Cold weather boot question

Three phases and 62 days of hell. This section named in honor of MAJ John Whyte who was taken from us on 04/17/05.
LtGoForBroke
Egg

Cold weather boot question

Post by LtGoForBroke »

Can anyone here who has gone to Ranger school during the cold weather months give some feedback as to how well the ICB's were for you in the cold weather? I have a friend who graduated last year and he said he only took two boots to Ranger school....his ICB's and his jungles...he said he used his jungles everyday, and his ICB's only at night to sleep. But the problem with his advice is that he went when the weather was getting warmer. So if anyone can give feedback of their experience with ICB's and the cold weather I would appreciate it. Thank you.
Silverback
Ranger

Re: Cold weather boot question

Post by Silverback »

LtGoForBroke wrote:Can anyone here who has gone to Ranger school during the cold weather months give some feedback as to how well the ICB's were for you in the cold weather? I have a friend who graduated last year and he said he only took two boots to Ranger school....his ICB's and his jungles...he said he used his jungles everyday, and his ICB's only at night to sleep. But the problem with his advice is that he went when the weather was getting warmer. So if anyone can give feedback of their experience with ICB's and the cold weather I would appreciate it. Thank you.
Is it really that hard to read the packing list on the Ranger Training Brigade web site?
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

Covered under OPTIONAL items
Boots, Cold Weather, Black, Leather, Military issue 1 pr
(Matterhorn, Rockies, Danner, or Belleville only)
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
IDon'tCare
Ranger

Post by IDon'tCare »

sobersides wrote:
LtGoForBroke wrote:...I have a friend who graduated last year and he said he only took two boots to Ranger school....his ICB's and his jungles...he said he used his jungles everyday, and his ICB's only at night to sleep. But the problem with his advice....
WTF? There are more problems with his advice than just that. First of all, if he only had two boots, then he must have had a jungle boot on one foot and an ICB on the other. :oops: The second problem is that he got to sleep at night. Are you sure he was talking about Ranger School? And when did he find time to change boots every night? It's not like you put on your PJ's, brush your teeth, fluff the pillow, and settle down for sweet dreams. If you have a chance to close your eyes and catch some zzz's, then drop on the ground and shut your eyes. Every second wasted changing boots is a second less sleep you get.
WTF? do they leave a light on for you now days?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
A co 2/75 80-84
Ranger class 12-82
SERE Instructor class 1-83

Mentor to Prodigy922 / KW12 / whiskeytango
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

HAR wrote:WTF? do they leave a light on for you now days?
We have one squad of OPFOR assigned to every Ranger squad. The OPFOR squads job is to carry all of the cold weather gear for the students.
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
centermass
Ranger Admin/RIP Ranger

Post by centermass »

Silverback wrote:
We have one squad of OPFOR assigned to every Ranger squad. The OPFOR squads job is to carry all of the cold weather gear for the students.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
RS 8-81
Mentor to Rock2/75
US Army Retired 1977-1999

Remember, always be yourself....unless you're Batman. In that case, be Batman.
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

LastHardSapper wrote:
Silverback wrote:
Ranger Silverback,
My son is in school now, can you have the OPFOR guys carry a few pizzas and some snickers bars along with his cold weather gear for his late night snacking pleasure? :lol:
Gimme' his name :twisted: and I'll make sure he knows you squared him away!
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Towedjmpr
Paratrooper

Post by Towedjmpr »

Silverback wrote:
LastHardSapper wrote:
Silverback wrote: We have one squad of OPFOR assigned to every Ranger squad. The OPFOR squads job is to carry all of the cold weather gear for the students.
Ranger Silverback,
My son is in school now, can you have the OPFOR guys carry a few pizzas and some snickers bars along with his cold weather gear for his late night snacking pleasure? :lol:

:shock: :shock:

Run away!
"Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza."

-- Dave Barry
AbnRgr289
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by AbnRgr289 »

Silverback wrote:
LastHardSapper wrote:
Silverback wrote: We have one squad of OPFOR assigned to every Ranger squad. The OPFOR squads job is to carry all of the cold weather gear for the students.
Ranger Silverback,
ImageImage
"It's not for us to reason why, it's just for us to Do or Die!"

"S.A.F.R.A.!"

Bco 1/263rd Armor SCARNG. 11/84-7/87
Aco 3/75 Rgr Regt. 1/88-2/90 (Op-JC)
HHC 2/18 197 Inf Bde/3rd Bde 24th ID. 2/90-5/92 (Op-DS/DS)
HHC 4th RTB 5/92-12/95
Rgr class 1&2-89
The Holmchicken
Ranger

Post by The Holmchicken »

Silverback wrote:
LastHardSapper wrote:
Ranger Silverback,
I get the feeling he's going to dread the help more than appreciate it.......
2/75 97-00

It's not that I'm lazy........it's that I don't care

75th RRA
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

LastHardSapper wrote:Forget the pizzas Ranger SB, I'm sure he's having a wonderful time without my help. Thanks anyway.
Don't say I didn't offer :evil:
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

SB, you're too kind.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87