Migraines

Caring for the warriors: How medics contribute to mission accomplishment.
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

XCrunner wrote:Well, the headache kind of hurts, not that bad. .
Then it is not a migraine.

A migraine will totally incompasitate you. At least that's what they did to me.
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

Zonk 1/75 wrote:
Ranger Luna wrote:
XCrunner wrote:Well, the headache kind of hurts, not that bad. .
Then it is not a migraine.

A migraine will totally incompasitate you. At least that's what they did to me.
Pain tolerance varies………….. (sissy) 8)
And damn proud of it when it comes to those fucking things. :x :x :x :x

That shit sucks ass.
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

XCrunner wrote:I would say that is not me, other than the recurrent headaches part. They only interfere with normal life if I let them, and I have never been prescribed anything for them. Thanks, I hope this all works out.
who the fuck are you talking to here?

you got a Ranger Doc doing your research for you and you can't even be bothered to address him properly?
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
SGT C
Infantryman

Post by SGT C »

XCrunner,

Have you consulted with a Chiropractor? These headaches/migraines whatever could be caused by underlying issues that you or your Doc are not aware of. There are alternatives out there that normal Doctors are not willing to consider because it escapes their realm of understanding.
B Co 1/21 In Bn - 25th ID
A Co 841 En Bn - 81st RRC
Warriorwife
DSOTYR - Ranger Wife

Post by Warriorwife »

SGT C wrote:XCrunner,

Have you consulted with a Chiropractor? These headaches/migraines whatever could be caused by underlying issues that you or your Doc are not aware of. There are alternatives out there that normal Doctors are not willing to consider because it escapes their realm of understanding.
Sgt. C is correct! I hope I'm not posting out of place here. But, thought a little info in dealing with migraines might help.
About eight years ago I suffered terribly with Migraines. After months of very expensive tests, such as brain scans, nurologist visits, ect. They could not find any cause for these severe headaches. So painful to the point that putting my head through a wall would have been by far less painful.
A friend recommended I see a nutritionist.
The Nutritionist had me document everything I ate and drank throughout each day and at what times. As well as documenting when the migraines occured.
After a few weeks of this we come to realise that the migrines occured anytime I had eaten imported cheeses and fruit. It was the combination of these two foods that were causing the migraines.
Once I had omitted these foods from my diet I have been migraine free for eight years now.
Hope this helps.
Ranger175csar
Ranger

Post by Ranger175csar »

Zonk 1/75 wrote:
Ranger175csar wrote:Look, I get migraines.. they are not just a little head thumper adn last about a half hour.. Mine feel like I'm beind beat in the head with a bat, toss up some lunch sometimes too, and I'm lucky if I can get rid of it in less than 1 to 1-1/2 hours WITH medicine and and Ice pack on my skull with a blanket pulled over my head to block out the blinding light... thats a fucken migrain.. take some motrin and drive on
Nah Csar, The pressure you feel is your sphincter tightening around the base of your skull……….

Now that was fucken funny, who the hell did ya steal that from we know your not that witty. :wink:
Collins

1/75 HHC 94-96 S-4
RIP CLASS 7-94

Fuck em if they cant take a joke.....
Rangerguru
Ranger

Post by Rangerguru »

Just a question XCrunner. How much caffine do you drink a day? and how much water do you drink a day? I'm asking you this because the matress test pilot I was married to had issues like yours until she cut caffine out of her daily routine. Once she did that, the headaches went away.
Ranger Class 3/96
25th ID 93-96
10th Motown 96-99
C Co. 4th RTB 99-04
Gubment Contractor OCONUS 07-present

Gun Safety Tip #6. When unholstering your weapon it's customary to say "Excuse me while I whip this out "
Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Post by Rock Island Ranger »

There are different kinds of Migraines. I got Cluster Migraines while a Ranger and years thereafter. Got em jumping, rucking, shooting, and a zillion other times. Suck it up....Oxygen helps. Even...get this.... wind sprints made them go away.

Tried an ice pick to the temple but the wound hurt worse than than the headache. Weird eh?
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

¿Querría usted el primer redondo en la rodilla o la cara?

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.
AngryPistols
US Army Veteran

Post by AngryPistols »

XCrunner,

How's your blood pressure?

The reason why I ask is that about 5 years ago, my Doc misdiagnosed me with having migraines until I about had a stroke and ended up in the ER. :roll:

Angry
Angry

USA 95B 84-87, TXARNG 91B 88-89, CIV 89-present

"Yet each man kills the thing he loves, some do it with a bitter look, some with a flattering word, the coward does it with a kiss, and the brave man with the sword. " -Oscar Wilde
Baseplate
Ranger

Post by Baseplate »

XCrunner wrote:My blood pressure was within normal limits, but my heart rate was a little high which is odd because runners are supposed to have slower, more efficient, heart rates. Thank you though, Veteran Angry Pistols.
Next time you get a migraine punch yourself in the nose three time every 15 minutes. Teach your head a lesson see who is going to hurt who the worst.
HHC 1/75 mtrs Apr 2000- dec 2003
hang it, FIRE!!!!

"I feel sorry for anyone who is not an alcoholic---How would you like to wake up every moring & know that is the best you will feel all day?" W.C. Fields

1st Ranger Bn...We may not go down in history but we will go down on your sister

Return to “Medical Issues”