My Intro

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

The Dove Killer
Embryo

My Intro

Post by The Dove Killer »

Hi all, my name is Zach and I'm 23 years old. I'd like to start off by saying how much I respect and admire you Rangers. I would also like to apoligize to all of you & Ranger Slowpoke for not introducing myself properly before posting a topic. Similar to alot of new civilian guys on the board, I've been doing some soul searching on where my life is heading right now. I'd love to be a Ranger, but am afraid that I wont be able to because of my asthma. I've talked to a couple of recruiters about it and their answers ranged from "No way" to "Well, I can't enlist you because you've told me about your asthma,but my partner can" I don't want to lie, but I feel as if I dont go for it, I'll regret it for the rest of my life. Is it possible that I could be a Ranger and have to take meds for asthma? Thanks
Ray80
Infantryman

Re: My Intro

Post by Ray80 »

wareagle wrote:Hi all, my name is Zach and I'm 23 years old. I'd like to start off by saying how much I respect and admire you Rangers. I would also like to apoligize to all of you & Ranger Slowpoke for not introducing myself properly before posting a topic. Similar to alot of new civilian guys on the board, I've been doing some soul searching on where my life is heading right now.......
Welcome. PM on the way.
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

Welcome.
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
Saltbitch

Post by Saltbitch »

You wouldn't happen to be an Auburn Tiger fan, would you wareagle? If not, please explain your username. And by 'please', I mean DO IT. And while you're at it, go on up to the top of the screen, and click where it says 'profile'. Now, take a little minute and fill that out for us, will you? We HATE not knowing who is asking information of us. :?
EggMcMuffin
Tadpole

Post by EggMcMuffin »

Welcome. 8)

PM inbound shortly.
USAFA-CAP
SWR-TX-441

With my left hand and the internet, anyone's my girlfriend.

"We must remember that one man is much the same as another,
and he is best who is trained in the severest school." -Thucydidies
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

I used to fool around with one of the Auburn cheerleaders, now that you mention that place Ranger Saltbitch. :twisted:
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Saltbitch

Post by Saltbitch »

Yeah, I have real fond 'memories' of that place. Why it seems like only yesterday.... :lol: :lol: :lol: I really hope that he is in Auburn; I'd like to hear about how it is there now. 8) :wink:
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

Saltbitch wrote:Yeah, I have real fond 'memories' of that place. Why it seems like only yesterday.... :lol: :lol: :lol: I really hope that he is in Auburn; I'd like to hear about how it is there now. 8) :wink:
I had many-a-pitcher-a-beer and wings at Hooters over there. 8)
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Post by Rock Island Ranger »

Ranger Luna wrote:I used to fool around with one of the Auburn cheerleaders, now that you mention that place Ranger Saltbitch. :twisted:
Ya'll dont speak Mexican so let me interpret......

I used to cut grass and clean the flower beds for some chick who used to be a cheerleader at Auburn in 1938. :lol: :lol:
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

¿Querría usted el primer redondo en la rodilla o la cara?

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.
Vapor Brain
Tadpole

Post by Vapor Brain »

Welcome.
Only the dead have seen the end of war. - Plato
The Dove Killer
Embryo

Thanks

Post by The Dove Killer »

Thanks for the welcome, and yes, I'm a die-hard Auburn fan. Although I dont live in Auburn, my gym is smack dab in the middle of it, and I can tell you that the uhmm "scenery" there is as beautiful as it's always been If not better. Once again, thanks to all of you for overlooking my ignorance to the rules and for the great welcome. I'm sure my research here will help me on my way.
Snake Juice
Tadpole

Post by Snake Juice »

Welcome and you having asthma reminds me of a guy i read about in the novel Black Hawk Down who had asthma and wanted to be a Ranger so bad he lied and thought that he would just keep his inhaler and then he had to get rid of it had an asthma attack during a run there Drill Sergeant told them he was dead and later it said they saw working with some supplies and wearing a Ranger patch thought you might like that the book was great i highly recommend it!
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Gee, if I remember correctly, I think that book was about Rangers. What a coincidence! :roll:
Snake Juice
Tadpole

Post by Snake Juice »

Yes! It was Ranger Spartan did you like it as much as i did?

FYI: My favorate part is when two Rangers are talking at the end and one who didnt go on the raid says: "Man I feel sorry for you guys yall got pretty messed up"(not sure exactly what he says but something along those lines) and the one who went on the raid says :"you should feel sorry for them we fucked em up!"
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Snake Juice wrote:Yes! It was Ranger Spartan did you like it as much as i did?
Well, considering I know men who fought in that battle and served with some who died there, I'd have to say no, I did not like it.

Return to “Introduction Archive”