Sturgis Bound

Experiences of those who wear/wore the scroll.
Soul Snatcher
Ranger

Sturgis Bound

Post by Soul Snatcher »

Anybody heading to Strugis? My house is on the way, unless your coming from the North, and you would be welcome to stay, or link up if you need a few more rideing buddies.
Aco. 1/75 2nd plt.
10-00
Getting hosed down by the local Police.

"I use to be in charge of million dollar equipment, now I can't get a job at the car wash!"
MrsDocMac

Post by MrsDocMac »

Are you talking about Sturgis, MS Ranger Reedycsu?
Silverback
Ranger

Re: Sturgis Bound

Post by Silverback »

reedycsu wrote:Anybody heading to Strugis? My house is on the way, unless your coming from the North, and you would be welcome to stay, or link up if you need a few more rideing buddies.
Since we're close you can come over and Mow my lawn...
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Soul Snatcher
Ranger

Post by Soul Snatcher »

No offense Maa'm, but if you are asking me where Strugis is, your probly not going. I mean Strugis, South Dakota. The biggest Biker rally in the world. Iv'e never been, but I heard over 500,000 bikers crammed in a couple city blocks is quite a sight. We'll see.
Aco. 1/75 2nd plt.
10-00

"I use to be in charge of million dollar equipment, now I can't get a job at the car wash!"
MrsDocMac

Post by MrsDocMac »

There are many rallies that promote the name Sturgis Ranger Reedycsu. THere is Little Sturgis in STurgis, KY. THere is also a Sturgis, MS that is a fairly large rally known as just "Stugis" as well. I was only asking because the one in MS is going on in about a week or so I believe and I have a few friends and family who will be attneding that ride. I only asked because a man named Phillip Boler is the owner of a local Custom bike shop named Oasis Choppers who recieves free things through his involvement there and thought that you might be interested in linking up. As this is obviously not the rally you are speaking of though, this information is currently not of use to you. Although he will most likely be attending the rally you are talking aobut, he only rides there but doesn't put up a tent yet since it's so far and his business is doing fine without the extra cost of such a long haul for his bikes. Sorry if you misunderstood and there was no offense taken.
Soul Snatcher
Ranger

Post by Soul Snatcher »

I think these rallies bring in so much revenue that people keep trying to create their own "Sturgis", but the problem is they all plan them at the same time. If you do the math, all bikers can't be everywhere at the same time. We have this new thing down here called Thunder in the Rockies, but it such a joke because it's like 2 weeks after Sturgis. Yeah, I'm gonna drive up from Georgia, or Texas or whatever, then turn around and drive back. It doesn't make much sense. But, hey, whatever floats their boats. Thanks for the reply.
Aco. 1/75 2nd plt.
10-00

Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

Sturgis is a fish, right? :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: Lemme grab my pole!
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
Soul Snatcher
Ranger

Post by Soul Snatcher »

I think you mean sturgen, but you better bring a club or a friggen M60, cause it's a dam big river fish.
Aco. 1/75 2nd plt.
10-00

MrsDocMac

Post by MrsDocMac »

reedycsu wrote:I think these rallies bring in so much revenue that people keep trying to create their own "Sturgis", but the problem is they all plan them at the same time. If you do the math, all bikers can't be everywhere at the same time. We have this new thing down here called Thunder in the Rockies, but it such a joke because it's like 2 weeks after Sturgis. Yeah, I'm gonna drive up from Georgia, or Texas or whatever, then turn around and drive back. It doesn't make much sense. But, hey, whatever floats their boats. Thanks for the reply.
Actually, the rally in Sturgis, KY is in early July and the one in Sturgis, MS is either the week before actual "Sturgis" in SD Ranger Reedycsu. I am only guessing at the dates since I don't have the opportunity to attend them. I just know that here soon folks are goin, or already are at, the one in MS. THere are quite a few throughout the year and while many are held during the same time frame, they are usually in different parts of the countries since it is difficult for all riders to converge in one spot at every time throughout the year. I know that my father has went to about 4 since May and still has 3 more before Thanksgiving, including the two "sturgis" rallies coming up. :D
STUD
Ranger

Ranger Biker Clubs

Post by STUD »

I'm looking for fellow Rangers to cruise with as I am in the Baltimore , D.C area and need some bokier buds, Ranger only. Anyone with some info on who to contact will be greatly appreciated!
Please send a PM
Cco 2/75 July2000-July2003
HHC 2/75 July2003-Aug2004
RGR School class 5-02

Return to “75th Ranger Regiment Public Forum”