Running

No Snivel Zone. PT - Pushups, Flutterkicks, Running, Roadmarching.
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

Oh heah, Buns of steel. :lol:
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
BadMuther
BANNED

Post by BadMuther »

Spartan wrote:Or doing aerobics while watching Spongebob Squarepants.
Your favorite too?

I think I like pokemon better!
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

Are you guys sure you would'nt prefer Sponge bob with NO PANTS? :lol:
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
deleon275
Ranger

Post by deleon275 »

Another advantage to the exercises I listed is they toughen you up for ruck runs. Not sure if those still go on in bat, they were kinda phasing out right before I left in the sense it was forbidden to run on concrete with rucks. Running in just your kiss me fuck me ranger shorts may improve your cardio, but when it comes down to the mission you've got RBA and god knows what else on ya. Best to be strengthening your legs in all aspects.

For the life of me I can't remember the name of the physical trainer over in 2nd bat. I'll ask some of my friends still over there and see if I can get ahold of his email. I'm pretty sure he'd be more than willing to give some alternatives to running since he is totally against running at all.
"When you look at this final agreement that we came to with the White House, I got 98 percent of what I wanted. I’m pretty happy." John Boehner

''If we took away the minimum wage — if conceivably it was gone — we could potentially virtually wipe out unemployment completely because we would be able to offer jobs at whatever level.''
BadMuther
BANNED

Post by BadMuther »

Dude, I hate running...like I was saying earlier tho...I don't see how weightlifting will improve your cardio.
deleon275
Ranger

Post by deleon275 »

Depends on what type of weight lifting. If you do circuits you can definitely make a cardio workout through weightlifting. Not the best way, but it works. It may not necessarily make your cardio better but will increase your power and endurance depending on how you workout.
"When you look at this final agreement that we came to with the White House, I got 98 percent of what I wanted. I’m pretty happy." John Boehner

''If we took away the minimum wage — if conceivably it was gone — we could potentially virtually wipe out unemployment completely because we would be able to offer jobs at whatever level.''
Kiknskreem
Tadpole

Post by Kiknskreem »

For those that hate running, but still need to improve cardio/endurance, jumping rope can be a godsend. It also takes a lot of strain off your joints if you do it correctly.
Motivated. Dedicated. Heart and Soul.
August-O TwentyFive-O

Post by August-O TwentyFive-O »

This has just been my experience and has worked for me, but all are welcome to try it. I Do track which seems to be a great advantage but it really hasn't I'm a thrower and we dont run much which has put me back for two years straight (last yr and yr before). This year since joining the army I have been getting my ass in gear. My point to all this is try sprints they have helped me achieve longer runs and do well. I go to the track and do 3 100 meter sprints followed by a break then 3 25 meter sprints then I slam a full run for one lap. Then the next day I will see what my two mile run is.

My 100 meter sprint time is 12:34 versus 17:00 when I started
My 2 mile run is 14 56 versus 18:32 when I started

I been working on this since january so give it a try and see what you think. Some might think this is bullshit, but I'm trying hard to get into shape for Bct and when the time comes I will work just as hard to become a ranger
BadMuther
BANNED

Post by BadMuther »

Poodlerat-

Don't be afraid to mix shit up.....throw some sprints into your PT, it will help you out.

Sprinting is anaerobic, running (except Ranger running :wink: ) is aerobic. Capiche?
Slowpoke
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Slowpoke »

Do lots of pull-ups. DO NOT overlook this. Your training needs to be complete, don't sacrafice one area for another. ALL standards have to be met, don't make the mistake of assuming you're good enough at something.
I never wore a cape, but I still have my dog tags.

Experienced Peek Freak!!

173rd Abn LRRP...'66/'67
C/1/506 101st Abn
B/2/325 82nd Abn
rangercamaro
Ranger

Post by rangercamaro »

find a long sloping hill with a decent grade in your area (50-100m). run up, run down... run up run down...
Do this for a one week break on the distance. You can mix in sprints and pull ups at the end. If you get three or four guys with ya leap frog up the hill.

They did this to us at RIP and it really improoved my endurance and time. It sucked like an eager rangerette but it worked. :lol:
Bco 1/75 2nd plt Wpn Sqd 89-93
HHC 1/75 Bn Armorer 93-94 (after cookoff)
August-O TwentyFive-O

Post by August-O TwentyFive-O »

Slowpoke wrote:Do lots of pull-ups. DO NOT overlook this. Your training needs to be complete, don't sacrafice one area for another. ALL standards have to be met, don't make the mistake of assuming you're good enough at something.
Crap, Thanks Ranger Slowpoke for your input. I totally neglected my pull-ups.
Slowpoke
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Slowpoke »

August-O TwentyFive-O wrote:
Slowpoke wrote:Do lots of pull-ups. DO NOT overlook this. Your training needs to be complete, don't sacrafice one area for another. ALL standards have to be met, don't make the mistake of assuming you're good enough at something.
Crap, Thanks Ranger Slowpoke for your input. I totally neglected my pull-ups.
Others have as well, and ended up sucking hind tit.
I never wore a cape, but I still have my dog tags.

Experienced Peek Freak!!

173rd Abn LRRP...'66/'67
C/1/506 101st Abn
B/2/325 82nd Abn

Return to “About Army Physical Training”