Magpul Masada Rifle

Rifles, Machineguns, Mortars, etc...
krm375
Ranger

Re: Magpul Masada Rifle

Post by krm375 »

I have heard the ergonomics are pretty good, and the quick change barrel, caliber are what I am drawn to. 5.56mm 6.5 possibilities, 6.8 spc, and rumors of 7.62x39 all in one package. Remington is designing an aluminum lower for it with the ability to change grips as well.
kevino wrote:
krm375 wrote:Has anyone gotten their hands on one of these, Remington ACR/Bushmaster ACR, I have seen it in a few shops, but have not been able to shoot one.
They had the ACR as one of the stage guns at the Fort Benning 3 Gun this past December. Each of us shot 10 rounds out of it at the start of the stage, and there was alot of reshoots due to jams. They had two of them on site and by the time I shot the stage one of them was down for good. Not sure what the issue was, but I think those weapons where the test weapons that had quite a few rounds down them so not sure how these things are gonna hold up.
Bco 1st platoon, Weapons Squad, 1st Squad, Bco Training, 3/75 93-00
Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Post by Rock Island Ranger »

kevino wrote:
krm375 wrote:Has anyone gotten their hands on one of these, Remington ACR/Bushmaster ACR, I have seen it in a few shops, but have not been able to shoot one.
They had the ACR as one of the stage guns at the Fort Benning 3 Gun this past December. Each of us shot 10 rounds out of it at the start of the stage, and there was alot of reshoots due to jams. They had two of them on site and by the time I shot the stage one of them was down for good. Not sure what the issue was, but I think those weapons where the test weapons that had quite a few rounds down them so not sure how these things are gonna hold up.
Ive never seen anyone use one at a 3 gun. Nor have I seen any real shooter reviews. (Extended use, stress shoot type) Sexy enough but its like marrien a sexy woman. All that sexy wears off fast if the bitch doesnt perform. A lot of time and bullets have gone through the old platforms. Modifications, tested in battle, and proven many times over. An M-4 well situated is an excellent weapon. And again, for $2,600.00 the fucking thing should give blow jobs and shoot laser beams that would take down the space station.
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

¿Querría usted el primer redondo en la rodilla o la cara?

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.
krm375
Ranger

Post by krm375 »

I agree that the m4, m16, AR's have been tested and retested and when properly maintained will work and work well. I carry an HK 416 at work, and have broken the bolt face on it on the range. I have 3 POW AR guns (2-5.56 and 1-7.62) and 2 additional uppers for the 5.56. I will continue to see what is going on with the ACR to see if it will be worth the wait and the price. The old saying you get what you pay for is in effect. I love my MSTN SPR and my Noveske uppers, but when you put those on a solid lower with sopmod stock and good triggers. you get a 2200- 2500 dollar AR. and the .308 DPMS SASS is 2000k easy for a factory gun, While the Noveske .308 is 3000.
LRS Guy
Ranger

Re: Re:

Post by LRS Guy »

hobbit wrote:
Horned Toad wrote:Now why you would name a gun after a bunch of knuckle heads that would rather kill themselves than kill the enemy I have no fucking clue.
Good question. For everybody's edification, Magpul is a US company, located here in Colorado. I did some surfing and discovered that giving weapons names offensive to Israel isn't new; Iranian arms companies have done it before. Why a US company would seemingly do the same thing is a bit of a mystery. In any case, it's a nice looking weapon, no doubt about it.

I don't think the name Masada is ment as a insult. In the IDF Masada is like sorta like Arlington/Gettysburg battlefield and the Vietnam Veterans Memorial all wrapped into one. I understand that the IDF does allot of class graduations/swearing in ceromonies there as well. They figure they would rather die than ever be the slaves of anyone ever again.
RS 1-92
1-504 PIR 89-90
3-504 PIR 90-92
H. Co 121 INF (LRSC) 97-00
134th INF (LRSD)01-02
Back to living the LRS Life in the 143rd LRSD!

Confirmed "Cynical, Sarcastic, Bastard"
hobbit
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by hobbit »

LRS Guy wrote:I don't think the name Masada is ment as a insult. In the IDF Masada is like sorta like Arlington/Gettysburg battlefield and the Vietnam Veterans Memorial all wrapped into one. I understand that the IDF does allot of class graduations/swearing in ceromonies there as well. They figure they would rather die than ever be the slaves of anyone ever again.
Makes sense. That sounds like a good explanation...if Magpul were an Israeli company. Now why would an American company name a weapon "Masada"?
L Company Ranger
RVN 70/71
75th RRA Life Member

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing. -Albert Einstein
Oto-Man
Ranger

Post by Oto-Man »

Tater Nuts wrote:
hobbit wrote:
Makes sense. That sounds like a good explanation...if Magpul were an Israeli company. Now why would an American company name a weapon "Masada"?

The Magpul "Obama" didn't market test as well as the Masada. :) :D
Tater, I'll give you $20 bucks if you put a "Obama/Biden 08" sticker on your Canon this year....LOL (but I am serious)
B Co 2/75 (WEBCO)
1988-1990
RS Class 1-90
krm375
Ranger

Post by krm375 »

I wonder how it shoots? :)
Shock
Tadpole

Post by Shock »

Just saw this thread reopened; a quick note about Masada.

Part of the IDF's paratrooper training is a timed run, in gear, up the Masada's famous 'snake path' in the morning sun. The IDF considers the site an important landmark and holds nothing but the highest regard for the history surrounding it.

From a 2007 Magpul press release:

The Masada Name
The name Masada comes from the battle of Masada where the Roman X Legion
laid siege to the Jews in 72 AD. The fortress stood on top of a plateau and had a
secure source of fresh water. Because of this, the Romans were forced to build a
ramp to allow their formations to advance up to the fortress without breaking
ranks. When the ramp was nearly complete, the Jewish defenders decided to
end their existence rather than become the inevitable slaves of the Roman
Empire. The citizens of Masada left their food out in plain sight to show the
Romans that they were in no danger starving and through this act of defiance
they have defined the nature of controlling one’s own destiny.

Magpul Industries is not Jewish owned or Israeli backed, however Magpul has
always found the story of the Masada as a bold example of defiance.

EDIT: I know they changed the name, just thought I'd spread some knowledge.
אל תהי בז לכל אדם, ואל תהי מפליג לכל דבר, שאין לך אדם שאין לו שעה, ואין לך דבר שאין לו מקום

Return to “Weapons of War”