Injury Disqualifying?

Ground Week, Tower Week, Jump Week.
nmuts02
Embryo

Injury Disqualifying?

Post by nmuts02 »

I'm back on con leave for a broken foot right now. I got three weeks from graduating from OSUT and broke my damn foot. The doctor told me it wouldnt disqualify me, just change my slot, the Drill Sergeants told me I was just fucked. If anyone could give me a heads up it would be greatly appreciated. I can't wait to kick some ass at airborne and give RIP some hell. Also, if anyone was or currently is stationed at ft sill, is there jack shit to do there on pass? I never could seem to find much. Thanks.
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Where is your avatar slug?

I broke a metatarsal bone in my right foot two days before OSUT graduation. I had to hang out at an empty basic training company for two weeks, see a new class start and two more weeks later I went through Airborne and RIP with no problem. In the end it is YOU who decides if you go through Abn and RIP, not a drill sergeant, and not a doctor.

Repeat after me: It feels fine.

Now heal it, start slowly when you get back to being active and then ramp up. Stay active while you have your cast on so your muscles don't atrophy or decline much.

Good luck.
BRanger91
Ranger

Post by BRanger91 »

Heed your doctors words and let it heal. Once it's healed, the only limitation will be your own mind. You CAN do it.
C co 3/75 91-93 'The Rock'
OIF 04-05

Return to “About Airborne School”