Parachute sabotage

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

PaleHorseRider
Tadpole

Parachute sabotage

Post by PaleHorseRider »

god knows this is gonna be runnin thru my mind when i go to jump for the first time....jeez.
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=s ... tigation_4
Last edited by PaleHorseRider on April 30th, 2003, 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

PaleHorse-

Don't worry, you'll be jumping high enough in Jump School to easily deploy your reserve chute, if need be. "Ain't no thang!"

RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
PaleHorseRider
Tadpole

Post by PaleHorseRider »

cool, not a big fan of heights, so imma have to empty my bowels before the first jump...otherwise i'd hate to be the guy below me.. j/k, you right Ranger EP.."it aint' no thang!" just gott suck it up and step outta the plane.
wannabehooah

Post by wannabehooah »

Jesus...maybe psych evals should be the next thing added to the list at MEPS.
Earthpig
Ranger

Re: ...

Post by Earthpig »

PaleHorseRider wrote:imma have to empty my bowels before the first jump....
You think you're kidding, but just wait. If you make it to Battalion, your Airborne Ops will turn into VERY lengthy exercises. After spending what seems like forever on the tarmac, getting rigged up and checked/re-checked, you'll hobble onto your aircraft and take a seat in the 'Oh so comfy' webbed seats. Then the pilot will fly in circles for 5-6 hours (to simulate a flight to Whereverstan) and finally you'll get the two minute warning.

By then everyone on the plane is moaning because their bladders are feeling like bloated camel humps. On these training missions, the very first thing you'll do after you exit the aircraft and check your canopy will be.....to piss! By then, you really won't give a crap if the guy above you is pissing all over you...and you also won't really care if you're pissing all over the guys on the DZ.

I think they have some type of container on board the aircraft for pissing/puking, but with all the gear that you'll have hanging from your chin to the tops of your feet, you can forget trying to 'free Willy.' After your chute has deployed and your ruck has been lowered you'll have easy access. Ah, the good ol' days...

RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.

Return to “The Mosh Pit”