Check it out RIP!

Eight weeks of smoke, training & evaluation.
Mitch
Ranger

Post by Mitch »

Creeping Death wrote:
Smiddy wrote:
JosephPDW wrote:I searched the site and couldn't find an answer to my question.

Where do you go after you've been kicked/leave a Ranger Batt? Does is depend on how you leave the Batt?
Thanks for the Help Rangers!!

~Joseph
Yes, it depends on how you leave battalion. RFS=needs of the Army; serving your contract honorably=usually choice of assignment. However, it's best not to leave; even if you have to stick it through a shitty COC. Hold on to that Scroll until they hold you down and pull it off your shoulder. If you want to move on and do something else, at least give 4 years and pay the Regiment back for the time and effort invested into your training. Of course, this is the humble, but biased opinion of someone who had the luck to serve from E1 to E7 in the same beloved Battalion.

Listen to the man, boys. He knows what he is talking about. I wish I had heard those words of advise about ten years ago. I chose to leave when I did, largely because of what I viewed as a poor COC at the time and not seeing any relief in sight, and have regretted it ever since.

I would not have met my wife, or have my children today if I had stayed, and that is the only thing that I gained by hanging up my boots. Everything else was a loss - TRUE friends, a healthy lifestyle, a fullfilling career, and a more enjoyable life in general.

My wife and kids are the only thing that keeps me from living a life of regret from leaving the service. If you ever have a choice, choose to stay - even through the shitty times.

If it were possible to go back ten years, and make the choice again, fully knowing what lay ahead for me either way, it scares me becuase many times I'm not sure I would choose my wife and kids all over again. I love my wife and kids more than life itself, but I miss the Regiment THAT much.

The shittiest day in the Ranger Regiment is 100 times better than the best day out here with these pogue assed civilians. There is no comparison.
I agree with Smiddy and Creeping Death 100% and then some. NEVER LEAVE BN if you can help it. I made the mistake of leaving after 6 1/2 years. At the time I thought I was going to a good assignment do something different but I found out how much I really missed BN. I left in SEP 00 and we all know what happened 1 yr after that and my dumb ass wasn't in BN anymore ot help out/do my part. I left BN of my own free will and I regret it to this day.

NEVER GET OFF THE BOAT absolutely God Damn right. Never leave BN!
RHQ 94-96, HHC 1/75 96-00
RS 12-95
DocDaigle

Post by DocDaigle »

Desert Sloth wrote:
Ranger Luna wrote: Edited to include: RIP purpose is to give you a TASTE of Batt life. If you can't handle it, the Regiment does not want you. Some will graduate, but most will go elsewhere. Some of who graduate RIP will not last two weeks in Batt. Rangers can smell if you are a shitbag. You think I'm jokeing, wait and see. They can smell your fear.
By then end of my first year in Battalion, I think there was only a few of us left out of the 20+ that came to 2nd Batt from RIP.
Of the 21 that made it in my class on myself and one other remained after two years
Joseph PrettyDeepWater
Ranger

Post by Joseph PrettyDeepWater »

Wow, it sounds like staying in a Ranger Batt is really hard. When my time comes I'll do everything I can to stay....

Thanks for all the info and personal experiences Rangers.

~Joseph
RGR_Dan
Ranger

sticking around

Post by RGR_Dan »

I had a guy in my RIP class who I'd started with from the begining. He was a PT stud, bright guy and was just unshakable. We graduated RIP on a friday I think. He got smoked most of the weekend and disappeared AWOL during a 30 sec water break on sunday evening. Never saw him again. I shared my room with a tab spec-4 that had a girlfriend off post. So for me my first weekend wasn't too bad. I hid in my wallocker and pissed in a gatorade bottle when I thought someone was in the hallway. I was wrong about people not being in the hallway most of the time. I got smoked in the shitter constantly.
95-98 Aco. 3/75 2nd plt Weapons Sqd
98-01Hco 121st LRS
Former LEO
Former Contractor
LEO (round 2)
Joseph PrettyDeepWater
Ranger

Post by Joseph PrettyDeepWater »

Ranger RGR_Dan wrote:
I hid in my wallocker and pissed in a gatorade bottle when I thought someone was in the hallway. I was wrong about people not being in the hallway most of the time. I got smoked in the shitter constantly.

