.
B Co 3/75 '95-'99
4th RTB '00-'01

"ahh, Daniel-san.. When balance good, Karate good...everything good!.." K. Miyagi
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Savage^

Post by Steadfast »

Congrats Infantryman on receiving your Blue cord.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Glenn, MSG Ret.
US Army Veteran - Ranger Parent

Post by Glenn, MSG Ret. »

The Sleepy Doc wrote: I was like, "Fuck Me!.. I've done NOTHING to earn the right to snivel...
Yeah you did, Doc. You had probably the most important job in the Army-keeping soldiers alive. I've read some of your posts & you know your shit!

Glenn
Former 2nd squad 3rd platoon A Co. 3/75 Dad
USNavy 1960-1966
USArmy 1980-2001
Retired MSG

Return to “About OSUT”