Ready or not, here I come...

Ground Week, Tower Week, Jump Week.
Parabellum
Ranger

Post by Parabellum »

Good luck Leatherneck. It only takes 10 seconds to hit the ground with if you have a total malfunction. It won't last long. :wink:
"We spoke to them in the only language they understood - the machine gun."

HHC 1/75 Oct 98-Mar 99
B co 1/75 Mar 99-Apr 04
ROC RSTB RIP/PRC Cadre Apr 04-May 06
A co 1/75 May 06-Jul 08
HHC 1/75 Jul 08-Mar 09

RS 3-99
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

h8train and TW are both right. It's not the fall, it is the sudden stop. :shock:
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Sigi

Post by Sigi »

Best of Luck. You've earned it.
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Sigi wrote:Best of Luck. You've earned it.

Sigi, I have seen your photo. I have read your posts. I am reading your signature by Mark Twain. I do not believe Samuel Clemens was in our military. My memory on him is very hazy. I know he was an author, and penned many Twainest ideas. Was he a reporter/journalist?

I think I remember reading the profile you posted when you first joined. You listed Military History.

Have you seen the western "Open Range" with Robert Duval & Kevin Costner. Excellent. Your saying by Mark Twain is echoed in this movie althought it is based on principle and not on Patriot. Toward the end of the movie in the background a scene is important for the towns people behavior becomes mobesque (mobesque invented by Steadfast) and rise up above their timidness to kill the last of the fleeing bad guys.

My post is why not take your love for military history a step further and enlist yourself and become that patriot you quote said by Mr. Twain. Enjoy making military history yourself and live it, breathe it and savor it. You are young, You look healthy and what, you have a college degree? Take the proverbial military bull by the horns and join. Go Airborne. Go Ranger!
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
rangercamaro
Ranger

Post by rangercamaro »

Terry Welshan wrote:Remember also, the first 999 feet dont matter its the last foot that gets serious.
LN do not make the mistake i made and reach for the ground about 6 ft up!!!! You will NOT find it!!! It will find you when you look down to see wtf!!! I was lucky and didn't break anything but my pride. Usually it's an ankle or leg!
Bco 1/75 2nd plt Wpn Sqd 89-93
HHC 1/75 Bn Armorer 93-94 (after cookoff)
Parabellum
Ranger

Post by Parabellum »

Leatherneck I forgot to tell you it's the second bounce that kills you so just hold on to the ground when you hit it. You won't bounce. :wink:
"We spoke to them in the only language they understood - the machine gun."

HHC 1/75 Oct 98-Mar 99
B co 1/75 Mar 99-Apr 04
ROC RSTB RIP/PRC Cadre Apr 04-May 06
A co 1/75 May 06-Jul 08
HHC 1/75 Jul 08-Mar 09

RS 3-99
Sigi

Post by Sigi »

Steadfast wrote:
Sigi, I have seen your photo. I have read your posts. I am reading your signature by Mark Twain. I do not believe Samuel Clemens was in our military. My memory on him is very hazy. I know he was an author, and penned many Twainest ideas. Was he a reporter/journalist?

I think I remember reading the profile you posted when you first joined. You listed Military History.

Have you seen the western "Open Range" with Robert Duval & Kevin Costner. Excellent. Your saying by Mark Twain is echoed in this movie althought it is based on principle and not on Patriot. Toward the end of the movie in the background a scene is important for the towns people behavior becomes mobesque (mobesque invented by Steadfast) and rise up above their timidness to kill the last of the fleeing bad guys.

My post is why not take your love for military history a step further and enlist yourself and become that patriot you quote said by Mr. Twain. Enjoy making military history yourself and live it, breathe it and savor it. You are young, You look healthy and what, you have a college degree? Take the proverbial military bull by the horns and join. Go Airborne. Go Ranger!
Ranger Steadfast,
The Twain quote is a favorite of mine. There are many quotes I favor more, but they are by individuals in the Military and I thought it would be pretentious on my part to use them in my signature since I have never been in the Military. Mark Twain wrote Huckelberry Finn and Tom Sawyer stories - http://www.twainquotes.com/ - and I liked what he had to say about the lonely patriot. Actually, I was in the 7th grade last time I read a Twain book.

"Open Range" was an outstanding movie. I can see what you mean about the townspeople towards the end. Also, being outnumbered Duvall and Costner could have left the memory of their dead friend and fled. But they were men of principle, honor, brotherhood and bravery. Damn fine choice for a movie, Ranger Steadfast.

As to the Military, I am 35 going on 36 with two back surgeries in 1998 and 2000. I don't think they'd take my sorry ass because I honestly cannot survive the running. I can lift and ride the hell out of a stationary bike, but the pounding takes it's toll. Sadly because of that I am the spectator that Teddy Roosevelt speaks of. But after studying so much Ranger history I feel I may have missed my calling.

Sigi.
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

I hope they assign LN to the jump tower for a day. I want to hear him yell, "Rig and Run, Rig and Run, Rig and Run, Rig and Run." :twisted:
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
McD
Ranger

Post by McD »

LUNA
Same for me. :x But once in a while we got to use dash 10 bravos(?) that had toggles you could turn with. They had 1/4 of the canopy cut out in the rear of the chute to give you 15 nots of forward thrust as you decended. Easier to turn into the wind.
Except for Airborne School jumps and Ranger School all of my jumps were with the modified T10's (toggles&Cut outs). Did they stop using them or something? I can't believe they would do that!! :shock:
C 2/75, 1st Plt, Wpns Sqd 76-79
RS 3-78
Mattoon's Goons

A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve --
is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'
McD
Ranger

Post by McD »

They must have figured that out after I got out. I sure liked the manuverability. When landing if you timed things right you soften the landing( turn into the wind and pull down on both back risers to get a little lift at the last second).
C 2/75, 1st Plt, Wpns Sqd 76-79
RS 3-78
Mattoon's Goons

A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve --
is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

I loved running with the wind in those babys. We didn't jump them much, either.
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
lazydiva
Tadpole

Post by lazydiva »

Ok, LN...Cat says you need a care package. What do you want?
Well behaved women seldom make history.

"Is that a gun in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me?" - Mae West

DSOTYR and keeper of obscure erotic knowledge.

Return to “About Airborne School”