Infrared LED Light Therapy

Caring for the warriors: How medics contribute to mission accomplishment.
Joedan
Embryo

Infrared LED Light Therapy

Post by Joedan »

http://www.thetendonitissite.com/

Has anyone had any experience with these things? Ive been having a lot of inflammation and stiffness in my tendons and upper shoulders for the past few weeks and physical therapy doesnt seem to help much, if at all. I just came across this site today and would like to hear some advice/reccomendations of how to treat the problem properly. I dont go back to physical therapy until tuesday so if worst comes to worst ill wait until then to ask about it.
Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Re: Infrared LED Light Therapy

Post by Flesh Thorn »

Joedan wrote:http://www.thetendonitissite.com/

Has anyone had any experience with these things? Ive been having a lot of inflammation and stiffness in my tendons and upper shoulders for the past few weeks and physical therapy doesnt seem to help much, if at all. I just came across this site today and would like to hear some advice/reccomendations of how to treat the problem properly. I dont go back to physical therapy until tuesday so if worst comes to worst ill wait until then to ask about it.
First off, fuck the pretty light. Physical therapy ? WTF ? You are 17 and you shouldn't be having inflammation in your fucking tendons. What did you do that you need physical therapy ? Is it the 1000 push ups or the 1000 sit ups ? High reps of push ups would be the most likely cause of your tendonitis i.e. over use injury
A Co. 3/75 Ranger Regt. HQ Section Dec 85-June 86.
HSC USAITC June 86-April 88
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
Thursday
Tadpole

Post by Thursday »

First of all, if you want answers, you need to give more information than just 'I have been having inflamation in my shoulders'. Why are you getting inflamation / edema? Why are you in physical therapy? Did you injure your shoulder somehow? How often are you doing the 500 pushups / situps you stated you do in the 1000 pu club thread?

You need to give out more info about your problem if you actually want a decent answer.
ChipOnShoulder

Post by ChipOnShoulder »

Need more info before I can offer Doctorin' advise.
Joedan
Embryo

Post by Joedan »

Well, I just fully recovered from my deviated septom surgery about 3 months ago, so I figured id try one of those Ironman pushup program things to get my numbers back up slightly before I started anything too hard. To cut to the chase, the program invovles a TON of those close gripped diamond pushups to failure. I was never to fond of but I thought id give it a try, so about 3/4 the way of finishing the program I started feeling the pain. Im not 100% sure thats what caused it, just kinda snuck up on me out of no where.
ChipOnShoulder

Post by ChipOnShoulder »

#1 Are you sore/"hurt"?...............or

#2 Are you injured and feel extreme pain?

If the answer is yes to #1 back off a bit and let yourself recover.

If the answer is yes to #2 go to a doctor!

If you can't afford one follow the RICE plan.

[b]R[/b]est- Do not use
[b]I[/b]ce- 20min on, 20min off wrap a towel around the ice so you don't get frost bite.
[b]C[/b]ompression- ace wrap
[b]E[/b]levate
Joedan
Embryo

Post by Joedan »

Just like to thank you for your time and input Ranger Doc Cook, I got xrayed yesterday and the doctor seems to think its a rotator cuff injury, he prescribed some anti inflammatory medicine and ill continue to follow the RICE plan and hope for the best. Also is there any upper body exercises that you can reccomend that dont involve the use of the shoulders? Im keeping up on my running and all but Id like to have some strength left by the time im 100%, Thanks.

Return to “Medical Issues”