Most Valuable Gear...

Racks, Helmets, Cold Weather Gear
MrsDocMac

Most Valuable Gear...

Post by MrsDocMac »

My husband is a medic currently in Iraq and has a birthday coming up. Since steak and bed are a no-go I was wanting to finally get him something he could use.

I'm curious as to what the most valuable gear is in Iraq that is not government issued, something that would help him perform his duties more efficiently or better protect him.

While all suggestions are appreciated, I should put out there that I only have about a $200.00 limit.

Thank you Rangers and others for your service. I look forward to any ideas ya'll might have.
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

.....a hooker? :lol:
MrsDocMac

Post by MrsDocMac »

RTO wrote:.....a hooker? :lol:
I thought about that, but do you know what the shipping and handling is for a box that size Ranger RTO? If I recall correctly it's somewhere around $102.41... without her heels.... 8)

So if you find a hooker for $87.59 let me know! :P
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
MrsDocMac

Post by MrsDocMac »

Silverback wrote:www.pocketvagina.com

Now seriously Rangers, please help me out here. :cry:
I know that all of ya'll are the ones to ask and I don't want to fuck up and get something that's just damn useless.
Last edited by MrsDocMac on July 2nd, 2006, 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

Tater Nuts wrote:Not a suggestion, but I saw an announcement the other day that any type of performance (cool-max, underarmor, etc) t-shirts had been dissaproved for uniform wear. Mark them off your potential list. Perhaps some sort of preloaded entertainment, i-pod, mp3 etc. or a bottle of "mouthwash"?
Good idea Tater, also maybe a Playstation PSP, it can hold photos, video, music, you can watch movies on it, you could also load it with some "homemade" entertainment for him. :twisted:

Whatever you get, I'm sure he'll appreciate it and be thankful for it.
Happy birthday to him and good luck maam.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
wellfed
Ranger

Re: Most Valuable Gear...

Post by wellfed »

ProudWifetoMyArmyRanger wrote:My husband is a medic currently in Iraq and has a birthday coming up. Since steak and bed are a no-go I was wanting to finally get him something he could use.

I'm curious as to what the most valuable gear is in Iraq that is not government issued, something that would help him perform his duties more efficiently or better protect him.

While all suggestions are appreciated, I should put out there that I only have about a $200.00 limit.

Thank you Rangers and others for your service. I look forward to any ideas ya'll might have.
I'm thinking a plane ticket home! :shock: :D That would be nice, but a PSP would also be nice if the first suggestion isn't possible.
"You're never beaten until you admit it."

RS 1-86
MrsDocMac

Post by MrsDocMac »

Thank you Rangers for the input.

Ranger Tater Nuts I had not seen that announcement and since that was along the lines of what I was originally gonna get thank you very much for letting me know.

The PSP sounds great Ranger Cams, but he has an xbox, tv, laptop, mp3 player, and a PDA so I'm not sure if he would want that.

If I could get a plane ticket to get him home Ranger Wellfed I sure as hell would spring for that one no matter the cost, I assure you!

As for the "homemade" entertainment Ranger Cams, like a good little wife I make sure to send him a home video every couple of weeks. :oops: 8)
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

ProudWifetoMyArmyRanger wrote:Thank you Rangers for the input.

Ranger Tater Nuts I had not seen that announcement and since that was along the lines of what I was originally gonna get thank you very much for letting me know.

The PSP sounds great Ranger Cams, but he has an xbox, tv, laptop, mp3 player, and a PDA so I'm not sure if he would want that.

If I could get a plane ticket to get him home Ranger Wellfed I sure as hell would spring for that one no matter the cost, I assure you!

As for the "homemade" entertainment Ranger Cams, like a good little wife I make sure to send him a home video every couple of weeks. :oops: 8)
Well then ma'am, sounds like you've covered everything pretty nicely then, what with all the stuff he has already, my next suggestion is a thirty pack and a recliner!! LoL! :twisted: :lol:
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
MrsDocMac

Post by MrsDocMac »

Well hell....
Last edited by MrsDocMac on July 2nd, 2006, 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MrsDocMac

Post by MrsDocMac »

Tater Nuts wrote:Not a suggestion, but I saw an announcement the other day that any type of performance (cool-max, underarmor, etc) t-shirts had been dissaproved for uniform wear. Mark them off your potential list. Perhaps some sort of preloaded entertainment, i-pod, mp3 etc. or a bottle of "mouthwash"?
Ranger Tater Nuts, just out of curiousity where did you see this announcement? My husband says they were issued to him when they deployed and was wondering why they haven't been told to take them off.
FireFinder
Paratrooper

Post by FireFinder »

ProudWifetoMyArmyRanger,

The Army Times had a recent article where the USMC has banned the use of the synthetic t-shirts, as they tend to melt, causing severe burns. I expect this is what Ranger Tater Nuts is referring to as the reason.
13R2P B BTRY (TAB), 26th FA (ABN), 18th FA BDE (1984-1988)
11C (4.2" Mortar) CSC 2/124INF, FLARNG (1988-1989)
MrsDocMac

Post by MrsDocMac »

Thank you FireFinder, I'll let him know.

Return to “Personal Gear”