Question Using the Title "Ranger"

Experiences of those who wear/wore the scroll.
Nomad
Ranger

Re: just pointing out

Post by Nomad »

madslashers1-2 wrote:Who cares who calls themselves a ranger, I got a big scroll tatooed on my forehead to be a quiet professional, the hard truth is though there is a current leg shaving epidemic in my company, i'll never understand it.
Don't ever admit something like that infront of a legshaver..... :lol:
dyks
Ranger

Re: Rangers

Post by dyks »

Horned Toad wrote:
UBOAT wrote: The Brigade Commander told evrybody there that had been through Ranger School, that was graduating that day, told them that they were RANGERS!

They still Tell them That, Every Graduation!

There was Ranger Training, before there was the Ranger Regiment!!

do your history!

HELL, Darby didnt have his TAB!!!
There were Ranger style units long before the Tab.
General shekawhatthefuckski told the whole army that they would be squared away when the put on a Black Beret. We all see where that went.
riding my bike through downtown Houston this morning I saw a fat pregnant e5 with a black beret on. pisses me off. I'm sure I'm just repeating what's probably already been posted about before but that's bullshit. There was a long history and tradition in that beret before it became shit-paper for the whole fat leg army, and they wear them like they're fucking pizza chefs. Ok I'm done.
B CO 3/75 96-98

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"
Lynx0880
Ranger

Post by Lynx0880 »

Common referance

Tab is a school,

Scroll is a way of life.

RLTW

One learns the creed, one lives it.
2/75 FO 99-03
dromeor
Egg

RANGER = tab or scroll ??

Post by dromeor »

My RANGER son tells me that tab is training, scroll is a way of life.
RLTW... and Rpf,r (RANGER parents follow, respect)
RANGER Mom/ retired USN CPO/ retired teacher
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

Lynx0880 wrote:Common referance

Tab is a school,

Scroll is a way of life.

RLTW

One learns the creed, one lives it.
I know you Fucker!
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

dromeor failed to make an introduction

Post by Steadfast »

dromeor wrote:My RANGER son tells me that tab is training, scroll is a way of life.
RLTW... and Rpf,r (RANGER parents follow, respect)
As a courtesy to all members and as is customary to make your 1st post > http://www.armyranger.com/bb/viewforum.php?f=26

Do not post again dromeor unless it is in the introductory forum.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
rangerrg_c75
LRRP/Ranger

Post by rangerrg_c75 »

Long ago, in a land far away, a Major named Darby was given the job to organize a special unit. After intensive training by the Bri Commando, they were given the name Rangers. No black and gold tab, no red and black scroll. No Ranger Creed. They just set in motion what we have now. I don't think I'd want to be the dumb-ass to call one of Darby's men from Cisterna a non-Ranger. Or Rudder;s or Schneider's. Nor would I desire to call one of the Korean War Ranger's a non-Ranger because :shock: NO Scroll :shock: . SB is correct. What makes a Ranger isn't a tab or scroll. Those just identify us. What makes us Ranger's is the fire that burns inside to be better than anyone else. Ya can't tell a Ranger just by size. Hell Ranger Voyles didn't fit the advertisement version of a Ranger (imagine bulked up/ripped). He was just one hellva Ranger and damn fine friend.
Served: 1st Plt C/75 1969-71
MACV Recondo Aug '69
RS 6-78
C Co 2/75th 78-81 B Co/HHC 7th RTB 91-93 (Retired)
AntonA2W
Ranger

Post by AntonA2W »

VERY well said. Really puts things in perspective. I had written an email to Gen Shit-seki after the change and next thing I knew I had FBI at my house. And my note wasnt threatening or violent or anything. I was mad for awhile, I guess, when I went to Ft monmouth and saw legs in my beret. But like you said, it really doesnt matter. I think rangers since then have displayed that it doesnt matter either. Rangers are born, not made, dont matter on the hat. We'll act with the same resolve, honor and integrity as stated in our creed and standing orders. Besides, "its not the size of a man in a fight, but the size of the fight in a man." Its all in the degree of professionalism in which we hold ourselves. RLTW
"...Fuck it all and Fuckin no regrets..."

God Bless Dementia

1/75, A2W, 11Jul93-18Nov94 (started day 1 of a 34 day nap)
Horned Toad
Ranger

Post by Horned Toad »

AntonA2W wrote:VERY well said. Really puts things in perspective. I had written an email to Gen Shit-seki after the change and next thing I knew I had FBI at my house.
I feel left out now, I wrote a letter and didnt get anyone at my door :( must not have been a good letter
75th RGR RGT 91-94
RS 03-92
AntonA2W
Ranger

Post by AntonA2W »

yea, I heard a knock at the door, looked out the side window and saw the suits. Thought they were those "Jesus" people. Sat back down to finish watching Scooby-Doo. Heard another knock and thought Id fuck with them. Answered and saw badges fly. 2 FBI and a Statie. I had no clue what they were talking about. Bad memory. I guess they got annoyed at my constant giggling about it. Then they saw my pics and shit on the wall and realized I was ranger. Turns out one FBI guy was a 2nd Batt vet, had his coin, 15 min of questioning and 3 hrs of BS. Asked my mom to come over, she could answer some questions better than I could, dain bramage. Freaked her the hell out when I introduced them. Wish I kept a copy of that letter.
"...Fuck it all and Fuckin no regrets..."

