Atrax Sitrep

Basic & AIT
Atrax

Atrax Sitrep

Post by Atrax »

Rangers and Deps,

I apologize for how overdue this SITREP is, but needless to say, I've been busy. I graduated OSUT this past week, with my blue cord and walk on Kanell field. In my platoon was Ateup25, and Subsonic was in the same Company.
Yeah 30th AG sucks, but enjoy the movies and having a little time to eat. That shit ends the moment your DS's take control. For my company this began with a stroll from 30th to Battalion, and the ensuing Red Phase. The toughest part was getting used to choking down your meals in 3 minutes, getting woken up to smoke, and getting the occasional hands on treatment by your DS. It can be easy to lose clarity during this time, just remember that it will only get better. You'll do some OK stuff during this phase. First Aid, land nav, gas chamber and eagle tower happen here.
White Phase is devoted mostly to weapons. Advanced Rifle Marksmanship, machine gun training. You'll only get brief exposure to each weapon, but this was where I had quite a bit of fun. Use your time on the firing line to get out some of that stress you'll build up throughout the day.
Since I was on a bit of a altered cycle, my phases may be a bit different than yours. After White Phase, we started in with MOUT, and some team live fire stuff. From there it was FTX. 12-14 weeks really goes by fast as fuck. Sitting here in my room typing this, the whole thing seems like a dream.
Print out whatever motivational writing you want and bring it with you, stick it inside an envelope or whatever. Like I said, amidst all the bullshit you'll encounter at OSUT, you need to remember your reasons for joining to stay motivated throughout. Write a Pre-Combat checklist down and tape it to the inside of your wall locker so you'll have no excuse to forget stuff. Make sure your family sends plenty of mail, it's really the only recreational activity besides church that you'll get. Overall, just remember this: You can't control your situation but you can control your reaction to it. That 14 weeks will fly by.
As for me personally, OSUT was a bit of a rollercoaster. I had days where I was motivated as all hell, and others where I felt like sleeping away the rest of the cycle. I shot 31/40 for my sharpshooter badge, and finished with a 250 PT score (51 PU, 67 SU, 1318 2 mi). Always room to improve, especially on my pushups. Airborne starts soon, with RIP soon after. I'm staying motivated, going to keep up with PT, and stay out of trouble with my newfound freedom. I've got a new 25m target to hit and I don't want to fuck it up.
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Congrats on becoming an Infantryman! Enjoy your Christmas Exodus, and come back ready to complete the mission. Thanks for the excellent SITREP.

RLTW
EP

PS: Feel free to grab a "Big Boy" avatar.
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
JMar
Ranger

Post by JMar »

That's almost word for word how I would have described it. Good sitrep. Drive on.

"Praise no the day until evening has come; a woman until she is burnt; a sword until it is tried; a maiden until she is married; ice until it has been crossed; beer until it has been drunk."
-Viking Proverb

1PLT, A Co., 3/75 "Glory Boys" 2006-2012
RW Aviator 2012-Present
RS Class 06-08
Hoover
Ranger

Post by Hoover »

Congrat's and work on those push ups............
2/75 C Co. 81-84
Ranger Class 14-82
"Cry Havoc Let Slip The Dogs of War"
1st SPWAR Tng Bn (Abn) USAJFKSWCS 87'
RLTW !
Mentor to J.P. Deepwater
RIP Class 02-07
Ranger Class 09-07
Joseph PrettyDeepWater
Ranger

Post by Joseph PrettyDeepWater »

Congrats Atrax!

~Joseph
RIP Class 02-07
RS Class 09-07
C co. 2/75 Jan 07- Sept 07
D co 2/75 Oct 07- Aug 10
OIF/OEF
Mentored by Ranger Hoover
Mentor to stoicism
Ain't nothin to it but TO DO IT!!!
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

Congratulations. I'm damn proud of you and your acomplishments so far. Drive on and complete your mission.
Ranger Ron
Ranger/LRRP/Admin

Post by Ranger Ron »

Congratulations and keep on drivin'!
SUA SPONTE - "We few, we happy few, we BAND OF BROTHERS;
for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother!"
- Shakespeare

RLTW! - Land of the Free BECAUSE of the Brave

RS 3-70
SSG VN 69-70
I Co., 75th. Inf.
4/9 Inf., 25th ID

Mentored Ranger kozzman555
http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 183
http://www.ranger.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 3537
Rangerguru
Ranger

Post by Rangerguru »

Good job Atrax, Keep lowcrawling towards the front, and working on your PT.
Ranger Class 3/96
25th ID 93-96
10th Motown 96-99
C Co. 4th RTB 99-04
Gubment Contractor OCONUS 07-present

Gun Safety Tip #6. When unholstering your weapon it's customary to say "Excuse me while I whip this out "
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Atrax

Post by Steadfast »

Congratualtions Soldier on turning Blue.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Foozbat
Ranger

Post by Foozbat »

I met up with Atrax a couple of times at chapel. He seems motivated and ready to get the job done.

Congrats on finishing up OSUT! I have two more weeks of training to complete after Exodus, then I might be joining you in Airborne and RIP, depending on how the scheduling works out.

Rock Steady! (you're probably sick of that by now...)
Bco 3/75 April 2007 - June 2011, April 2013 - October 2014
HHC 3/75 June 2011 - April 2013
PL, Aco 1-15 IN, 3rd BDE, 3rd ID
RS Class 05-10

Return to “About OSUT”