Leave?

Three phases and 62 days of hell. This section named in honor of MAJ John Whyte who was taken from us on 04/17/05.
KrazyFlip
Soldier

Leave?

Post by KrazyFlip »

I looked around and could not find the anwser to my questions. I am sorry if it has been asked before. My question is, After R.I.P. do you go directly to Batt. after that and get block leave? Or Do you get sent back home for hometown recruiting for 30 days. Or do you have to wait until after Batt. and Ranger School then get sent home for 30 days? Sorry it is more than one question. I was curious because my recruiter didn't have an anwser for these questions. Thank you Rangers for your time.
MOS:11x/Airborne OSUT
Ship Date: March 24, 2004
BadMuther
BANNED

Post by BadMuther »

Flip...I'll try and answer your multi-question.

In Batt you get leave when the whole batt takes leave. It's called block leave. That's all I'll say about it in the open.

*Some* folks got to take leave after RIP and before going to Batt....I didn't, I was a Christmas RIP class.
KrazyFlip
Soldier

Post by KrazyFlip »

Thank you Ranger wm311 for the info it is really appreaciated.
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

I got to take what is called 'Leave Enroute', also called 'Leave in conjunction with a PCS Move'. If you stay at Benning to serve in 3rd Batt (IF and that's a BIG IF, you make it through RIP), you won't be making a PCS (Permanent Change of Station) move.

You rocket scientists should be able to figure out the rest.
Horned Toad
Ranger

Post by Horned Toad »

At Regt we didn’t get block leave, it was take it if you can fit it in the training schedule, I had 2 months of leave saved up when I got out.
75th RGR RGT 91-94
RS 03-92
KrazyFlip
Soldier

Post by KrazyFlip »

Thank you Ranger Spartan and Ranger Horned Toad for the information.
Horned Toad
Ranger

Post by Horned Toad »

I guess to answer your question I did get leave right after RIP and I remember taking leave after Ranger School but that is the only 2 times I remember for sure.
75th RGR RGT 91-94
RS 03-92

Return to “About Ranger School - In Honor of Ranger BattleBoar - RIP”