Ill make you famous...(EDITED)

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

mekanica25
Ranger

Ill make you famous...(EDITED)

Post by mekanica25 »

Hey whats up...

My name is Josh Herring....I spent a few years in BCO 2/75 and I ETS'd last year.

I need information from some of you.

What I need from you is this.
If you or any of your subordinates stayed in the RTB environment way longer than they would have liked, Id like to have your name, current
rank, Company and Batt, Class number, the number months and weeks......... or number of days you spent there

Im writing a paper for a class that Ill be enrolled in next semester at UNO.
It will be published in the University Newspaper and Microcosm. A large portion of it involves Ranger School and its intricacies, and how it sometimes tends to show its evil side by dragging great soldiers thru the mud, water, and hills only to spit them back out at their home unit because of pointless technicalities that dont mean anything to any one exept that little punk ass who got his feelings hurt and went an ratted on you. Im using my experiences there as a basis for the story and Im also citing examples of others who have been slammed by the RTB only to come home unsuccessful and unfairly disgraced.(NEWSFLASH: THAT SHIT ACTUALLY HAPPENS) I know guys like this are out there because I was one of you. Im not trying to drag your fine name through the mud......Im only trying to entertain a certain group of individuals with a great underdog story thats screaming to be told and get a good grade in the process.

If you are an RI in the RTB...then By all Means...You can use this chance to give YOUR side of the story. I would love to have an RI's point of view. All information and ALL Rangers are welcome

Im not looking for guys who recycled Darby then went straight thru...Im looking for those guys who fell into the "Recycle,
Recycle, Day-one, Go all the way back thru, get peered in Florida, dropped from the course trap" as well as guys who barely
ecaped with their scalp and a tab. Also Best Ranger cycle break victims, injuries....anything......especially those who did real time...upwards of a year or better.
If you arent interested.... that's completely fine...but if you are, dont hesitate to leave your Info. You can include little or as much detail as you like.

IF THERE ARE ANY QUESTIONS....feel free to drop me a quick note

Example

SGT Joshua Herring
BCO 2/75 4 months, 2 weeks Graduated 11-04

SPC Josh Evans
BCO 2/75 8 months, 3 weeks Graduated 9-05

SPC Thomas Moxely
BCO 2/75 11 months, 2 weeks DNF

SPC Mike Williams
BCO 2/75 9 months, 1 week Graduated

You can post it on this thread or you can Email me
My contact info is as follows:

Mekanica25@yahoo.com
Mekanica25 on Yahoo messenger
http://www.myspace.com/mekanica25

Rangers Lead the Way Gentleman

josh
Last edited by mekanica25 on March 17th, 2007, 11:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
B Co 2/75 Hq plt.
Gustav Gunner march 04-dec 06
Rgr. Cls. 011-04

"I say again......Who commanded [MERRILLS] Marauders....?"
Horned Toad
Ranger

Re: Ill make you famous...

Post by Horned Toad »

mekanica25 wrote:Dont be ashamed...give it up in the name of Academics and Higher Education...
Without more info on what you want to write that sentence right there would make me run far awy from this thread.
75th RGR RGT 91-94
RS 03-92
Invictus
Ranger

Re: Ill make you famous...(EDITED)

Post by Invictus »

mekanica25 wrote:
SGT Joshua Herring

SPC Josh Evans

SPC Thomas Moxely

SPC Mike Williams
ummm, I think I see a trend here....
I'm not sure this is newsworthy, most Rangers are already aware 2/75 regularly fails to meet the standard....no need to write a paper about it and make them feel worse bro :D
Speedracer

Post by Speedracer »

Invictus wrote:
mekanica25 wrote:
SGT Joshua Herring

SPC Josh Evans

SPC Thomas Moxely

SPC Mike Williams
ummm, I think I see a trend here....
I'm not sure this is newsworthy, most Rangers are already aware 2/75 regularly fails to meet the standard....no need to write a paper about it and make them feel worse bro :D

Wow...Did I miss that one....interesting :shock:

by the way I am already in a book, thanks anyway... 8)
KKovac B Co. 2/75
Ranger

Post by KKovac B Co. 2/75 »

"If you or any of your subordinates stayed in the RTB environment way longer than they would have liked"

How about anything past day 1? I'm pretty sure that I was there longer than I liked at that point.
B Co. 2/75 (88-92)
Ranger School Class 10-90
Operation Just Cause 12/20/89
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

Sounds like there is a lot of bitterness about RS. Like everything else, some people don't graduate. I don't think it has to do with getting screwed, but with the attitude of the student during the course.

