arctic phase

Three phases and 62 days of hell. This section named in honor of MAJ John Whyte who was taken from us on 04/17/05.
donjoshua
Embryo

arctic phase

Post by donjoshua »

I was lifting weights at the gym and a dude was getting trained by one of the trainers. I over hear him say he was a ranger. He mentioned the 4th phase of Ranger School, the Arctic Phase. I have done plenty of reading on the subject and never came across this phase. Can I call a bull shit here guys?

thx,

Josh

PS He said the he was the driver for a Colonel or General Bird. I forget which.
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

Yes. Ask him if Santa Clause was one of the instructors. :lol: :lol:
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
BadMuther
BANNED

Re: arctic phase

Post by BadMuther »

donjoshua wrote:I was lifting weights at the gym and a dude was getting trained by one of the trainers. I over hear him say he was a ranger. He mentioned the 4th phase of Ranger School, the Arctic Phase. I have done plenty of reading on the subject and never came across this phase. Can I call a bull shit here guys?

thx,

Josh

PS He said the he was the driver for a Colonel or General Bird. I forget which.
For first clue should have been the guy was using a trainer. :wink:
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Ranger Luna wrote:Yes. Ask him if Santa Clause was one of the instructors. :lol: :lol:
Absolutely Perfect Ranger Luna.
donjoshua
Embryo

Post by donjoshua »

Ranger Luna wrote:Yes. Ask him if Santa Clause was one of the instructors. :lol: :lol:
That's great LOL!!!

He sounded like the biggest load of shit but I didn't want to make him look like a moron with out making sure. He has memorized some info such as 75th Regiment and Ranger School starting in Georgia.

He was telling me that he was a Ranger for 5 years,and that he was in Bosnia. I asked him why he didn't stay in the service he said he got burntout because they had him on casualty clean up or something like that.

How should I approach him? Should I be polite about it or should I just let him know I think he's full of shit? I want to ask him what class he was in and then go bring him a picture of that class and ask him to point himself out. Good idea or should I just not bother with this loser.

Josh
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

You should print out a list of the phases of Ranger School from the RTB website and ask him to point out to you were it says 'Arctic Phase'. Make sure you do this in front of his trainer so he has to live through the whole experience of the guy looking at him with disdain every time he looks at him.

http://www-benning.army.mil/rtb/rtbmain.htm

or from here:

http://www.armyranger.com/mod.php?mod=u ... page_id=77
Blacksrt4
Tadpole

Post by Blacksrt4 »

Ranger Spartan nailed it, that would be so bad ass. I met a Ranger at school a real one he was in uniform and was tabbed and had the combat scrool (1st batt.). I told him I got an option 40 he said HOOAH!! I was amazed to see a Ranger from here though ( Ft. Jackson).
BadMuther
BANNED

Post by BadMuther »

blacksrt4 wrote:Ranger Spartan nailed it, that would be so bad ass. I met a Ranger at school a real one he was in uniform and was tabbed and had the combat scrool (1st batt.). I told him I got an option 40 he said HOOAH!! I was amazed to see a Ranger from here though ( Ft. Jackson).
Combat scrools are so kewl........how's skool going? :twisted:
Oilpatch
Tadpole

Post by Oilpatch »

You might even want to ask a few more questions first; where in the arctic did this "arctic phase" take place, where were some of the other phases, etc. Don't give anything away yet.

It sounds like he'd be happy to oblige you with some more "information" with which to set your hook even deeper.

Oilpatch
Blacksrt4
Tadpole

Post by Blacksrt4 »

Im doing a lot better than I had been doing in the past few weeks, I finaly got everything above an 80. We just got our cap and gowns so cant wait to graduate and then ship out!!!
Lugnuttz
Ranger

Post by Lugnuttz »

Terry Welshan wrote:Hey,
Doesn't an ice storm on Mt. Yonah in 5 inches of snow and single digit tempertures count as "arctic phase" ? 8)

Amen to that shit.....
HHC 3/75 BN Commo 01-04
RGR Class 03-03
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

I can't believe what I am hearing. No more Artic phase in Raner school????

The standards get a little lower each day!

I had the last hard class!
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Slowpoke
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Slowpoke »

Talk to the gym manager and find out if they have internet acsess on the gyms comfuser. Go online next time and invite him to join us. :twisted:
I never wore a cape, but I still have my dog tags.

Experienced Peek Freak!!

173rd Abn LRRP...'66/'67
C/1/506 101st Abn
B/2/325 82nd Abn
donjoshua
Embryo

Bait

Post by donjoshua »

I am going to try and bait this shitbag to tell me more stories about being a Ranger and when I feel like he's up to his eyeballs in shit I'll blast his poser ass. Thx for the good idea's Ranger's.

Josh

Return to “About Ranger School - In Honor of Ranger BattleBoar - RIP”