Training requests at enlistment time?

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
jd0328
Embryo

Training requests at enlistment time?

Post by jd0328 »

I've read around here and really the only thing anyone talks about is making sure to request Airborne and Ranger when you go to enlist, but I was curious if any other training can be requested at enlistment. Obviously some things are clearly specialty training for the experienced soldier(like Sniper School), but I was wondering if there were any schools that you could request other than what has been mentioned here?
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Try and get the R&U Course. As I don't know what your clearance level will end up being, I can't discuss the course with you.
RafterMan
Tadpole

Post by RafterMan »

..You do realize he was kidding right?
Currahee 3-4
Tadpole

Post by Currahee 3-4 »

but your GT has to be at least 115 and you have to pass the Bronze Star physical at MEPS before you qualify.

Sincerely,
CSM Joe "IMASNIPERBRONZESTARWEARINGSTUD"Smith
A co 1/506th 91-92
1/327,2/327 92-94

From this day to the ending of the world we in it shall be remembered. We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.
Currahee 3-4
Tadpole

Post by Currahee 3-4 »

Maybe its just a difference between services.However i did switch over to option 85 which includes SFOD-D.Hard to get but worth the wait.requires a pretty high security clearance.I'd tell you what mine was but....well.....its secret. :twisted:
A co 1/506th 91-92
1/327,2/327 92-94

From this day to the ending of the world we in it shall be remembered. We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

How about option section 8? :wink:
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
EggMcMuffin
Tadpole

Post by EggMcMuffin »

This thread reminds me of something. :lol:
USAFA-CAP
SWR-TX-441

With my left hand and the internet, anyone's my girlfriend.

"We must remember that one man is much the same as another,
and he is best who is trained in the severest school." -Thucydidies
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Ed Egghead Smith wrote: --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This thread reminds me of something.

AKA Ed McMahan, EggMcMuffin, edmcman, edpokemon, Elbert Rinkadink, Von Eggman, EggSpooge, Eggpokemon VonPacman McMuffin, Egg Toss, Egg Zackly, Eggman Dingman, 3-minute Egg, More Eggzman,Moore Eggzman, AKA ...............Ahh screw it.

Is someone cooking eggs in here?
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Currahee 3-4
Tadpole

Post by Currahee 3-4 »

Thats it Devilrat.Sarcasm is an everyday occurance where you are headed.I think one of the most valuable things to learn before you go to the military is to check your ego.It helps you keep the mouth shut and the ears open and not to take things personally.

Honestly you dont need to look beyond what you have in your contract right now.Accomplish that goal and schools will come your way.Some of the schools may not be exactly what you are looking for but volunter anyway.Take the good with the bad.
A co 1/506th 91-92
1/327,2/327 92-94

Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

devilrat35 wrote:
RafterMan wrote:..You do realize he was kidding right?
Yeah, but you don't /have/ to acknowledge someone's sarcasm if you don't want to. He was being sarcastic about what you get in your contract and my response was stating I wasn't complaining or anything and that I was happy with what I got. I don't see the misfire here. :P
WHAT DO YOU MEAN, YOU DON'T SEE THE MISS FIRE HERE. GO READ THE INTRO FAQ, ON BANNED IDIOTS
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando

Return to “Recruitment Process”