Of course I got my shit, so I may be a little less favorably predisposed to help someone who wants to bash RTB.
Rangerguru
Ranger

Post by Rangerguru »

I don't know where you got your info from, but if the examples that you have listed told you about the amount of time that they spent in Ranger School, then they lied to you. I know for a fact that there has been a six month limit since 95 and probably even before then.
Ranger Class 3/96
25th ID 93-96
10th Motown 96-99
C Co. 4th RTB 99-04
Gubment Contractor OCONUS 07-present

Gun Safety Tip #6. When unholstering your weapon it's customary to say "Excuse me while I whip this out "
Chiron
Ranger

Post by Chiron »

There was a limit back in 1982 but I don't racall what it was. Of course I never heard of anyone recycling three times in fact I don't know anyone that did twice.
RS Class 5-82
French Commando 11-83
LRSLC Class 5-87
U.S. Army 1980-1984 and 1987-1990
---------
“Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.”
George S. Patton
madslashers1-2
Ranger

Post by madslashers1-2 »

There may be a limit on the books, but I know a few guys who went over it, no shit, sometimes though they were recycled back to Regt. pre-ranger, combine that with three recycles in RS you can go over the limit, so its possible that they weren't violating the RS policy but were in essence gone for fucking ever, hey josh, what the hell did you get day oned for, didn't that fucktard in mountains accuse you of being a racist or some shit.
1st Plt, C Co. 2/75, OCT 02/JUN 06, (RS 09-04)
160th LRS-D, JUN 06/SEP 08
1106th TASMG, SEP 08/MAY 10
Joined the Darkside
A Co. 1/185 AR, MAY 10/Present
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

well, in '94 had a LT who joined us in FL at his 10 month mark. several recycles and two day 1's if I remember right...
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
CHUCKCOOLEY
Tadpole

Post by CHUCKCOOLEY »

You failed so STFU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PS- PLEASE REMOVE THE SAND OUT OF UR VAGINA!
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: ,

Post by Jim »

Chiron wrote:There was a limit back in 1982 but I don't racall what it was. Of course I never heard of anyone recycling three times in fact I don't know anyone that did twice.
When my class was finishing up in Florida, we had a number (6 - 10) of students that were pulled out the last day so that they could join the next class. I was told that they were on their third of fourth cycle. Oh, yeah and there were a fair number (15 - 20) that were repeating Florida for the first time.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Rangerguru
Ranger

Re: ,

Post by Rangerguru »

Jim wrote:
Chiron wrote:There was a limit back in 1982 but I don't racall what it was. Of course I never heard of anyone recycling three times in fact I don't know anyone that did twice.
When my class was finishing up in Florida, we had a number (6 - 10) of students that were pulled out the last day so that they could join the next class. I was told that they were on their third of fourth cycle. Oh, yeah and there were a fair number (15 - 20) that were repeating Florida for the first time.
Way back then, that was a whole class wasn't it? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Ranger Class 3/96
25th ID 93-96
10th Motown 96-99
C Co. 4th RTB 99-04
Gubment Contractor OCONUS 07-present

Gun Safety Tip #6. When unholstering your weapon it's customary to say "Excuse me while I whip this out "
mekanica25
Ranger

Post by mekanica25 »

CHUCKCOOLEY wrote:You failed so STFU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PS- PLEASE REMOVE THE SAND OUT OF UR VAGINA!

Dear Charles As a matter of fact....i didnt fail....so you can GFY
B Co 2/75 Hq plt.
Gustav Gunner march 04-dec 06
Rgr. Cls. 011-04

"I say again......Who commanded [MERRILLS] Marauders....?"
Horned Toad
Ranger

Post by Horned Toad »

mekanica25 wrote: Image
so do you get issued a comb and hair gel now or what :shock:

:lol: :lol:
75th RGR RGT 91-94