Update from Lost Thing

Commo from our members who are in OSUT, Jump School, RIP, Ranger School, etc.
18Z5V
Triple Canopy

Update from Lost Thing

Post by 18Z5V »

This update is old considering he mailed it to me when I was in Hawaii. I talked to him on AIM last sunday. He was on pass and got to use the internet. OSUT has sure changed!!!

" I'm still here though and going strong. OSUT isn't really that dificult but when your platoon doesn't click like the way mine is it can make for some frustrating times. I'm currently about to start week 4. We are doing BRM for the next 2-1/2 weeks. My run isn't very good, but our SDS is letting us run on our own. Along with the constant smoking, plus our own PT, I can tell I'm getting better. I'll end up maxing my PU and SU's. I did 55 PU and 60 SU's. I'm working out in my IBA doing pushups and situps. When we get smoked I'm not sucking as bad as I was before. I'm going for expert when I qualify BRM, any advice? My company is using M-4's instead of M-16's. There there a big difference? How how things going for you? It's getting close to lights out, I'll write when I have more to update on. I appreciate any advice you can give. Sorry about Nauschalk, he really surprised me. Hopefully TOES and I will drive on to the objective!"

I sent him a letter along with some ODA stickers.
RS 12-93
SFAS 06-01
SFQC 04-01
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Keep it up, Lost Thing. Training time usually flies by. You'll be there before you know it.
RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

So you know where you need to improve and now all you have to do is get there. One of the suggestions that I have is that you do all of your PU's at night in an elevated manner - it will make you a lot stronger.

Good job so far. BRM is a good time, since it will be the first time you get to really fire your weapon.

Drive on and don't worry too much about the shitbags - the cadre know who is who in your Platoon by now.

Return to “Letters from School”