Care Packages

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

lazydiva
Tadpole

Care Packages

Post by lazydiva »

With the kind assistance of Dud last year I sent a care package to Iraq. I have another one ready to ship but fear that should I send it to the same person, he may not be there anymore and it would come full circle and arrive back in the States.

Does anyone mind giving me an address to someone over there so I can send this box? PM me the address if you don't wish to post it on the forum.

Thanks for your help!
Well behaved women seldom make history.

"Is that a gun in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me?" - Mae West

DSOTYR and keeper of obscure erotic knowledge.
marleen
Embryo

Post by marleen »

I don't know if it is what you're searching for, but at www.operationmilitarypride.org you can request an address of a deployed military (DM). They respond very soon.
I've got an address from there too (I'm just writing my second letter :) )
Hope I helped you with this...

~Marleen
Cat

Post by Cat »

I write a soldier that is in Iraq from Bragg. You can go to any Post's website and find an address for a unit there. There is also a list of approved items that you can send on there.

You can title the package to "Any Soldier" and I am sure you will not get it back in the mail.

Here is Bragg's website
http://www.bragg.army.mil/18abn/
straightshooter
Tadpole

Post by straightshooter »

Thanks for the thread! I was seriously wanting to start sending care packages over too.

SS
55B, 1989-1992, Ft. Benning, GA. United States Army Marksmanship Team 1990-1992, International Pistol.

life is what you make of it
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Are any of you going to put any personal photos into your care packages?
lazydiva
Tadpole

Post by lazydiva »

Nope. But I usually include a letter explaining who I am and where I got their name/address from.

Vee
Ranger

Post by Vee »

straightshooter wrote:Thanks for the thread! I was seriously wanting to start sending care packages over too.

SS
I got a package for ya :twisted:
RSD 96-99
Cat

Post by Cat »

Correction to my earlier post. I found this at Bragg's website. Don't know if it is still in effect or not.

"On Oct. 30, 2002, the Department of Defense (DoD) suspended the "Operation Dear Abby" and "Any Servicemember" mail programs due to force protection concerns. Although these programs provide an excellent means of support to friends and loved ones stationed overseas, they also provide an avenue to introduce hazardous substances or materials into the mail system from unknown sources. Unsolicited mail, packages and donations from organizations and individuals also compete for limited airlift space used to transport supplies, war-fighting materiel and mail from family and loved ones.

Recently, DoD has become aware of organizations and individuals who continue to support some form of the "Any Servicemember" program by using the names and addresses of individual servicemembers and unit addresses. These programs are usually supported by well-intentioned, thoughtful and patriotic groups who are simply unaware of the new risks facing deployed military forces. Some individuals and groups publicize the names and addresses of service members, ships or units on Web sites, with good intentions. The result, however, is a potential danger to the troops they wish to support.

DoD cannot support creative and well-intentioned efforts that defeat force protection measures, but can instead recommend alternatives to mail and donation programs. To show support to troops overseas, the following are recommended:"

Follow this link to show support.
http://www.bragg.army.mil/mwr/support/t ... ressed.htm
straightshooter
Tadpole

Post by straightshooter »

No pictures from me that is a priveledge of this site and for rgrs only :wink: Seriously, I really appreciated the info.
55B, 1989-1992, Ft. Benning, GA. United States Army Marksmanship Team 1990-1992, International Pistol.

life is what you make of it
lazydiva
Tadpole

Post by lazydiva »

yeah, I already knew about the "Any Soldier" restriction. That's why I asked for a personal address.

Cat

Post by Cat »

lazydiva wrote:yeah, I already knew about the "Any Soldier" restriction. That's why I asked for a personal address.
Okay LD, I sent along an address with a name. Any package sent would be greatly appreciated.
lazydiva
Tadpole

Post by lazydiva »

Heya Cat! Thank you SOOOOOOOOOOO much for the address! LN kindly passed it on. Do I need a specific return address on that? I remember from the last one that it was required...almost a copy of the "send to" address but it included the home base location. email me if you like:

pvandenbrun@hotmail.com

Thanks again!! I've got some pretty good stuff headed his way! Hope he likes it!

Cat

Post by Cat »

lazydiva wrote:Heya Cat! Thank you SOOOOOOOOOOO much for the address! LN kindly passed it on. Do I need a specific return address on that? I remember from the last one that it was required...almost a copy of the "send to" address but it included the home base location. email me if you like:

pvandenbrun@hotmail.com

Thanks again!! I've got some pretty good stuff headed his way! Hope he likes it!
You'll need a return address for the customs form.

He'll like pretty much anything and if he doesn't he'll pass it along to some of his guys.
Cat

Post by Cat »

If you didn't know lazydiva, LN is going to Airborne School soon adn will be in need of his own care packages :lol: .Wonder what kind of stuff we can send him :P.
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Cat wrote:If you didn't know lazydiva, LN is going to Airborne School soon adn will be in need of his own care packages :lol: .Wonder what kind of stuff we can send him :P.

US Army Signal Corps
31M7A(31S) 93-97

That is soooo very thoughtfull of you Cat. Think of sending LN a care package. I think though in this case it would be better if you hand delivered a care package to LN. This quote of yours and your signature quote can be married into one neat package for LN. I personally always thought of LN as being fair to all, with Integirty which makes LN a "Square" guy and you can just slip him (LN) into your "Circle", your life. :twisted:
This is definitely an instance you could get a square into a circle & your life. :twisted: All you need Cat is a little care. We'll make a collection and pay for your motel for a few days when LN graduates. I'm sure the guys would agree to donate $. We'll even issue you a "temporary marriage license", good for two weeks. I'm sure Rev. Pastor Rgr Abell will agree to drawing up the license just his once.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4

Return to “The Mosh Pit”