God Bless Dementia

1/75, A2W, 11Jul93-18Nov94 (started day 1 of a 34 day nap)
Haze324
Ranger

Post by Haze324 »

My take is that if never served in the Regiment then you are just Ranger Qual. Yeah we can talk about Darby and Ranger Companies in Vietnam, but those were all Ranger Units - Battlions, Companies, etc. There was not tab or scroll, but current day units evolved from the earlier Ranger units. Being a Ranger is a lifestyle, but I can't see anyone currently fitting that bill that is not in the Regiment. Its a different lifestyle than what guys in other units live. I can not consider someone from another unit a Ranger. While they may be bad asses in thier own respect, I think to myself. If that guy is so "Ranger" then go to RIP or ROP pal. That simple. I was a support guy in BN, and I'm sure there's guys in the 82nd, 101st, that can clear a room a lot better than I can, but those guys are NOT living Battalion Life. So no way man. Those guys aren't Rangers.

You can say that the tab and scroll didn't exist back then, but the Unit and the Standards existed.
RHQ - 04-05
HHC 1/75 - 01-04
2/504- 97-00

Class 10-03
ranger_medic_smith

Post by ranger_medic_smith »

[quote="Haze324"]My take is that if never served in the Regiment then you are just Ranger Qual. Yeah we can talk about Darby and Ranger Companies in Vietnam, but those were all Ranger Units - Battlions, Companies, etc. There was not tab or scroll, but current day units evolved from the earlier Ranger units. Being a Ranger is a lifestyle, but I can't see anyone currently fitting that bill that is not in the Regiment. Its a different lifestyle than what guys in other units live. I can not consider someone from another unit a Ranger. While they may be bad asses in thier own respect, I think to myself. If that guy is so "Ranger" then go to RIP or ROP pal. That simple. I was a support guy in BN, and I'm sure there's guys in the 82nd, 101st, that can clear a room a lot better than I can, but those guys are NOT living Battalion Life. So no way man. Those guys aren't Rangers.

You can say that the tab and scroll didn't exist back then, but the Unit and the Standards existed.[/quote]

That is a damn shame to put down those soldiers who went before you and after you through the same Ranger training and all. Now you go run off and the mouth and post before the individuals reading this forum and put those men down and fix your lips to say one is not a ranger because he does not serve in the Rgt. that is so ridiculous. If being a "ranger" is internal and a lifestyle...dont you think soldiers on elite bases like Ft. Bragg, and Ft. Lewis, etc. who live non-leg lifestyles deserve their respect? Besides who are we kidding anyway not everybody that serves in the Rgt. deserve the title nor live the "lifestyle." In my opinion anybody and everbody who goes and graduates the ranger program is a "ranger" It is what you take from your training and what you do with your given title that will make you a better ranger and one who will help our brothers carry on and demonstrate what it means to have that title HOOAH!
EvilCouch
Ranger

Post by EvilCouch »

ranger_medic_smith wrote:
Haze324 wrote:My take is that if never served in the Regiment then you are just Ranger Qual. Yeah we can talk about Darby and Ranger Companies in Vietnam, but those were all Ranger Units - Battlions, Companies, etc. There was not tab or scroll, but current day units evolved from the earlier Ranger units. Being a Ranger is a lifestyle, but I can't see anyone currently fitting that bill that is not in the Regiment. Its a different lifestyle than what guys in other units live. I can not consider someone from another unit a Ranger. While they may be bad asses in thier own respect, I think to myself. If that guy is so "Ranger" then go to RIP or ROP pal. That simple. I was a support guy in BN, and I'm sure there's guys in the 82nd, 101st, that can clear a room a lot better than I can, but those guys are NOT living Battalion Life. So no way man. Those guys aren't Rangers.

You can say that the tab and scroll didn't exist back then, but the Unit and the Standards existed.
That is a damn shame to put down those soldiers who went before you and after you through the same Ranger training and all. Now you go run off and the mouth and post before the individuals reading this forum and put those men down and fix your lips to say one is not a ranger because he does not serve in the Rgt. that is so ridiculous. If being a "ranger" is internal and a lifestyle...dont you think soldiers on elite bases like Ft. Bragg, and Ft. Lewis, etc. who live non-leg lifestyles deserve their respect? Besides who are we kidding anyway not everybody that serves in the Rgt. deserve the title nor live the "lifestyle." In my opinion anybody and everbody who goes and graduates the ranger program is a "ranger" It is what you take from your training and what you do with your given title that will make you a better ranger and one who will help our brothers carry on and demonstrate what it means to have that title HOOAH!
First off, you've been told 3 times over the course of your 4 months on this forum to post an introduction in the appropriate forum and to read the FAQ.

Secondly, what the hell makes a post elite?

Thirdly, all soldiers have set themselves apart from civilians, just as all Infantryman have set themselves apart from other soldiers. There is no such thing "just" an Infantryman. But Rangers are by their very definition elite forces. Being elite for two months is not the same as maintaining that status.

That's like calling a 5-jump chump a paratrooper.
Clueless Joe(Sand hill): May 98 - May 99
Tabless Bitch (Bco 3/75): May 99 - May 01
REMF (11th Regt): May 01 - Feb 04
Leg Team/Squad leader (HHC 1-503, 2ID, OIF): Feb 04 - Dec 05
World's worst webcomic
ranger36203
Embryo

Ranger is a Ranger

Post by ranger36203 »

if you served in the Regiment and never got a Tab you are have accomplished something but you are not a ranger, but if you served in another unit and Got a Tab you are a Ranger. if you Graduate a Medical school and pass your boards you are a doctor whether you decide to practice medicine is up to you but you are qualified to do so. If you work with a doctor and have never been to medical school then you cant practice medicine even though you may know everything the doctor knows you are not a doctor. When I was at battalion you could not hold the position of SL unless you were RQ, platoon sergeants and leaders had to be JMs and RQed and rightfully so.
Whats up snake eaters class 8-95

Return to “75th Ranger Regiment Public Forum”