When do you ship

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

Glock

Post by Glock »

Deadmeat, the 13F's are very important to the Rangers. Say your in the shit and need air support, 13F get to call it in. I have a buddy that is in SF and he started out as a Ranger, and was telling me that the 13Fs get to do some neat-ass shit.
DocHoliday

Post by DocHoliday »

August 19th is my ship date to Benning's School for boys (wish it was tomorrow). But all i can do is PT and attend those DEP meetings until then. Oh yeah and my MOS is 11X Airborne
Glock

Post by Glock »

DocHoliday, did you get option 40 in your contract?
Glock

Post by Glock »

DocHoliday, you didn't specify so I'm kinda curious. You did get Option 40 right?
DocHoliday

OPTION 4

Post by DocHoliday »

GLOCK:

nah I got Option 4...(dont know what that means exactly, so if u know what it means please let me know)..My recriuter said that when i get to Airborne Training they'll ask me if I wanna go Ranger. Hmmmm all of a sudden I feel like I got fucked over. If anyone has any Info on Option 04 plz let me know..I'v tried looking it up and havent found anything.

By the way have any of you guys in DEP tasted the MRE's yet? Today at my DEP function i had my First..I thoat it was ganna taste like monkey shit but it actually tasted pritty good..I had no clue what I was eating though.
Deadmeat

Post by Deadmeat »

I think most Mos's the 75th has room for get asked after Airborne to go to Rip. Maybe option 4 means you have high priority then them?? Who knows i got 40 myself. They only had openings for some communcations Mos, i just sat in meps with the counsaler until he made a few calls for me to get Infantry. I wasn't leaving until i got that.

Talk with your recruiter and ask to see if maybe your start date can get moved back in favor of an option 40.... Not sure if they can do that but if your smart enough (Very high Asvab) I don't think they would want to lose yah. Just my 2 cents.
DocHoliday

Post by DocHoliday »

I'll Talk to my recruiter about what it means but there aint no way i'm going to get my ship date pushed back..August 19 is already to much dam time for me to be waiting lol..I'v been thinking about what option 40 guys are going to have go to go through..You guys have to go Through Basic, AIT, Airborne Training, and Then R.I.P (all in a short amount of time)...I dunno if i have the energy to do that but If they ask me at Airborne Training if i want a shot at R.I.P theres no way in hell im going to turn it down.
Glock

Post by Glock »

DocHoliday, this is what happens. An Option 40 contract guarantees you a shot at airborne and RIP. An Option 4 contract guarantees you a shot at airborne only. Now, close to the end of airborne school a Ranger recruiter comes over and asks for volunteers. He is trying to fill up the spots of the guys that weren't able to fullfill their Option 40 contracts. From what I've heard, is that about 20% of the Option 40 contracts will be unfullfilled by the end of airborne school. This is due to injuries, guys not jumping ouit of the plane, guys just giving up, or guys that never had the intention to be a Ranger but just wanted a guaranteed spot at airborne school. I've heard of guys that went your route and got RIP, but I've heard of some that didn't. If you really want to be a Ranger then kick ass during basic and airborne school. Make everyone say as they walk by you " O man, thats XXXX, he is a hardcore mother fucker. I would fight along side him any day". Good luck, I hope everything turns out.
DocHoliday

Thanx

Post by DocHoliday »

Glock:

Thanks for the info man. I talked to my Recruiter and he says that he'll check if he can switch my contract to option 20. When i get to basic, AIT, Airborne and R.I.P (If I get my chance)) I plan on giving it my all..Theres no way im going to hold back anything..becoming a Ranger is to important to me to let it slip away...well bro again thanx for the info.
BigShooter
Egg

leave date

Post by BigShooter »

I leave June 20 for Benning, 31C Radio Op.
Pridemore
Egg

Post by Pridemore »

i leave june 2 as an 11x option 40.
spearing
Egg

I Ship 020226

Post by spearing »

Hey,

I have a ranger contract and ship for Fort Benning on Feb 26. (11x, Option 40...)

Are there any fired up guys out there that are going to be joining me?

I am pumped! Can't wait to see some of y'all down there!

--BNSpearing
Glock

Post by Glock »

I'm shipping out. Thanks to all of the Rangers for answering some of my questions. I'll let you guys know how I'm doing when I get to a computer. Thanks
Ranger
Ranger/Admin

Later - Much!

Post by Ranger »

Take Care Glock. Best of luck to you. Shouldn't be a problem for you. Now, some of these others???

Return to “The Mosh Pit”