SSG Strueker, Now Chaplian Capt Strueker?

Eight weeks of smoke, training & evaluation.
DocDaigle

SSG Strueker, Now Chaplian Capt Strueker?

Post by DocDaigle »

I can't believe my eyes, SSG Strueker is now a Chaplin / Cpt. Are any of you rangers out there one of his former students? I swear, the man was the anti-christ of instructors. Don't get me wrong, he's a great Ranger and he made you tough, but boy we he a mean mother. Oh yeah, and it was your ass if you swore around him. Just wanted to know when this transition for Jeff happened.

Doc Daigle
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

I saw an interview on the History Channel, about Black Hawk Down, and they said then, that he was a chaplain. That was some time last yr.
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
DocDaigle

Post by DocDaigle »

He was definatley not during Somalia, he was an RSOV driver, who found religion after what had happened. He was an SSG when he was my instructor, that was back in 94. He was assigned to the RIP school after that.
pjd
Ranger

Post by pjd »

He was one of my RIP Instructors in December of 96. He could bring the smoke, that's for sure. At the time he said he was CLEPing through his college courses so he could go OCS/Chaplain. Saw an article online about him a year or two ago; something about becoming or being invited to be the Congressional Chaplain.
Definatley struck fear/awe/respect into the hearts of his RIPpies.

Also, at the Infantry Museume on Ft Benning, 3rd Floor, there is a display that is a statue wearing SSG Strueker's uniform (yes, it has the SSG rank on it). Has all his medals and awards, etc, and a plackard with his story on it. Scared the shit out of me when I turned the corner and found myself staring at the likeness of the man that broke half my RIP class.
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

He is now the 2/75 Chaplain and I would not be surprised to see him as the RGMT chaplain later on some time.
Mailman
Tadpole

Post by Mailman »

That man still to this day sends a chill down my spine!!!!! :shock: The Saltbitch and I had him as our RIP instructors.
C co 3/75, 3rd Plt
94-97

"I didn't want to hurt them, I only wanted to kill them." -David Berkowitz-
RRDTm3
Ranger

Post by RRDTm3 »

Jeff and i worked together and did halo op's together. it is funny though everyone seems to forget he won BRC! He went to the Letterman show after he and his partner won it, he left like on a tuesday and i told him when he got their to ask dave for one of his personalized hooded sweat shirts. they are really hard to come by. like a good ranger he only had to hear it once. monday morning guess who had his hooded sweat shirt? ME!
A co 3/75
RRD
RIP/PRC
Ranger Instructor 4th RTB
H co LRS
WTC
MUTC
#8-91

"I will never out rank stupid people"

Mentor to Myself
DocDaigle

RIP Instructor?

Post by DocDaigle »

I remember when he and Spc. Simms won it, I think that was his parteners name. Which means, you were probably my RIP instructor too. I was there when SFC Devens and Trofee Campbell were the hold over cadre. I was lucky enough to spend 4 weeks waiting to go through RIP due to the fact my Aitborne class jumped a week late because of high winds, thus my class started without me. You may remember me as the tough Medic who lost the skin on the bottom of my right foot. It was completely gone, my feet bled through the boots leaving a trail of blood, and I never quit. Gene Houston was the medic at the time, we through some new skin (latex) oon my dogs and went back to work as usual. That little stunt won me honors at RIP. I am trying to figure out who you are, if you don't mind let me know so aI can put a face to you.

DOC
jakeshoe
Ranger

Post by jakeshoe »

I saw that Congressional Prayer Service deal too.

SSG Struecker was my RIP instructor. He was called the Anti-Christ then too...

SFC Devens was the RIP PSG at the time.

SSG Gallegos (sp?) from 2nd Batt, I've heard some interesting stories abut his jump into Panama in '89.

SGT Prescott. i saw an article on him from Afghanistan, awarded the Bronze star.
He use to tell us "Shoot 'em in the Fuckin' Face!!"

Fuckin' Hooah.
This site is bringin back some memories.
Aco/HHC 2/75 95-99
messdaddy
Ranger

Post by messdaddy »

Gmazel was his partner's name.
JMcD76
Ranger

Post by JMcD76 »

SSG Strueker is the only RIP instructor I remember. That guy was insane, it seemed like he was there every day.
Bco 2/75 Jan 95- May96
Vee
Ranger

Post by Vee »

JMcD76 wrote:SSG Strueker is the only RIP instructor I remember. That guy was insane, it seemed like he was there every day.

He fed off the fear............
RSD 96-99
Narrow Gauge RR
Tadpole

Post by Narrow Gauge RR »

Ranger's here is an article I found about Ranger Strueker
http://www.family.org/teenguys/breakmag ... 23481.html
...I turned down their dope. And I turned down their stupid trends. And the hippies always hated me, because they were preaching peace and love and I was loading a .44 magnum.
Ted Nugent

What's a fart? A turd honking for right of way.

Return to “About RASP”