Sorry Ranger RGR_Dan I dont really know what you mean by this, I take it, it isnt good though.

~Joseph
Dando175
Ranger

Post by Dando175 »

deleon275 wrote:The best is when a private not thinking calls a NCO by his last name with no rank addressed to it. When you hear that, its like the atomic bomb just dropped.
Whoa, man, my tab-spec-four mafia mode just kicked in....

"OH HELL MOTHERFUCKIN' NO, ROGER???
YOU DID WHAT? BEAT YOUR FACE, YOU!! PUSH UNTIL I GET TIRED! OH, IS THAT HOW WE DO PUSHUPS IN BATALLION??ELEVATE YOUR FEET, CHICKENHEAD!"
CPT, USAF Medical Service Corps
A Co. 1/75 99-02
Class 9-01
DocDaigle

Post by DocDaigle »

IS that it. Trying being a cherry medic having Doc Donovan as your mentor. I arrived at BAt and he smoked me for two hours over the phone from his house. When he was ready he made an appearance (the whole time my feet were elevated) and then smoked me for the rest of the weekend. In the end he said "Welcome to the First Ranger Batallion" now don't fuck up and make sure if your don't know or understand something that you ask questions. Don't be a dumbfuck and think you know it, make sure you know it.

Doc
Hoover
Ranger

Re: Check it out RIP!

Post by Hoover »

H8 Train wrote:As an instructor at the Ranger Indoctrination Program I have noticed alot of things in the privates coming from basic, AIT, and Airborne. The one thing that pisses me off the most and is the cause of all the problems is that "YOU HAVE NO FUCKING DISCIPLINE!" :evil: When an NCO talks to you you stand at parade rest and reply with "YES, Sarn't!" not "yeah", "roger", "o.k." or any other repsonce you homo's spew from your filthy little sewers. I don't give at rat fuck what "Drill Sergeant so and so" let you do or that you went out drinking with your faggot assed Black Hat "Sergeant Airborne". This is the Ranger Indoc. Program not Romper Room. We are not your freinds, mommies, daddies or anything else that you find comfort in. So before you attend our course go to a mirror and take a good look at that reflection you call "me" and make a commitment to be a Ranger. That means DROP THE ATTITUDES, DO WHAT YOU ARE TOLD AND DO THE RIGHT FUCKING THING.

If not I will be waist deep in your sorry ass. "DO YOU UNDERSTAND ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" :evil:
When I got to Battalion after graduating RIP, a Private was required to stand at Parade Rest when speaking to a PFC (or any NCO of course) and address him as such. And God help the fool that didn't. (After the first year in my platoon things eased up a bit) In my opinion that is the way it has to be without question.
Chain of Command, Respect, Discipline, Integrity, Ranger!
2/75 C Co. 81-84
Ranger Class 14-82
"Cry Havoc Let Slip The Dogs of War"
1st SPWAR Tng Bn (Abn) USAJFKSWCS 87'
RLTW !
Mentor to J.P. Deepwater
RIP Class 02-07
Ranger Class 09-07
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

hey there, team leader.

please go to the proper room and post an introduction.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
1/75 Ranger
Ranger

what the fuck!!!

Post by 1/75 Ranger »

What the fuck are these little disrespecful bastards thinking? It just really pisses me off to hear this shit! People who have no respect should be dog stomped! FUCKING RIDICULOUS
1st Battalion 75th Ranger Regiment
C.CO. 2nd plt. Weapons squad, 2nd squad. February 2002 - March 2005.

4-02 (RIP)

O.E.F 2 (Afghanistan)

PRAY FOR WAR........KILL FOR PEACE !
Bell

Post by Bell »

Alright...I'm lost...who you talking to?

RLTW
Bell

Return to “About RASP”