Plastic Skill Badges

Racks, Helmets, Cold Weather Gear
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

cams wrote:Am I missing something here? What happened to everything having to be sewn on? 'Cept your Class A's a'course, but you're not wearing black on your A's are you? :?
Keep up man...Nothing is sewn on the ACUs. You can sew rank on headgear. Only Pin-on Skill badges will be worn on the ACU. The whole pin on badge idea was (and is) STUPID and anyone in the Army that thought (or thinks) that it is a good idea is STUPID.
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
MrsDocMac

Post by MrsDocMac »

cams wrote:Am I missing something here? What happened to everything having to be sewn on? 'Cept your Class A's a'course, but you're not wearing black on your A's are you? :?
Ranger Cams, to the best of my knowledge, you are not allowed to sew anything onto the ACU uniform in case there is a need to go "sterile."
18Z5V
Triple Canopy

Post by 18Z5V »

too expensive to get pin on.....reminds me of sew on....I'll just flatline. But I suppose I'll have to get one set for opening/closing ceremonies for JCETS/JCS
RS 12-93
SFAS 06-01
SFQC 04-01
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

MrsDocMac wrote:
Ranger Cams, to the best of my knowledge, you are not allowed to sew anything onto the ACU uniform in case there is a need to go "sterile."

Go sterile? :lol: Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't we the only service to use ACU's? (Marines have their own version.) The only country to use these ACU's?
Are they issuing AK's as well, for this sterile mission? :roll:

I knew that the patches (American Flag/Unit) were velcro, just never thought they wouldn't allow you to sew on your other smaller things (rank/wings etc.), especially for the Regiment, wow, what the fuck...I agree SB, stupid idea, and I'm not jumping on you ma'am, please don't think that, ok? Just venting for those that can't.

I guess I'm one of the guys that doesn't like change. Especially when it seems so unneccasarry (can never spell that F'n word).

"Surrender is not a Ranger word."
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

Well I emailed the company and asked whether or not they intended to create a Master Parachutist Badge with BSS. The company replied "We're adding inventory every week", I've heard this story before. Within a week I received an email from the company stating they added the badge I required. I ordered the badges and so far I am very pleased with the quality. So the badges get two thumbs up for appearance and garrison activities.
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
wellfed
Ranger

Post by wellfed »

SB,

I got mine 2 weeks ago and can't say anything but good things about them. It sure beats painting. A lot lighter than I tought the would be too.
"You're never beaten until you admit it."

RS 1-86
Horned Toad
Ranger

Post by Horned Toad »

uniform by Mattel :D
75th RGR RGT 91-94
RS 03-92
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

Seems like the website is gone...anyone got a new location for this company?
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
RRDTm3
Ranger

Post by RRDTm3 »

Silverback wrote:Seems like the website is gone...anyone got a new location for this company?

Ditto
A co 3/75
RRD
RIP/PRC
Ranger Instructor 4th RTB
H co LRS
WTC
MUTC
#8-91

http://www.myspace.com/forcedentryrocks" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I will never out rank stupid people"

Mentor to Myself
RRDTm3
Ranger

Post by RRDTm3 »

Tenn-RGR wrote:
hobbit wrote:Badges! We don need no steenkin badges! :)
come roll with Guard, badges have helped a lot of tabless flatlining O's to STFU
A co 3/75
RRD
RIP/PRC
Ranger Instructor 4th RTB
H co LRS
WTC
MUTC
#8-91

http://www.myspace.com/forcedentryrocks" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I will never out rank stupid people"

Mentor to Myself
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

JLTW!!! wrote:If not, try the STA-Black metal badges. I've bee wearing mine since June with Zero issues....well....except paying like $5 apiece. Hopefully they get it right with these multi-cam uniforms when they come out, and go back to sew on, or like a couple Generals I've seen, be allowed to velcro your badges on. I could really give a fuck...they ought to just get rid of it all if not.
Wow, just for shits and giggles I checked out that website...12.00 for master wings???? What a fucking GIP! I thought metal badges would be cheaper, but with that price you could buy enough badges for 3 pair of BDUs and have them sewn on.
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

Tenn-RGR wrote:
hobbit wrote:Badges! We don need no steenkin badges! :)
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
The Holmchicken
Ranger

Post by The Holmchicken »

And there's the whole "save money and don't wear badges" gig.
2/75 97-00

It's not that I'm lazy........it's that I don't care

75th RRA

Return to “Personal Gear”