tooth implant

Caring for the warriors: How medics contribute to mission accomplishment.
redcut88
Embryo

tooth implant

Post by redcut88 »

To Rangers and all that can help,

I am going to have to recieve a tooth "implant" in my lower back jaw that is going to fill the place of a tooth that my idiot dentist oh-so-graciously removed when I was younger and for whatever reason can't remember why. My question is, would this in any way affect of prohibit my entrance into the military. Or upon entering the military, would it affect my opportunity to become a Ranger. I can't see why it would, but I would like to be completely sure.

Thanks,
Sean
fireranger
Ranger

Post by fireranger »

I entered the Army missing a tooth that my idiot dentist took out - no problem. I had an implant done at Ft. Lewis and they did a very good job. I do not think it would be an issue for you.
3 rd. Plt. C Co. 2/75 1993-1997, RS 10-94 (Navigators)

But, I'm funny how? Funny like a clown? I amuse you? I make you laugh? I'm here to fuckin' amuse you?
redcut88
Embryo

Post by redcut88 »

Thank you for the reply, Ranger fireranger.
DJB
Ranger

Post by DJB »

Read the first Sticky!

2–5. Dental
The causes for rejection are for appointment, enlistment, and induction are:
a. Diseases of the jaw or associated tissues which are not easily remediable, and will incapacitate the individual or
otherwise prevent the satisfactory performance of duty. This includes temporomandibular disorders (524.6) and/or
myofascial pain dysfunction that is not easily corrected or has the potential for significant future problems with pain
and function.
b. Severe malocclusion (524) that interferes with normal mastication or requires early and protracted treatment; or
relationship between mandible and maxilla that prevents satisfactory future prosthodontic replacement.
c. Insufficient natural healthy teeth (521) or lack of a serviceable prosthesis, preventing adequate mastication and
incision of a normal diet. This includes complex (multiple fixture) dental implant systems that have associated
complications that severely limit assignments and adversely affect performance of world–wide duty. Dental implants
systems must be successfully osseointegrated and completed.
d. Orthodontic appliances for continued treatment (V53.4) (attached or removable). Retainer appliances are permissible,
provided all active orthodontic treatment has been satisfactorily completed.

So no your tooth isn't going to stop the Army from recruiting you, but your piss poor attention to detail might.
Last edited by DJB on May 3rd, 2006, 7:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Aco1/75 Rgr 92-98, class 3/94, 300F1 5/95
Instructor Medical OBC, 99-00, 143rd LRSD (TXNG) 00-03.
Contractor Physician JBLM 2010-

Jihadists have no means by which to destroy the institutions of our society, while the Congressman does.

http://www.lifesharers.org/
Ranger175csar
Ranger

Post by Ranger175csar »

Just had one yanked and bone graphed to recieve implant... NO problems here.. just Motrin or Naproxen and your good to go.
Collins

1/75 HHC 94-96 S-4
RIP CLASS 7-94

Fuck em if they cant take a joke.....

Return to “Medical Issues”