Hello from a old private.

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

bertdelfosse
Embryo

Hello from a old private.

Post by bertdelfosse »

Lo Guys: Just came across this board they other day. Looks great.

My name is Bert and am 48. Live in Appleton, Wi. Went thru the army back in 1976, and started out at Fort Jackson, South Carolina. Had a DI by the name of SGT Baily (I hope the spelling is correct). Stayed in one of the old WWII barracks there. By now they have to be torn down. What a rat trap. LOL. Goofed up on a couple of the final tests in basic, but got a honorable discharge and stuck with a E-1 ranking. Well better to have tried and lost than not try at all. I knew I should have re-enlisted in another branch of service . My dad was in the air force. Well enough rambling. Just thought I'd give a quick hello
Bert Delfosse
Ranger Hopps
Ranger

Post by Ranger Hopps »

welcome to the site, please read the faqs page in "board support" and in "intorductions for Rangers, veterans, etc."

Hopps
1/75 Feb. '05-Jul '08

RS class 04-07

Ranger Saltbitch wrote: "...you will face fear and pain. Do not stop, do not listen; it will only give you excuses to quit."
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

Welcome to the board and thank you for your service!!
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

I just came on and checked through all the boards and I feel compelled to tell you that you have made some assinine statements, one right after another:

Topic: Assault Weapons Ban
bertdelfosse

Replies: 33
Views: 351
Forum: News, Politics, and Policy Posted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 1:33 am Subject: Assault Weapons Ban
I'm all for getting rid of the weapons ban. As if it is going to make a difference to thugs on the streets. I saw in a online San Jose newspaper (if I remember right), where a police officer was kille ...
Topic: Witmer Sisters
bertdelfosse

Replies: 4
Views: 82
Forum: News, Politics, and Policy Posted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 1:19 am Subject: Witmer Sisters
I agree with Ranger Luna. I'm from Wis, and saw the news conference where the two sisters said they wanted out, and to go into a non-combat role. If you can't stand the heat stay out of the kitchen. T ...
Topic: Don't fuck with Israel
bertdelfosse

Replies: 20
Views: 236
Forum: News, Politics, and Policy Posted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 1:11 am Subject: Don't fuck with Israel
The next thing that Israel has to do is take out Arafat. Something on the order of one of those 2000 pound bunker bombs used on Tora Bora. Hell make it 2. You can never have enough overkill with a nut ...
Topic: Spanish SOF soldier's buried body unearthed, desecrated
bertdelfosse

Replies: 9
Views: 127
Forum: News, Politics, and Policy Posted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 1:06 am Subject: Spanish SOF soldier's buried body unearthed, desecrated
You just cannot turn your backs on those towel heads. The new president of Spain has shit for brains. Pulling out was the worse thing one could do. We need to send some rangers over to spain and kick ...
Topic: Germaine Jackson Visits Middle East, Speaks against the USA
bertdelfosse

Replies: 12
Views: 155
Forum: News, Politics, and Policy Posted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 1:01 am Subject: Germaine Jackson Visits Middle East, Speaks against the USA
Mr. Ashcroft should have the guy deported to Afganistan. He belongs there.
Topic: Detainees at Guantanamo
bertdelfosse

Replies: 12
Views: 136
Forum: News, Politics, and Policy Posted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 12:47 am Subject: Detainees at Guantanamo
I think the guys at gitmo should be sent to ranger training, and use them for practice drills. No big loss.
Topic: Hello from a old private.
bertdelfosse

Replies: 3
Views: 28
Forum: Introductions - Rangers, Veterans, Ranger Parents Posted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 11:52 pm Subject: Hello from a old private.
Lo Guys: Just came across this board they other day. Looks great.

My name is Bert and am 48. Live in Appleton, Wi. Went thru the army back in 1976, and started out at Fort Jackson, South Carolina. ...

I dunno know. For someone who likes freedom of speech you sure don't want to share that with Jermaine Jackson and Mr. Ascroft cannot deport an American Citizen jerk.

Havin the detainees at the Cuban Marine base attend Ranger training - wtf? for? Why waste American dollars on them?

And you want to send Rangers over to Spain to kick their asses. For what? For pulling out of the Coalition - next you will want the Rangers to come to your city and storm the Police department because you got a ticket.

I think you have exhibited all that Rangers don't need advice from people like you. I am glad you are not in a responsible position in the military right now. I see us losing many more men with you in a command position. Thanks for your short service to our country. You are still an E-1 in this combat veterans eyes. Do us all a favor and get lost bert.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
bertdelfosse
Embryo

Post by bertdelfosse »

Ok. From now on I'll not say anything, and just read the posts here. I'm sorry I offended you or anyone else here.
Bert Delfosse
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

bertdelfosse wrote:Ok. From now on I'll not say anything, and just read the posts here. I'm sorry I offended you or anyone else here.
We want your participation on the board. Just look around and read a little while, then jump back in. Get a feel of how people are.
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
bertdelfosse
Embryo

Post by bertdelfosse »

Ok. I'm a little thin skinned at times. It's been rather a rough week for me here. I need a couple beers.
Bert Delfosse
Bell

Post by Bell »

I need a couple of cherries.

Welcome to the board Bert.

RLTW
Bell

Return to “Introduction Archive”