H&K USP Question...

Rifles, Machineguns, Mortars, etc...
tsod275

H&K USP Question...

Post by tsod275 »

I'm no expert on handguns by any stretch of the imagination. I am also VERY unfamiliar with the H&K handguns. Can anyone explain what all these variants really mean? I understand what it is saying and what DAO and all that means. What I am confused on is why they came out with so many variants for where the various levers are located? Just seems almost excessive to create that many variants when you can have ambidextrous levers like on a Beretta 92....

USP VARIANTS

Variant 1 DA/SA with control lever (safety/decocking lever) on left Variant 2 DA/SA with control lever (safety/decocking lever) on right Variant 3 DA/SA with control lever (decocking lever) on left
Variant 4 DA/SA with control lever (decocking lever) on right
Variant 5 DAO with control lever (safety lever) on left
Variant 6 DAO with control lever (safety lever) on right
Variant 7 DAO with no control lever
Variant 9 DA/SA with control lever (safety lever) on left
Variant 10 DA/SA with control lever (safety lever) on right
fireranger
Ranger

Post by fireranger »

Here you go.

http://hkpro.com/usp.htm

You can also install ambi-control levers.
3 rd. Plt. C Co. 2/75 1993-1997, RS 10-94 (Navigators)

But, I'm funny how? Funny like a clown? I amuse you? I make you laugh? I'm here to fuckin' amuse you?
tsod275

Post by tsod275 »

Hey, thanks a bunch guys. I definitely appriciate it. That is just what I needed.

I REALLY need to study up on my hand guns. I love rifles, auto's and handloading....just that hand guns kick my ass as far as....well....everything....lol :lol:

Thanks again :D
m-14.762
US Army Veteran

Post by m-14.762 »

long story short, variant 1 gives you quite a few option.

Alot of guy like safety on hammer back, drop the safety and your good to go, no long trigger pull which usually leads to tough first shot.

Some guys like no safety so they decock the weapon and leave it off safe, then when TSHTF the first pull will be long but there is no messing with safety.

Return to “Weapons of War”